Rap

Sarcasm

Eminem still towers above the rest

• Like 1

Eric
Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, Sarcasm said:

too bad revival was one of the worst albums ever. He only has like 3 good songs within the last couple of years.

NEW BROCKHAMPTON! I swear we are about to get yet another amazing album!

Edited by Hermione
Please remove videos from quotes

WhiteTim

Em has the talent however I don’t think his heart is really into the music now I think the death of Proof really took a lot out of him he has moments sure but for most part I think he likes the semi retirement and wants to fully retire just my opinion

Sarcasm

he just did a verse with Royce, it's on Caterpillar. As usual he bodies the artist who features him

Eric
18 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Em has the talent however I don’t think his heart is really into the music now I think the death of Proof really took a lot out of him he has moments sure but for most part I think he likes the semi retirement and wants to fully retire just my opinion

You obviously ignoring the last two songs he was on. 

WhiteTim
2 hours ago, Eric said:

You obviously ignoring the last two songs he was on. 

You obviously missed the “he has moments” part... 

Hermione

It just seems like he ran out of ideas. He's still a good rapper but he keeps going back to the same old things and doesn't seem inspired like he used to be. Like he's inspired to be technically great at rapping and he is but the lyrical content isn't there. He's struggled to progress.

• Like 1

Eric
On 7/8/2018 at 12:03 PM, Hermione said:

It just seems like he ran out of ideas. He's still a good rapper but he keeps going back to the same old things and doesn't seem inspired like he used to be. Like he's inspired to be technically great at rapping and he is but the lyrical content isn't there. He's struggled to progress.

Sounds like you can say any rapper in the world of rap struggles to progress. I have seen rappers you and Tim claim to still be good on here,  "90s. oh when "rap was good years.'  Hell even Green Day's music sounds all the same, You guys all dissect the lyrics and instrumentation to each song apart to say it sounds like this song, or here goes Billie references this again. Again I did not like Revival. But with albums before that he gave us quality lyrics. All he had was one bad album. But yet you guys claim he struggles to progress or he should retire. The lack of respect for Rap God here is sad. Stick to rock guys or 90s hip hop.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:37 AM, Sarcasm said:

Have you ever gave Royce Da 5'9" 's discography a listen by any chance? 

New Sylvan Lacue this Friday!!! :dance: 

WhiteTim

nevermind there’s no use of debating about opinions 

Hermione

"Stick to rock guys or 90s hip hop" :rolleyes: ok. As I said I still think he's a great rapper. But I can't believe anyone thinks his last few albums are anywhere near his first few. The word play and flow is great but the lyrical content/substance isn't on the same level. He rehashes the same themes in his lyrics and also other stuff like putting a "serious" sounding guest female singer on every chorus and forced humour that sounds so dated. I would love it if his albums were still as good but they're just not, they're rehashed and sound lyrically uninspired. Again I still think he is inspired to be great at rapping and is, technically. But he needs new ideas.

WhiteTim

You know @Eric after reading your last post and then seeing this meme on IG 

XuMn4dY.jpg

Made me look at my music on iTunes and maybe you do have a point about me being close minded as new era rap isn’t my cup of tea altho to be fair I wouldn’t say 90’s rap was the only good years 2000’s had some great music as well but I dunno the last few years trying new artists aside from a few here and there just aren’t my thing most are club or mumbling or don’t have beats I like so that makes me tune off and not pay attention as I like a complete package person like say with Canibus has lyrics for days but crappy beats so I don’t listen to him even tho I know lyrically I’d get something out of them I dunno maybe I’m too old for rap or maybe since I’m in a point of time where I don’t love music as much as I used to I don’t feel the connection with new music I notice only new music is from those artists I either grew up on who are still doing music or those I know and maybe I should try to adventure out and stop having a hard time exploring new artists seriously no sarcasm or anything meant thanks Eric for making me evaluate and think about music something I haven’t done in a while 

¡Jenn!

Tim, you do you. Don't let Eric try and make you feel guilty for what you like (like he does with everyone on this fucking website.) I find branching out hard to do as well - i think it's maybe an age thing. Things become harder to catch my attention than it used to. But so what? Like whatever you want. It's all good. 

To keep on topic (as this will probably be the only time I'm in this thread lol) - I'm surprisingly quite liking the new Carters song. 

WhiteTim
11 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Tim, you do you. Don't let Eric try and make you feel guilty for what you like (like he does with everyone on this fucking website.) I find branching out hard to do as well - i think it's maybe an age thing. Things become harder to catch my attention than it used to. But so what? Like whatever you want. It's all good. 

To keep on topic (as this will probably be the only time I'm in this thread lol) - I'm surprisingly quite liking the new Carters song. 

Nah it’s not about feeling guilty Eric nor anyone else could ever make me feel guilty about what I like or don’t like but he has called me closed minded before while in the past I’ve denied that but looking at my library I have to say I am and he has a point to that and that does need to be worked on it’s so easy to just stay stuck on what you know/use to but I could be missing out on a lot of good new music (and that goes for all genres not just rap...) by being close minded 

Eric

NEW BLACK EYED PEAS!

They are like 4/4 since Fergie left the group! Yesterday, Street Livin, Ring The Alarm pt1,2,3, and now Get It :dance: 

¡Jenn!
10 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Nah it’s not about feeling guilty Eric nor anyone else could ever make me feel guilty about what I like or don’t like but he has called me closed minded before while in the past I’ve denied that but looking at my library I have to say I am and he has a point to that and that does need to be worked on it’s so easy to just stay stuck on what you know/use to but I could be missing out on a lot of good new music (and that goes for all genres not just rap...) by being close minded 

I don't see it as being close minded. If you're getting bored of your current music, then sure, go explore. But I don't see why you have to branch out just because someone says you should, you know. As for new music, it's not going to go away so you wouldn't be missing out (and if you haven't heard it then you don't know you're missing out anyway so it's fine!)

• Like 1

WhiteTim
1 minute ago, ¡Jenn! said:

I don't see it as being close minded. If you're getting bored of your current music, then sure, go explore. But I don't see why you have to branch out just because someone says you should, you know. As for new music, it's not going to go away so you wouldn't be missing out (and if you haven't heard it then you don't know you're missing out anyway so it's fine!)

I should branch out cause just listening to the same old stuff just because it’s what I’m used to is a bit close minded I should give new artists a chance instead of just blowing it off without listening or just listening to snippets 

Billie Hoe

Tim, enjoying your music and not feeling like exploring more music isn't closed minded and it's certainly not a bad thing. You listen to what sounds pleasant to your ears and forcing yourself to do explore more because people say you should is silly. If you want to do it go ahead but don't let anyone guilt you into doing it, do it on your own terms :)

Hermione

Yeah if you want to push yourself to explore new music more it's cool but there's nothing wrong with not doing it either. I just listen to whatever I want whether it's the same thing/old or not, when it comes to listening to music everyone should do what they want.

• Like 1

J-Remy

R.I.P. to Mac Miller. Way too young.

• Like 1

WhiteTim
Just now, J-Remy said:

R.I.P. to Mac Miller. Way too young.

Yeah shocked when I saw the TMZ post 

really grew as an artist as well... I met him when he came to Houston he had a in store at my friends clothing store I wanna say 2010? 2011? I know it was after Kids but before the real album came out he was cool made sure he talked to every one that was there took pics with everyone that asked signed etc 

• Like 1

Eric
Spoiler

Drogas Wave is my album of the year for Hip Hop/Rap for sure! :D 

• Like 1

Eric

Looking back at that post from this morning I can't believe I left out