Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

Thanks everyone! I wish he did have more time but I believe someone was waiting for him at Broken Guitars and he was in a bit of a hurry to get there. It was kind of him to let me (as well as my little buddy that was with me) have a moment of his time. He could have easily just shooed us off and said he was in a hurry to be somewhere but he actually stopped and listened.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Insomniac186 said:

I ran into Billie Joe today in Oakland and I asked if the band was making a new record. He said "yes" and it should "hopefully be out in the fall". Photo of me with Billie Joe taken today is Here.

For those that are curious, I had been at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and ran into him just walking down the sidewalk headed toward Broken Guitars. I was not expecting it. I've wanted to meet him for over 20 years and there he was. He was in a hurry to meet someone but let me talk to him for a moment and let me take a picture, which he had no obligation to do. He's a great guy.

Finally some gas to our hype train

I kinda figured itd be out around the fall. But thats awesome you got to meet him! My guess is we'll get some kind of news in the next two months. 

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Summer tour is still a possibility.

I doubt a full tour would start then. A fall release would probably see something like the American Idiot promo. A handful of shows (or festivals), sprinkled with promo concerts in places in NY and LA with some TV shows. Either way, fall is less than 6 months away :ga: 

It was nice of @Fuzz to let Billie have a free day today too bad Billie is back chained up in his basement 

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

It was nice of @Fuzz to let Billie have a free day today too bad Billie is back chained up in his basement 

Somehow that joke got even less funny and more cringey the second time around.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Somehow that joke got even less funny and more cringey the second time around.

eh I've been sick all week so my A material is slighted some 

5 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I guess I would consider billie a reliable source. :lol:

Are you sure it's Billie we're talking about? :P

7 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

I ran into Billie Joe today in Oakland and I asked if the band was making a new record. He said "yes" and it should "hopefully be out in the fall". Photo of me with Billie Joe taken today is Here.

For those that are curious, I had been at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and ran into him just walking down the sidewalk headed toward Broken Guitars. I was not expecting it. I've wanted to meet him for over 20 years and there he was. He was in a hurry to meet someone but let me talk to him for a moment and let me take a picture, which he had no obligation to do. He's a great guy.

So awesome :dance: 

The album will be a birthday present for me

Well that's awesome! So fall (autumn for me since I'm British!) is fromn September  through until December 20th, so if a fall / autumn release does happen, it should be in that time frame.

This was good news to wake up to!

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

Well that's awesome! So fall (autumn for me since I'm British!) is fromn September  through until December 20th, so if a fall / autumn release does happen, it should be in that time frame.

This was good news to wake up to!

Maybe chill with the font size.

Great news. It will be a great birthday gift for me as well.I might even have a chance to go to europe tour if it lasts till 2017 fall. 

I like it how they really are taking their time to finish up the album.

Wondering if that Jason Freese(?) comment about the tour was at all true.

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wondering if that Jason Freese(?) comment about the tour was at all true.

The way I see it, the massive tour date might shift until the album release date is set.

So if gda posts these news green day management will go mad make them delete it and fire billie joe?

Freese wasn't fired, he was placed on "temporary administrative leave" :lol:

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

Freese wasn't fired, he was placed on "temporary administrative leave" :lol:

or maybe that was a part of "planned" promotion

Ok, so he said the album. 
Now, what about a single?
For those that notice these trends and have an idea of previous promo, would you say the possibility of hearing a single in May is not entirely out there? I don't remember how the rumor began but ...

7 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Ok, so he said the album. 
Now, what about a single?
For those that notice these trends and have an idea of previous promo, would you say the possibility of hearing a single in May is not entirely out there? I don't remember how the rumor began but ...

no way would a single by out that early earliest would be near end of July even that'd probably be stretching it 

Yeah..Porbably getting an announcement in May with press release/photoshootl, but no single yet. 

See the first single release dates below for all albums (that count). Based on these, I don't think we'll see a single until August or September (assuming a September or October release). This is of course if they stick to the trend.

Dookie (and before)
Doesn't count because no one knew Green Day, so standard single marketing doesn't apply

Insomniac
Album release: October 10, 1995
Single release: September 25, 1995 ("Geek Stink Breath")

Nimrod
Album release: October 14, 1997
Single release: September 22, 1997 ("Hitchin' a Ride")

Warning
Album release: October 3, 2000
Single release: August 31, 2000 ("Minority")

American Idiot
Album release: September 21, 2004
Single release: August 31, 2014 ("American Idiot")

21st Century Breakdown
Album release: May 15, 2009
Single release: April 16, 2009 ("Know Your Enemy")

UNO
Album release: September 25, 2012
Single release: July 16, 2012 ("Oh Love")

DOS
Album release: November 9, 2012
Single release: October 15, 2012 ("Stray Heart")

TRE
Single(s) didn't matter at this point

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived