Billie Joe and Mike are launching a coffee company

Sanity Loan

I am sipping a steaming hot cup of Oakland Coffee as I type this.  It is robust without a hint of bitterness.  I will use sugar in coffee, but will not use it if the coffee is really good.  I did not need any sugar for this coffee.  It is really, really good.  Oakland Coffee gets an A+.  The compostable bag gets an F.  It split in transit.  I had to fish my coffee beans out of the bottom of a cardboard box.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JJ1964 said:

I am sipping a steaming hot cup of Oakland Coffee as I type this.  It is robust without a hint of bitterness.  I will use sugar in coffee, but will not use it if the coffee is really good.  I did not need any sugar for this coffee.  It is really, really good.  Oakland Coffee gets an A+.  The compostable bag gets an F.  It split in transit.  I had to fish my coffee beans out of the bottom of a cardboard box.  

You should maybe complain to the company about that. That really shouldn't happen.

No shipping outside the US :( sad Aussie barista is sad. Hopefully they'll bring out some interesting single origins and open up their shipping worldwide.

19 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Awesome! You should complain about the bag and demand that Billie and Mike send you some free coffee as compensation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Like a good business, they are sending me a new bag.  

Did you complain or did they ask for feedback? Just curious...

8 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Did you complain or did they ask for feedback? Just curious...

I didn't complain.  I told them that the coffee was great and I would be ordering again.  Then I told them that the bag ripped in transit so they might want to include packing material or a smaller box.  You could fit two bags in the box they used with no packing material so it was tossed around in transit.  They emailed me back, thanked me for the kind words on the taste of the coffee and said they would ship me a new one.

• Like 3

Really gotta try this coffee. But I'm one of the cheapest people I know. Couldn't part with 13 dollars haha.

I ordered two bags of this stuff and a T shirt yesterday. Excited to try it.

BTW guys, they currently have free shipping on orders $30 or more

• Like 1

We Got the Dirnt on Oakland Coffee Works

“Oakland Coffee Works is a team of people and we are all super proud of what we are doing,” Green Day bassist and OCW Cofounder Mike Dirnt told Daily Coffee News via email. “Billie Joe and I love being involved, but this is something bigger than just the two of us.”

Here’s a bit more from our email conversation.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2016/01/14/we-got-the-dirnt-on-oakland-coffee-works/

OaklandCoffeeBag-620x349.jpg

So I''ve had my coffee for a few days and I've made a couple of pots of it and I'm gonna say that the packaging is A+. Completely air tight until you open it, which you have to do by cutting the actual bag. When I opened it it smelled wonderful and I could really see what the description meant when it said it had "chocolaty undertones". I like a good dark roast and this simply isn't one. :( This is a medium roast but it is quite robust. I'm not sure I will be repurchasing but I would be very excited if they came out with a dark roast later on.

Is it worth the money? Unless you really really REALLY care about the compostable bag, then not really. It's a good quality coffee, but I have to say that it is EXTREMELY similar to Starbucks House Blend, which is quite a bit cheaper per ounce. My speculations are that this is because the coffee beans are grown in the same region.

However, I sure am going to enjoy this coffee that I payed way too much for. Only for  Green Day. :lol:

• Like 2

Now they have got something that will be available in Wal-Mart.

*21st Century Takedown*

Edited by Siddharth_471

On 22.01.2016 at 8:24 PM, Siddharth_471 said:

Now they have got something that will be available in Wal-Mart.

*21st Century Takedown*

Not really, since it's small-batch and organic and stuff.