Fuzz

Random Thoughts

Penguin Puffball
15 minutes ago, Emilie. said:

that's how I like to think of it :P

Great thing is I did a ton of extra shifts this past month. So now I have all of next week off and I don't have to feel bad about it.

I can't remember what it's like to not have to work extra shifts :P Good thing is, I'll be working night shift soon (10pm-6:30am), so I won't be bothered about coming in on my days off. Gonna make that cash.

Edit: On another note, it seems that celebrities are now dying this year on or near the age of 69. David Gilmour is 69. Aw hail naw.

PursuitOfEpicness
8 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

These exist? :huh:

Me either, drinking doesn't appeal to me at all.

Penguin Puffball

I can attend EMT courses from May to August! Just gotta make one little phone call and I'll be on my way to a brand new career! :woot: 

PursuitOfEpicness
11 minutes ago, Penguin Puffball said:

I can attend EMT courses from May to August! Just gotta make one little phone call and I'll be on my way to a brand new career! :woot: 

oh sweet, did your career suck ass before?

Penguin Puffball
2 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

oh sweet, did your career suck ass before?

I'm currently a nursing assistant at a retirement home, and I don't feel like I'm really doing any good there. I help feed and bathe people, and make sure their briefs are dry and clean, and report any changes in behaviour, etc. But I don't feel like I'm of much use there in that job. I know being an EMT isn't going to be much better; I'll still be unappreciated, I'll still get flack from unhappy family members, etc. But at least I'll be actively saving lives, and not just sitting back and calling the nurse and letting them do all the work. A lot of what I do now is wiping ass; that's the majority of my job. And it's not fulfilling. I know the world needs CNAs, or else the entire healthcare system would fall to smithereens, but I don't feel like I'm working to my full potential there.

PursuitOfEpicness
Just now, Penguin Puffball said:

I'm currently a nursing assistant at a retirement home, and I don't feel like I'm really doing any good there. I help feed and bathe people, and make sure their briefs are dry and clean, and report any changes in behaviour, etc. But I don't feel like I'm of much use there in that job. I know being an EMT isn't going to be much better; I'll still be unappreciated, I'll still get flack from unhappy family members, etc. But at least I'll be actively saving lives, and not just sitting back and calling the nurse and letting them do all the work. A lot of what I do now is wiping ass; that's the majority of my job. And it's not fulfilling. I know the world needs CNAs, or else the entire healthcare system would fall to smithereens, but I don't feel like I'm working to my full potential there.

All I had to read was the first sentence and I understood immediately, that is one of the hardest jobs people talk about. But being an EMT seems dope af. Good for you. I completely understand the value of a job is important, I hate minimum wage jobs just for the sole fact that i feel so unimportant and useless. 

Penguin Puffball
12 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

All I had to read was the first sentence and I understood immediately, that is one of the hardest jobs people talk about. But being an EMT seems dope af. Good for you. I completely understand the value of a job is important, I hate minimum wage jobs just for the sole fact that i feel so unimportant and useless. 

I mean, just today alone, I had one resident call me and my coworkers whores and said "we just sit on our asses all goddamn day", had one resident who was upset because he wanted to go to bed and threw his hot soup all over me, had one resident try to scratch the balls out of me because I was changing her brief and she's unable to understand what I'm doing (poor thing, I pray for her daily), and had another few residents who were trying to communicate with me, but I couldn't hear or understand what they were trying to say. That kills me. Nothing has ever made me feel more happy for doing this job than when family members send us cards and whatnot, thanking us for our service. Usually that only happens after a resident passes away, but it's still much appreciated. On New Year's Eve, one of our passed residents' family sent all of us a few pizzas, a bigass bag of chips, and a couple of sodas for our shift. We were elated. We ate like kings that night. :lol: 

Recently I was at PetSmart, and an employee struck up a conversation with my partner and I, and he told her I was a CNA. She actually shook my hand and thanked me for doing the work that I do. It was very humbling, and reminded me why I started doing this to begin with.

Edit: Also, minimum wage jobs are just as useful as any other job. I don't know what area you work in, but jobs like retail jobs, food service jobs, etc. are just as useful as doctors and lawyers. Where would we be if we didn't have people who worked minimum wage jobs? We'd be falling apart in the US.

• Like 1

PursuitOfEpicness
1 hour ago, Penguin Puffball said:

I mean, just today alone, I had one resident call me and my coworkers whores and said "we just sit on our asses all goddamn day", had one resident who was upset because he wanted to go to bed and threw his hot soup all over me, had one resident try to scratch the balls out of me because I was changing her brief and she's unable to understand what I'm doing (poor thing, I pray for her daily), and had another few residents who were trying to communicate with me, but I couldn't hear or understand what they were trying to say. That kills me. Nothing has ever made me feel more happy for doing this job than when family members send us cards and whatnot, thanking us for our service. Usually that only happens after a resident passes away, but it's still much appreciated. On New Year's Eve, one of our passed residents' family sent all of us a few pizzas, a bigass bag of chips, and a couple of sodas for our shift. We were elated. We ate like kings that night. :lol: 

Recently I was at PetSmart, and an employee struck up a conversation with my partner and I, and he told her I was a CNA. She actually shook my hand and thanked me for doing the work that I do. It was very humbling, and reminded me why I started doing this to begin with.

Edit: Also, minimum wage jobs are just as useful as any other job. I don't know what area you work in, but jobs like retail jobs, food service jobs, etc. are just as useful as doctors and lawyers. Where would we be if we didn't have people who worked minimum wage jobs? We'd be falling apart in the US.

Yeah its gotta be tough. But I'm in college, I worked at McDonald's and then I worked in retail. Now I have an on campus job but i still need one back home for the summer.

Steven Seagull
4 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

Yeah its gotta be tough. But I'm in college, I worked at McDonald's and then I worked in retail. Now I have an on campus job but i still need one back home for the summer.

This reminded me of Blood bath at burger king :lol:

• Like 1

PursuitOfEpicness
11 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

This reminded me of Blood bath at burger king :lol:

i really felt that song on an emotional level when i worked at mcdonalds 

Libertine Angel

BOB DYLAN COVERED HOTLINE BLING AND IT'S AMAZING.

• Like 1

rootbeersoup
2 hours ago, Darth Seditus said:

BOB DYLAN COVERED HOTLINE BLING AND IT'S AMAZING.

Do you seriously believe that's Bob Dylan?

Kay will be sad she missed this

Libertine Angel
Just now, rootbeersoup said:

Do you seriously believe that's Bob Dylan? Kay will be sad she missed this

No, Dylan wouldn't subject himself to Hotline Bling. It's a bloody good impression though.

Beerjeezus

Is anyone doing the GDC Facebook page or was it chucked? 

She_92

I hate so much those papers to fill with datas full of useless questions. 

Steven Seagull

Scott Pilgrim vs the world is the most retarded film I've ever seen. Fuck you imdb you liar!

lizziebix
21 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Scott Pilgrim vs the world is the most outstanding film I've ever seen. Thank you imdb you're awesome!

Fixed that for you. 

• Like 3

Steven Seagull
7 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Fixed that for you. 

You are crazy if you really think so. This film is horrible. 

WhiteTim
Just now, Steven Seagull said:

You are crazy if you really think so. This film is horrible. 

you lost all creditability on movies when you said the prequel trilogy were better than the original trilogy 

Steven Seagull
6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

you lost all creditability on movies when you said the prequel trilogy were better than the original trilogy 

Star Wars? Well that's not even a discussion. The prequels are better in pretty much everything.

WhiteTim
8 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Star Wars? Well that's not even a discussion. The prequels are better in pretty much everything.

see you've lost ALL creditability by saying that...

The Great Saiyaman
1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

But they have Jar Jar! Everyone loves Jar Jar!

Steven Seagull
3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

If you say so.

Anyways this Scott Pilgrim film is still dog shit.

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

xgzab.jpg

Emilie

all these famous deaths recently have me on edge. Bowie and Rickman, and the shitload from last week. I got on facebook today and Betty White's name was trending, and I damn near had a heart attack