Billie Joe and Mike are launching a coffee company

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

Everytime I see this thread from the home page it shows "Billie Joe and Mike are la..." I just extrapolate it to Billie Joe and Mike are lazy. 

Lazy Bones, they ain't.   Haha. 

If I don't get coffee soon, I may need a new addiction!    But then again, going thirsty for this Father of All Dark Roast is part of my Green Day addiction so I don't know.    Not giving up Green Day for anybody.  :)

Currently listening to Warning, Shenanigans and Back in the USA......I started with Homecoming.   Played the entirety of Warning on guitar somewhere between those.  

• Like 1

Got mine on Saturday, and promptly brought it in to my workplace later that night so I can now start making my coffee at work (I start work at 6am so I gotta hop in the shower by 5, and from there I have no time to waste). Just brewed a cup, and it is legitimately DARK. So dark that it almost feels one-note, unlike my favorite blend of theirs Cerro De Oro which is more balanced and has a bit of a nutty flavor to it. Not that I don't like it, though -- it's a good dark flavor, just aggressively dark which I wasn't expecting and I guess was their aim with this blend.

My stuff is in the city but it's a postal holiday so I won't get it till tomorrow...and of course by the time it gets here I can't really have coffee during the week 😑😤

Just got an email from them that didn't really explain anything.   They just told me it's still processing and I could cancel if I wanted to.   

Oh well.   Maybe by the time I get it will be a nice surprise.   :)

I would just bug them again saying my question wasn't answered. Sadly that's the only way I could get a proper response out of them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

They're gonna send you this email until you cancel :P

Starting to think the only way I'm getting this coffee is to pay an exorbitant ammount of money to one of you buttholes on here that already have it.  

Instead of 44 bucks on the official site, I'd have to pay 4000 dollars for this rare item. 

Who are the people that work at these band stores?

I get a starstruck feeling just emailing these places for some reason, even though I know it's not the band.

I had an issue at the Against Me! store where I kept getting the wrong shirt over and over.   Had this really great conversation where I was able to be really corny and say I wouldn't hold it AGAINST Against Me!   (The person said they hoped I wouldn't feel differently toward the band because of the issue).

Are these people friends of the band? Are they just working class heros? 

Could I email them and say "hey - can Billie Joe send me a free Les Paul??"

And would I get that Les Paul before Omega 3000 comes out?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Starting to think the only way I'm getting this coffee is to pay an exorbitant ammount of money to one of you buttholes on here that already have it.  

Instead of 44 bucks on the official site, I'd have to pay 4000 dollars for this rare item. 

You're not a coffee drinker anymore now you are a collector

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I think Warner just has super shit customer service

The question is what happens if the band goes independent? They're gonna outsource it and it's gonna be just as bad or even worse. 

• Like 1

Can anyone comment on the quality and make of the T-Shirt they have? Anything special or just "run of the mill" cotton?

I finally got my stuff yesterday and the coffee smells sooooo good. Too bad I can't have any this week :dry:

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, kaylubd said:

I think Warner just has super shit customer service

Maybe, we think there are all these people behind the scenes, but really it's just Billie Joe panicking and running around trying ship all the orders out by himself!  

That would be hilarious!   Like the record company said "We've paid you millions of dollars.  The least you could do is package all this unicorn shit you designed and get it to your fans."   

BAHAHAAHAHAH

• Haha 4

Most aggrevating online purchase ever!

Ordered on the 8th. 

Just got my tracking on the 22nd. 

Going to arrive on the night of the 27th.

• Sad 2

And another delay.  Now arriving the 28th.  

If I'm home when it gets there, the delivery guy will be met at the driveway.

I will have coffee pot in hand.  

Just about every day I've been enjoying Father of All Dark Roasts. I like it! Death Wish is still my favorite, but this one is good too. I may have to treat myself to another Oakland Coffee blend once this is done. And, I fucking love the Horny mug. I've been using it every day! Can we get some Oakland Coffee shirts with Horny enjoying some coffee on them? I'd definitely get one!

• Like 2

19 days after ordering, my coffee and mug have arrived!

The mug is cooler than all my other mugs from vacations and such.

First thing in the morning I will brew a cup and see how it is, but I can tell by the smell.  It's going to rock!  

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, Squashie said:

More details about the NFM Oakland Coffee special issue:

bcb51cc124e254dad52f35c6329d2bebe6ccbf51

799b73ed0acf223e062353c0212a64128283869a

Insta link:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvfZ7fjZTS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hi friends - I wanted to order the bundle as the 7" is of course of interest, but the postage over to the UK almost doubles the price of the bundle :( 

Would anyone be willing to help me in obtaining the vinyl? I'd be happy to reimburse the cost price (its listed as $19 on the website) and play the postage. I really can't justify nearly £100 for the bundle especially when I don't even drink coffee! I was willing to give OC grounds a go mind, but not for that cost. Thanks in advance, hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying all the records released this year!

• Like 1