Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

Seeing Tre's drums like that makes me think they may not be recording finals yet. These cymbals would rattle and probably bleed into the microphones. Unless that's the sound they're aiming for, or course.. :mellow:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JorickF said:

Seeing Tre's drums like that makes me think they may not be recording finals yet. These cymbals would rattle and probably bleed into the microphones. Unless that's the sound they're aiming for, or course.. :mellow:

Or the more likely scenario, that's not their recording room.

The world is their recording room :happy: 

I have it on good authority that @Fuzz has Green Day kidnapped and is holding them in his basement and makes them put the lotion in the basket

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Or the more likely scenario, that's not their recording room.

We've seen pictures from the studio, weeks apart, with the drums clearly mic'd up and cymbals/heads in the background. The latest instagram indeed doesn't look like it's taken from that recording room, but it's not that different from those that are.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBEEmBrxy2h/?taken-by=trecool
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD7IvqRxy7v/?taken-by=trecool

Anyway, I think I would actually like the finals to sound more like demos, so maybe this just adds to that atmosphere. :) 

51 minutes ago, JorickF said:

Anyway, I think I would actually like the finals to sound more like demos, so maybe this just adds to that atmosphere. :) 

I fully disagree on that. I want demos to sound like demos and finals to sound like finals. when finals sound like demos it would mean that it is mainly an unfinished product sound-wise and structurely. I'm having trouble paying full price for that.

I had a dream last night that the album was released and all of the song titles rhymed :mellow:

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I had a dream last night that the album was released and all of the song titles rhymed :mellow:

Wouldn't it be pretty cool? 

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Wouldn't it be pretty cool? 

Yea a good marketing tool

Take it a step further: not only do the album titles rhyme, but, taken as a whole, they themselves are the lyrics to the final track on the album...

15 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Take it a step further: not only do the album titles rhyme, but, taken as a whole, they themselves are the lyrics to the final track on the album...

Doesn't it happen always? Majority of their lyrics are like this where the ending parts are rhyming.

Won't gonna bet but I think it will also follow the same pattern that has always been going on i.e.- Intro -----> Verse 1 -----> Chorus -----> Verse 2 -----> Chorus -----> Guitar solo -----> Verse 3 -----> Chorus -----> Outro

I had this crazy idea that they could release a trilogy of albums with each of their faces on the cover of each record

5 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

I had this crazy idea that they could release a trilogy of albums with each of their faces on the cover of each record

That sounds kind of lame

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

Best album concept I've ever heard

I'm waiting expectantly for the band to sign me on in recognition of my awesome creative abilities.

So now the band scraps all plans for the new album and starts from scratch by  stealing Kay's idea.  We now have at least 7 more months to wait.   

On a more serious note, I think this would be a pretty cool album cover

20 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

So now the band scraps all plans for the new album and starts from scratch by  stealing Kay's idea.  We now have at least 7 more months to wait.   

Sorry Judi :( 

I ran into Billie Joe today in Oakland and I asked if the band was making a new record. He said "yes" and it should "hopefully be out in the fall". Photo of me with Billie Joe taken today is Here.

For those that are curious, I had been at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and ran into him just walking down the sidewalk headed toward Broken Guitars. I was not expecting it. I've wanted to meet him for over 20 years and there he was. He was in a hurry to meet someone but let me talk to him for a moment and let me take a picture, which he had no obligation to do. He's a great guy.

4 minutes ago, Insomniac186 said:

I ran into Billie Joe today in Oakland and I asked if the band was making a new record. He said "yes" and it should "hopefully be out in the fall". Photo of me with Billie Joe taken today is Here.

For those that are curious, I had been at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records and ran into him just walking down the sidewalk headed toward Broken Guitars. I was not expecting it. I've wanted to meet him for over 20 years and there he was. He was in a hurry to meet someone but let me talk to him for a moment and let me take a picture, which he had no obligation to do. He's a great guy.

OMG what a great day you had.  Sad the album won't be out until fall but at least it'll be this year!!!

18 minutes ago, Insomniac186 said:

OMG you are so lucky! That's awesome you got to talk to him and take a picture with him. It's very nice that he answered your question too. Now we know an approximate release time and don't need to speculate anymore. :lol:;) Yeah right.

31 minutes ago, Insomniac186 said:

Wow this is fantastic, thank you for sharing your picture and story! And album verification,  direct from the source!  Congratulations on meeting Billie Joe, sounds like he was really nice.

that's awesome! I wish you could have had more time with him and asked what to expect

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived