Billie Joe and Mike are launching a coffee company

Sanity Loan

3 minutes ago, Penguin Puffball said:

If this becomes a chain and one opens up near me, I will literally spend my whole paycheck there. I developed an unhealthy addiction to coffee after I stopped drinking, and this sounds perfect for me.

I was surprised to learn they don’t actually have any physical stores, not even in Oakland. They sell the coffee at Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe, Costco, Whole Foods and online. I guess it’s a tough space to compete in with coffee shops. I’d like to see it in every Whole Foods though, it’s only in a few major markets.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I was surprised to learn they don’t actually have any physical stores, not even in Oakland. They sell the coffee at Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe, Costco, Whole Foods and online. I guess it’s a tough space to compete in with coffee shops. I’d like to see it in every Whole Foods though, it’s only in a few major markets.

I don't think we have any of those stores around me :( I could always buy online; I'd have to buy in bulk though.

The closest store that sells it near me is near Cleveland, about two hours away. I’m pretty sure that’s the only one in Ohio that has it, too. I wish the Whole Foods down the street would get it! I hate paying shipping but I love the coffee!

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, desertrose said:

While you weren't looking, the members of Green Day quietly founded an organic, fair-trade coffee company — and it's taking sustainability to a new level

https://www.businessinsider.com/green-day-oakland-coffee-company-compostable-fair-trade-review-2018-6

This was posted already on the previous page (July 1)

• 3 months later...
Just now, maryjanewhatsername said:

So is this going to be available outside of California?? That would be amazing.

You can buy it online

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

You can buy it online

Now I know where my next paycheck is going.

• 10 months later...

https://store.greenday.com/oakland-coffee-x-father-of-all-coffee-bundle.html?

oc_foa_bundle.png

Father of All... Instant Single Download

Father of All... Digital Download

Father of All Coffee Blend

Father of All Coffee Mug

https://store.greenday.com/father-of-all/father-of-all-coffee-mug.html

oc_foa_mug_front_1.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I love how they're boosting the album sales with throwing the album together with merch :P

It’s smart they get a download and/or sale with every merch sale if you want the other stuff. 

• Like 2

I’m a bit out of the loop, but are the guys starting yet another beverage company? I heard something about coke?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red Lights Flash said:

I’m a bit out of the loop, but are the guys starting yet another beverage company? I heard something about coke?

I'm afraid that was the kind of coke that doesn't come in liquid form :lol:

• Haha 3

Omg I could've just gotten the mug??? Geez I was so excited when I saw the bundle I just went for that :lol: ooops. Well, I said I wanted to get some more Oakland coffee anyway. Green Day always finds a way to get my money even though I didn't buy a ticket to Hella Mega :P

• Haha 2

On 9/30/2019 at 6:11 PM, kaylubd said:

Omg I could've just gotten the mug??? Geez I was so excited when I saw the bundle I just went for that :lol: ooops. Well, I said I wanted to get some more Oakland coffee anyway. Green Day always finds a way to get my money even though I didn't buy a ticket to Hella Mega :P

Same here, except I held out for just getting the coffee since I already pre-ordered the explicit cover vinyl bundle and I already have my own Green Day mug I enjoy my Oakland Coffee in. And yeah, isn't it always that way - how the band keeps giving us new quality products to shell out the dough for? Haha

• Haha 1

I love that mug though. I’m glad I held out and never bought the plain Oakland Coffee one. Now I wish I didn’t have to wait until February to get it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love that mug though. I’m glad I held out and never bought the plain Oakland Coffee one. Now I wish I didn’t have to wait until February to get it

I’m debating if I should preorder it or wait until closer to February and buy it for myself as a birthday gift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

I’m debating if I should preorder it or wait until closer to February and buy it for myself as a birthday gift. 

It can still be a birthday gift but at least if you pre-order you can be sure to get one when they release it in case it sells out or is backordered. I don’t know if they are making a limited number of these.

• Like 1