924 Gilman Dookie Benefit - Fox Theater Tribute Show Feb. 19

corbygordo

PLEASE SHARE AND REPOST!

Hello punks and supporters of punk around the world! 924 Gilman is now an official non-profit and has launched it's first large scale fundraising campaign in cooperation with UnderCover!

The campaign will culminate with a show at The Fox Theater - Oakland on February 19th, 2016 where 14 local bands will be performing a tribute to Green Day's classic album, Dookie - all in an effort to raise money to secure a permanent space for the club and expand programming without the gloom of rent hovering above the club's head!

By donating to this campaign, you can secure advance tickets, awesome exclusive t-shirts, band packages, dinner cooked for you by La Plebe... and even go on an East Bay punk history bike tour with Corbett Redford (director of Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk) and one of the co-founders of Gilman, Kamala Parks! And those are only some of the great items available to donors!

You can donate to the campaign at the link below! Thanks for your support!

http://igg.me/at/helpgilman2015/x

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks for posting! I'll move this to Green Day Chat. We had a thread about the "listening party" that was a part of this, don't think anyone from here went to that one but this show sounds very cool! Here's the post about the show on greenday.com:

http://www.greenday.com/news/undercover-presents-tribute-green-day-s-dookie-7237151

If you go to this show,please come back with some videos and photos especially "all by myself" and please upload them on youtube.i'm more than 2000 light years away but somehow i'm really excited.i wanna see how they do it.

4 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

If you go to this show,please come back with some videos and photos especially "all by myself" and please upload them on youtube.i'm more than 2000 light years away but somehow i'm really excited.i wanna see how they do it.

I'm guessing they probably won't do All By Myself- there are only 14 bands. Tilt's playing F.O.D. I believe, so they might do it, but I doubt it. Similar to how Green Day didn't perform it when they did the "full album" live. 

2 hours ago, Todd said:

I'm guessing they probably won't do All By Myself- there are only 14 bands. Tilt's playing F.O.D. I believe, so they might do it, but I doubt it. Similar to how Green Day didn't perform it when they did the "full album" live. 

I asked it on facebook and one guy said they are gonna sing it all together with audience.I actually want to see some footage from the event regardless of the song.It seems like a cool organization.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought from Ticketmaster.  I should have shelled out for the Gilman Ally ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll try and make it, but driving up 880 on a weeknight is a nightmare. I wish it was on a Saturday. Oh well... It's for a good cause.

1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

What do you mean? :mellow:

they are recording Sassafras Roots for gilman event. I forgot guy's name but he is arabian or smt so he sings the song in his way  and language. 

2 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

they are recording Sassafras Roots for gilman event. I forgot guy's name but he is arabian or smt so he sings the song in his way  and language. 

Ah okay, it's totally unrecognizable.... :lol: But all the covers seem sooooo cool, it's got me really excited! And if they have snippets it means that they will put out an album most likely :D I'd really love to go to this.

2 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

I can't hear it now but your descripion sounds incredible. 

They are already putting out a cd of the tracks, it is a limited run (currently 75 copies) available from the fundraiser site. Not sure if it will also be a digital general release, would make sense though, especially for continued fundraising. 

17 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

They are already putting out a cd of the tracks, it is a limited run (currently 75 copies) available from the fundraiser site. Not sure if it will also be a digital general release, would make sense though, especially for continued fundraising. 

Thanks again, I hadn't seen that. It's $25 but shipping is only $5 so not too bad after all... 

11 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can't hear it now but your descripion sounds incredible. 

He makes the song unrecognizable. it's impossible to guess he is singing sassafras roots . it is incredible

Archived