Merry Christmas! Here's a new Green Day song

AlissaGoesRAWR

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Billie is still into that vocal filter.

This is honestly pretty trash. Boring melody and the lyrics are all holiday buzzwords. It's like Billie just through together a bunch of Christmas-related words.

i dont think its meant to be taken too seriously but its nice to hear something new. Not keen on the vocal filter haha, solos nice though

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

This is honestly pretty trash. Boring melody and the lyrics are all holiday buzzwords. It's like Billie just through together a bunch of Christmas-related 

Chill out bro. It's a simple song for the holidays. It's not meant to be some a revolutionary breakdown of society. 

Just now, Andres said:

Chill out bro. It's a simple song for the holidays. It's not meant to be some a revolutionary breakdown of society. 

Still, they haven't made a Christmas song their entire career. I'd expect more than this; they're certainly capable of it. Even Blink-182's Christmas songs have been better than this.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Still, they haven't made a Christmas song their entire career. I'd expect more than this; they're certainly capable of it. Even Blink-182's Christmas songs have been better than this.

Just enjoy it for what it is, or don't bother. Your expectations are meaningless.

Just now, Andres said:

Just enjoy it for what it is, or don't bother. Your expectations are meaningless.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread to talk about the new song, not only for people who adore it.

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah, I was a little put off by the amount of filters too. I don't get why he is so obsessed with those. But it's not like this is meant to be some groundbreaking song; they're probably just dicking around (while hopefully beginning the recording process for a new album).

I'm pretty happy with how the guitars sound, though. 

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, I was a little put off by the amount of filters too. I don't get why he is so obsessed with those. But it's not like this is meant to be some groundbreaking song; they're probably just dicking around (while hopefully beginning the recording process for a new album).

The vocal filter works for some things. AI used vocal filter, but it didn't sound that way because of how it was produced/mixed(?). It's just getting out of hand.

Just now, Andres said:

you're right. I'm calling everyone on GDC to stop thrashing and just enjoy. good or bad. the real fact is this is new.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread to talk about the new song, not only for people who adore it.

You're forgiven. 

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

hey! blink-182's songs were halarious! i play them on christmas all the time!

I'm more bothered by the vocal effects than the lyrics. It's a bit hard to hear what he's saying in the latter half of the song.

But the song sounds great, although I am getting tired of that same god damn solo in every song.

Great :) MMerry Xmas everyone! Yeah it's not the greatest tune, but it's a nice gesture :) And i think it's potentially a marketing idea for the new album, the spotlight is on them now

Saw that on Facebook. Great song!!! :runaround:Green Day is alive, the solo omg, omg, omg!!!

This is the opening track of their new Christmas album which comes out tomorrow. I believe they're only making one copy and Martin Shkreli has already bought it. 

Just now, Andres said:

This is the opening track of their new Christmas album which comes out tomorrow. I believe they're only making one copy and Martin Shkreli has already bought it. 

And then will have to return as a part of the investigation. 

2 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

And i think it's potentially a marketing idea for the new album, the spotlight is on them now

The spotlight is not on them from this unknown Christmas song.

Didn't they supposedly recorded a Christmas album isn't that what John once said?

Billies vocals sounds like it's from the AI/21st period 

Archived