what's a 1,000 blue vinyl worth

FredBklyn

Hi all,

I'm really just curious. I started listening to Green Day way back when, and when I was cleaning out my records, getting ready for a move, I found my old copy of 1,000 hours on blue vinyl with the Laytonville address and all. I looked it up on ebay, but don't really believe the price it's listed for. What does something like this go for these days?

Thanks,

Fred

I don't know what they go for these days (possibly less) but they definitely used to go for crazy prices a few years back, like $150+. One of my friends paid £200 (around $250) for a purple one and as far as I know the blue is equally valuable. Definitely worth trying to get a lot out of it! You can always reduce the price if it doesn't sell the first time around.

Also it's worth posting your eBay link or just asking about it on Green Day Discography, that's where a lot of that stuff ends up going.

An item is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $10000, the item is worth $10000

- Steven Seagull

28 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

An item is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $10000, the item is worth $10000

- Steven Seagull

This

I'd say list it for $170. The greens go for a median of $90 and the purples go for a median of $260 on discogs, so it's hard to tell. I think $170 is a good in between number. 

Thanks for the advice. I have to say that's some pretty crazy prices for a punk rock record. But it'd pay for the gasket repair on my car I had to get done today, so there's that.

Archived