Hermione

Rap

Hermione

New rap thread for all your rap needs. An amazing new Kendrick video to start it off

• Like 2

Trotsky

Was listening to Immortal Technique yesterday. Inspiring shit

Also Lowkey

Göta

I'm generally not the biggest fan of rap but we have this Norwegian rap/hiphop duo called Karpe Diem whom I absolutely love to pieces.

They sing a lot about culture, racism, hope and success and I'm gonna share a couple of videos even though it probably sounds weird to you considering it's all Norwegian. 

"Squares"

"White men pushing fifty"

Z J

New Pro Era out yesterday + Future mixtape means a wonderful Sunday for me

Hermione
8 hours ago, Trotsky said:

Was listening to Immortal Technique yesterday. Inspiring shit

Oh wow I haven't listened to that for ages, love his stuff from that time! Always liked this one

5 hours ago, Göta said:

I'm generally not the biggest fan of rap but we have this Norwegian rap/hiphop duo called Karpe Diem whom I absolutely love to pieces.

They sing a lot about culture, racism, hope and success and I'm gonna share a couple of videos even though it probably sounds weird to you considering it's all Norwegian. 

"Squares"

"White men pushing fifty"

Always interesting to hear rap in another language, first I've heard in Norwegian! Sounds pretty cool.

• Like 1

The Great Saiyaman

Would genres like rap rock/rap metal/nu metal be allowed here?

• Like 1

Iva

Eric
12 hours ago, Hermione said:

New rap thread for all your rap needs. An amazing new Kendrick video to start it off

Have you seen all the videos from To Pimp a Butterfly that were released so far?

His videos were the only videos I watched last year. Kendrick puts a lot of work into what he does and if you haven't watched or listen to everything he has put out, I recommend so! :D

Hermione
3 minutes ago, Eric said:

Have you seen all the videos from To Pimp a Butterfly that were released so far?

His videos were the only videos I watched last year. Kendrick puts a lot of work into what he does and if you haven't watched or listen to everything he has put out, I recommend so! :D

I've been doing that all this week :lol:, took a while to look into him properly but I'm becoming obsessed. His music and videos are works of art, he's brilliant.

2 hours ago, tacobellfan456 said:

Would genres like rap rock/rap metal/nu metal be allowed here?

Yeah sure, anything with rap is welcome.

Z J

Kanye and Kendrick with their first song ever together :wub:

• Like 2

Eric
3 hours ago, Z J said:

Kanye and Kendrick with their first song ever together :wub:

I was just trying to post this a few minutes ago,but then I got an error and said fuck it. :lol: If this Kanye we getting for SWISH, i'm excited! :woot: 

• Like 1

Eric

Just curious on what the rap fans from GDC's opinion is on part 2 of White Priviledge.

WhiteTim

Watched Straight Outta Compton finally Tuesday got the blu-ray and watched the extended cut I'll have to watch the theater cause I don't know how the could go without the 20 extra mins the extended had 

good movie but a lot inaccuracies I wish Dre and Cube wasn't involved with the movie at all they changed shit so well 

also the Pac scenes jeez 

overwll decent movie 

Siddharth_471

Check out "Papercut" by Linkin Park! Simply awesome :) 

Hermione
On 1/24/2016 at 4:06 AM, WhiteTim said:

Watched Straight Outta Compton finally Tuesday got the blu-ray and watched the extended cut I'll have to watch the theater cause I don't know how the could go without the 20 extra mins the extended had 

good movie but a lot inaccuracies I wish Dre and Cube wasn't involved with the movie at all they changed shit so well 

also the Pac scenes jeez 

overwll decent movie 

Yeah apparently the extended cut is better. I saw the shorter version in the cinema and it was great but it did seem like there should've been more of certain things shown, from what I've heard the extended cut fills in a lot of what was lacking so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I agree about Dre and Cube, but despite the inaccuracy of them being portrayed like saints and Ren being ignored (partly understandable since outside the music his story isn't as interesting but he certainly shouldn't have been shown like he was a background member of the group when in reality he wrote more NWA lyrics than any other member and was equally at the forefront of the group in songs, performances, interviews etc with the others) it really is a good film. It's a celebration of the music and the acting is excellent.

Actually since I saw the film last autumn I couldn't stop listening to NWA and its members and old west coast rap in general for a long time. Only recently got back to Dre's Compton album which had grown on me massively, it's so different to his older stuff but great in a different way, dark, modern and complex. That's what led me to Kendrick Lamar, his guest spots on there are incredible and turned out pretty much everything he does is as well! Is it possible not to love this?

Eric

Kanye West's Swish coming soon! 2/11/16 :runaround:

WhiteTim
2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah apparently the extended cut is better. I saw the shorter version in the cinema and it was great but it did seem like there should've been more of certain things shown, from what I've heard the extended cut fills in a lot of what was lacking so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I agree about Dre and Cube, but despite the inaccuracy of them being portrayed like saints and Ren being ignored (partly understandable since outside the music his story isn't as interesting but he certainly shouldn't have been shown like he was a background member of the group when in reality he wrote more NWA lyrics than any other member and was equally at the forefront of the group in songs, performances, interviews etc with the others) it really is a good film. It's a celebration of the music and the acting is excellent.

Actually since I saw the film last autumn I couldn't stop listening to NWA and its members and old west coast rap in general for a long time. Only recently got back to Dre's Compton album which had grown on me massively, it's so different to his older stuff but great in a different way, dark, modern and complex. That's what led me to Kendrick Lamar, his guest spots on there are incredible and turned out pretty much everything he does is as well! Is it possible not to love this?

Cube wrote the majority of SoC album which is their biggest album and i think because Ren was never really known by mainstream people ask who NWA is to majority of casual listeners they'd day Dre Cube and E so i think thats why it was set up that way Ren's story is interesting him and E were the real gangbangers of the group (Ren is still supposedly active in that life so maybe thats why they didn't touch on Ren that much) but its a very good movie 

WhiteTim

Still one of my favorite videos 

http://youtu.be/WG3qnNkmqvU

Eric

Kanye West changed the title from Swish to Waves! and there is one more song added to the end for 11 songs now. Thought I would keep the Rap thread updated on this album he calls the best album of all time! :lol: 

• Like 1

Hermione

Might not be the best album of all time but it's definitely going to be interesting :lol: 

Grubby Poop

Well the only other future album I can think of that I'm more excited for is a new GD one.  So Kanye will have to do for awhile.   

Eric
12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Might not be the best album of all time but it's definitely going to be interesting :lol: 

If he sounds anything like College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Kanye, it will be pretty epic. The first two songs from it sound pretty good so yeah , I am excited. :D 

WhiteTim

Kanye went at it with Wiz on Twitter but went way too far brought up Wiz's kids in the shit Attack the adult don't attack a two year old thats a bitch move fuck Ye 

Eric

Forest Hills Drive Live album out now! Give it a play! :D

badwolf

I'm like incredibly late on To Pimp A Butterfly, but it's fucking amazing and I can't stop listening to it. Kendrick is honestly the greatest thing ever to me right now lol.

• Like 1