Fuzz

Random Thoughts

Beerjeezus
13 minutes ago, Darth Seditus said:

Just got tickets for the annual Physics Society Ball, 24th March. Apparently they're always fun, so I'm looking forward to that, though on the other hand a lot of accounts tell of everyone getting pissed and as a person who doesn't like wine I may be missing out there.

Spoiler

sorry i had to

sheldon-cooper-no-pants_500x434.jpg 

Have fun - it's ok if you don't drink. You can always leave when everyone gets too pissed :D I doubt you'll be the only one who won't go crazy with the wine. 

My computer thinks I'm gay/i threw that piece of junk away. I thought this was just my funny mishearing but apparently it's what Placebo sing. :/

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Hidden Content

Have fun - it's ok if you don't drink. You can always leave when everyone gets too pissed :D

Apparently that's what a lot of the lecturers end up like, or near enough to :P

True, though I'm kind of hoping to find a floor or something to sleep on so I don't have to try and get home in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
17 minutes ago, Darth Seditus said:

Apparently that's what a lot of the lecturers end up like, or near enough to :P

True, though I'm kind of hoping to find a floor or something to sleep on so I don't have to try and get home in the middle of the night.

:D Getting home late sucks. Last time I went out I missed the last metro and had to use a tram that goes through the whole town and takes like 2 hours. 

Libertine Angel
2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:D Getting home late sucks. Last time I went out I missed the last metro and had to use a tram that goes through the whole town and takes like 2 hours. 

Two hours, you are spoilt :P It takes at least two hours to get home from uni every day, for me to get home from east London at midnight there's a genuine question as to if it'll actually be possible at all.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, Darth Seditus said:

Two hours, you are spoilt :P It takes at least two hours to get home from uni every day, for me to get home from east London at midnight there's a genuine question as to if it'll actually be possible at all.

No wonder I am - if I took a two hour trip I'd be closer to Germany than my home :D

Maybe you could sleep at some friend's place?

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
7 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

No wonder I am - if I took a two hour trip I'd be closer to Germany than my home :D

Maybe you could sleep at some friend's place?

Yeah, generally when people ask me where I'm from, they then have a look of shock and slight awe when I tell them :P

That's what I'm thinking, but if I have to leave early 'cause everyone else is wasted that can't really happen.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
4 minutes ago, Darth Seditus said:

Yeah, generally when people ask me where I'm from, they then have a look of shock and slight awe when I tell them :P

That's what I'm thinking, but if I have to leave early 'cause everyone else is wasted that can't really happen.

I'd either leave soon enough to catch last train home or just hope someone won't be totally smashed. :ermm:

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'd either leave soon enough to catch last train home or just hope someone won't be totally smashed. :ermm:

Fuck knows when the actual last train home is, they're unreliable to say the least, but there's also the problem of when the buses stop, 'cause I really don't want to then have a 20 minute walk up a fucking massive hill at that time of night, it'd be cold as fuck and carries a fair risk of stabbings.

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball
On 1/10/2016 at 11:22 PM, wood said:

& everyone shits on each other behind each others' back, so yes, very much like a family! <3

Sounds like my family!

~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, what makes hair curly vs straight? Why does my hair get curlier as I get older, but my best friend has had stick-straight hair from day one? These are the important questions.

PursuitOfEpicness
17 hours ago, Penguin Puffball said:

Anyway, what makes hair curly vs straight? Why does my hair get curlier as I get older, but my best friend has had stick-straight hair from day one? These are the important questions.

I guess the go-to answer would be genetics, but as you get older? I don't know that i've ever heard of that. Mine tends to be curlier the shorter it is. When I was a kid my hair was short and i looked like Shirley Temple. But now it's a tamed wave.

Penguin Puffball
6 hours ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

I guess the go-to answer would be genetics, but as you get older? I don't know that i've ever heard of that. Mine tends to be curlier the shorter it is. When I was a kid my hair was short and i looked like Shirley Temple. But now it's a tamed wave.

I've had pixie cuts before, and my hair is straight when it's short. But as I grow out, and as I get older, it's getting more curly. When I was younger my hair was long enough to curl as it would now, but it didn't; it stayed straight, yet relatively poofy. Now I have these tight, spiral curls, and I know they came from my dad's side of the family (dad's side has curly hair; mom's side has stick-straight hair), but I'm not sure why it gets curlier the older I get.

Steven Seagull

Why is my chocolate wrapped twice?

I am not buying this ever again. Why would I want another step between me and the chocolate

AlissaGoesRAWR
On January 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Darth Seditus said:

as a person who doesn't like wine

These exist? :huh:

• Like 1

Steven Seagull
1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

*raises hand

Actually I don't like any kind of alcohol

Libertine Angel
1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yep. Far too vinegary.

Adorkable
12 minutes ago, Darth Seditus said:

Yep. Far too vinegary.

You are actually supposed to drink the wine before it turns to vinegar.  

• Like 2

Libertine Angel
19 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

You are actually supposed to drink the wine before it turns to vinegar.  

I'm pretty sure I did, though I'm hardly an expert :P

Emilie

Well that's a bugger. I booked my driving test for next Monday, and then today my boss gave me a shift at the same time! I never get shifts outside of the weekend. Cancelling the test isn't an option. So now I can either take the easy way and call in sick, or tell them I have a test to go to. Is a test a valid reason? Sure I could've let them know earlier, but I never ever get Monday shifts so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem.

Adorkable
6 minutes ago, Darth Seditus said:

I'm pretty sure I did, though I'm hardly an expert :P

Trust me, if it tasted like vinegar, you did not.  

Libertine Angel
5 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Trust me, if it tasted like vinegar, you did not.  

Not like pure vinegar, just really acidic (and bitter, but that'd be the alcohol).

fukingcounterstrike

This has me looking up different reactions now XD

Penguin Puffball
7 hours ago, Darth Seditus said:

Yep. Far too vinegary.

Chardonnay tastes like vinegar and piss. 0/10 will never buy again.

6 hours ago, Emilie. said:

Well that's a bugger. I booked my driving test for next Monday, and then today my boss gave me a shift at the same time! I never get shifts outside of the weekend. Cancelling the test isn't an option. So now I can either take the easy way and call in sick, or tell them I have a test to go to. Is a test a valid reason? Sure I could've let them know earlier, but I never ever get Monday shifts so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem.

Try to do what I do when I have an appointment at the same time I have a shift: see if you can come in before the test, leave for the test, then come back right after the test and stay later to make up the time missed.

Emilie
2 minutes ago, Penguin Puffball said:

Try to do what I do when I have an appointment at the same time I have a shift: see if you can come in before the test, leave for the test, then come back right after the test and stay later to make up the time missed.

I can't do that :( I'd end up only being at work for an hour and a bit. And we're not allowed to stay late anyway. I just called and since 2 other people are on that morning, they said I can have the shift off

Penguin Puffball
Just now, Emilie. said:

I can't do that :( I'd end up only being at work for an hour and a bit. And we're not allowed to stay late anyway. I just called and since 2 other people are on that morning, they said I can have the shift off

Hell yeah, even better, free day off :lol:

• Like 1

Emilie
Just now, Penguin Puffball said:

Hell yeah, even better, free day off :lol:

that's how I like to think of it :P

Great thing is I did a ton of extra shifts this past month. So now I have all of next week off and I don't have to feel bad about it.