Billie Joe and Mike are launching a coffee company

Sanity Loan

19 hours ago, Matt. said:

Billie Joe and Mike Dirnt are getting ready to launch a new organic coffee bean roasting company, Oakland Coffee Works.

Read about it: http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5174/

The most exciting thing about this:   Remember when there was a rumor about an album called "Coffee and Repent"?   Yeah.  

Green Day and Coffee are both way up there on things that I enjoy.  But somehow the combination leaves me with a strange feeling.  

This feeling can only be described as

"STOP MAKING WHAT IS PROBABLY AWESOME COFFEE AND PLAY SOME ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm willing to pay more for coffee and enjoy a cup of something that doesn't taste like tar but this could never pay off bc of the shipping. There's a lot of local coffee/tea shops that offer fair trade coffee for similar prices. I can see this would come in handy if I lived closer to them and in a less hipstery area. :P

• Like 1

Didn't  Mike make mention of this a few months ago? Wonder if Billie was an add-on investor?

Will definitely order. If the taste is strong enough for me I might make it a regular habit.

To paying via PayPal, this will be the 4th site I've seen this holiday season that is doing it that way.

12 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Origin of the idea is probably from the Pop Disaster Tour.

Aw, Mike Dirnt walking around my old home town is always fun to see. Sad to say that there still are no coffee shops in that part of town. Just a Taco Bell, Harbor Freight, Black Angus, 24 Hour Fitness Center and a pizza/arcade type place.

I'm seriously about to spend $50 on a T shirt and two bags of coffee. Only Green Day...

5 hours ago, amberwhite said:

But why didn't they name it " 409 Roasting" ???

That's actually a good point. Then, if you bought it and made a cup, you could have said you have 409 in your coffeemaker. 1039 puns never die.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, amberwhite said:

But why didn't they name it " 409 Roasting" ???

Implying that their coffee contains household cleaning product might not have been such a good marketing idea :P 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Implying that their coffee contains household cleaning product might not have been such a good marketing idea :P 

Yeah, it would probably scare off the majority of non Green Day fans. :lol:

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

But it's such a good inside joke:mad:

I will totally try out this coffee and no matter how delicious it is I have to tell myself I can only afford it to be shipped to me once a year.

• Like 1

Just heard on the radio, "if you ever wondered what Green Day coffee would taste you can now find out at Oakland Coffee."

I just got an email that my coffee is being delivered today.  Since today is going to be a high of 10 F  (-12C) with howling winds I can use a good cup.  

• Like 1