Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

3 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

True. But since he's also chairman of Warner Bros. Records he might be too busy to produce the album himself and might just give advice to the band. At this point anything could be possible. But I got a feeling that there's a great possibility that he will be producing the new album.

he was chairman when he produced the trilogy 

isn't one of the rumors is they have a new producer?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Michael Highway said:

*solos on Dos 

Outocorrected again, lol

I still managed to spell autocorrect wrong. Damn phone! :P 

3 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Once you go black, you never go back

Oh, I see what you did there :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Once you go black, you never go back

true 

21 minutes ago, Michael Highway said:

I still managed to spell autocorrect wrong. Damn phone! :P 

Haha, you can edit your posts though

I am gonna point out, while Green Day were doing an interview at Abby Road, while also performing 21st Century Breakdown, Billie said in his own words "a producer for us is somebody that captures the sound and the energy of the band", so if Will.I.Am is producing at least some of the new album, then I'm confident it'll be for the right reasons based on that. :)

35 minutes ago, Private Ale. said:

First i was furious about this but some comments make sense.Especially learning this guy produced Sarah mclaughlin ,rolling stones ... I 'm not fan of those either but that means he does more than hip hop.Sometimes GDC is  very useful ,sometimes it becomes a fight club

Will.I.Am is not producing the next green day album lol

I saw a lot of pictures of them with Oakland Coffee. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland Coffee is producing the album. Or maybe Grease Live. Everything is possible. 

1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

Haha, you can edit your posts though

It occurred to me after, lol, and I thought too late for backses now :P

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

I saw a lot of pictures of them with Oakland Coffee. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland Coffee is producing the album. Or maybe Grease Live. Everything is possible. 

Don't be silly man. Oakland Coffee is chairman. He's way too busy to be producing a new Green Day album.

Just now, Lady Nightlife said:

Will.I.Am is not producing the next green day album lol

I know he won't. but if by any chance he will do something with green day it won't be nightlife 2.0 like people say.It's weird to say it to you but i'm anti-nightlife.

in short seeing the list of artists he worked with gave me relief.

Not impossible Will I Am produces a track or two on this. Would be able to market it better too...

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

i think Sara and Brit are producing the album 

You caught me..... :ga: That Brit girl wanted to do it too but I didn't let her. 

Just now, Private Ale. said:

I know he won't. but if by any chance he will do something with green day it won't be nightlife 2.0 like people say.It's weird to say it to you but i'm anti-nightlife.

how can you be anti the best song they've ever done?

Just now, Private Ale. said:

No worries, I'm not a huge nightlife fan myself. I just needed a recognizable username and this was available :P

Everyone's getting way too worked up about this photo though, holy shit.

2 minutes ago, Lady Nightlife said:

No worries, I'm not a huge nightlife fan myself. I just needed a recognizable username and this was available :P

That surprises me. It's such a fan favorite.

Just now, Sixtrix said:

That surprises me. It's such a fan favorite.

Given it's popularity, I'm shocked it didn't make it onto the setlist for the last tour :(

does anyone know what green day's contract with the label is like? i feel like i remember hearing that the original contract back in the 90's was a 5 album deal, which means it would have ended after American Idiot. I wonder how many albums they have left on their contract. at this point i'm wondering if once their contract is fulfilled they just start putting stuff out on Adeline and do everything on their own terms.

5 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

does anyone know what green day's contract with the label is like? i feel like i remember hearing that the original contract back in the 90's was a 5 album deal, which means it would have ended after American Idiot. I wonder how many albums they have left on their contract. at this point i'm wondering if once their contract is fulfilled they just start putting stuff out on Adeline and do everything on their own terms.

They already do things in their own terms...

Just now, WhiteTim said:

They already do things in their own terms...

every little thing though? you don't think the label pressures them for hits? if it weren't for pressure from the label then American Idiot may have never happened after that whole Cigarettes and Valentines thing. and weren't they under a lot of pressure after Warning had lackluster sales?

Just now, Kyle Serlington said:

every little thing though? you don't think the label pressures them for hits? if it weren't for pressure from the label then American Idiot may have never happened after that whole Cigarettes and Valentines thing. and weren't they under a lot of pressure after Warning had lackluster sales?

What I understood is that Rob pushed them to another level after the Cigarettes and Valentines incident. But not to push them to score some hits but because he knew they had more potential at that moment.

3 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

When a band has made a label as much money as Green Day has, the label gives alot of concessions and leeway to the band.  As Tim said, they are already doing things on their own terms.  They have earned the right.  

• Fuzz locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived