Fuzz

Random Thoughts

WhiteTim

Facebook owns WhatsApp 

solongfromthestars

The phlegm thing is disgusting. It's considered normal (or even unusual not to do it) in Portugal though. I guess people are just less squeamish, but I still hate it.

Also almost every time I Skype my partner I get ads for something we mentioned but I never searched for. I hope Zuckerberg enjoys my partner's awful dad jokes.

Beerjeezus
9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Facebook owns WhatsApp 

Yeah I know that's how it got into my fb adverts. Still it's creepy as fuck.

WhiteTim

So all month long so far I’ve been sick 

from a 13 day bout of gout to where I couldn’t walk then got a stomach bug for 4 days making me throw up to getting over that and getting a kidney stone now 

Emilie

hey so when is the post office gonna get in the 21st century???

I have been trying to drop a parcel off for days but they shut at 5, they don't even take part in late-night like every other shop. And now they're shut Saturday-Tuesday. WTF, even newsagents are more caught up than that

Jirachi

Because of the internet, bands feel way more rushed nowadays to do more albums at a faster rate. For example, Panic! at the Disco released Pray for the Wicked in June 2018. It is currently May 2019 and im already seeing "God its been so long since the last album" "When's the next album? Its been so long" "Ok but whens the next album? Its been almost a year already!". The album is barely 10 months old and people are ALREADY screaming about a new album. Fall Out Boy released American Beauty/American Psycho in 2015. In early 2017, they released Young and Menace and half the comments were "ITS BEEN SO LONG" "FINALLY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" "God the wait between albums was excruciating!" and even now, its been maybe a year since Mania and people are already scrambling to get a new album. Waterparks released Double Dare in 2016 and Entertainment in Jan. 2018, and by september of that year, not even 9 months later, iv'e already heard talk of a new album and the fans constantly "RELEASE THE NEW ALBUM" "RELEASE NEW MUSIC". Its crazy. Like im 23 almost so maybe this'll sound like a "BACK IN MY DAY" thing but i remember when we had a 4-5 year wait between albums in a lot of cases, at the very least a 3 year gap or so most of the time. People are just impatient nowadays i feel and its kinda hurting the industry when most bands do almost yearly releases, it makes the albums more forgettable because by the time you can form an opinion on the record, the next one's already coming out.

• Like 3

Little Boy Named Airplane
18 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Panic! at the Disco released Pray for the Wicked in June 2018. It is currently May 2019 and im already seeing "God its been so long since the last album"

Well they can console themselves with the song '' Me '' by Taylor Swift feat Brandon Urie until the next P!aTD album 😂

• Haha 1

Emilie

Soooo if I dropped my supposedly water resistant iPhone in water how fucked am i really?

It dunked for like a second before I snatched it back out. Wiped it down, turned it off, took the case off. I'm stuck at uni so no way to put it in rice, which I've heard doesn't really help anyway? I also don't have a torch or anything to check for the water damage indicator. Would it be safe to wait til I get home in like 6 hours? Like at this point will waiting to do anything really make a difference?

Khaleesi.

I'm getting real close to 15,000 posts :D (which will be my second time reaching this milestone...) 

• Like 2

Outofmind
On 4/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, WhiteTim said:

Facebook owns WhatsApp 

WhatsApp is also a con artist convention place.    I am really beginning to unfavorite  Facebook, Google, Gmail, etc.... the whole gambit. 

On 4/22/2019 at 3:33 AM, WhiteTim said:

So all month long so far I’ve been sick 

from a 13 day bout of gout to where I couldn’t walk then got a stomach bug for 4 days making me throw up to getting over that and getting a kidney stone now 

I looked up how to dissolve kidney stones.... you may want to look that up also.   What I read involved Apple Cider Vinegar and Water. 

I was gifted the awesome gift of observation of a well known photographer snapping a wonderful picture of a grown man riding in a shopping cart full of stuff at a food store. 

fukingcounterstrike

My pubes remind me of wolverines hair do 

• Haha 1

kaylubd
On 5/6/2019 at 1:07 PM, Jirachi said:

Because of the internet, bands feel way more rushed nowadays to do more albums at a faster rate. For example, Panic! at the Disco released Pray for the Wicked in June 2018. It is currently May 2019 and im already seeing "God its been so long since the last album" "When's the next album? Its been so long" "Ok but whens the next album? Its been almost a year already!". The album is barely 10 months old and people are ALREADY screaming about a new album. Fall Out Boy released American Beauty/American Psycho in 2015. In early 2017, they released Young and Menace and half the comments were "ITS BEEN SO LONG" "FINALLY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" "God the wait between albums was excruciating!" and even now, its been maybe a year since Mania and people are already scrambling to get a new album. Waterparks released Double Dare in 2016 and Entertainment in Jan. 2018, and by september of that year, not even 9 months later, iv'e already heard talk of a new album and the fans constantly "RELEASE THE NEW ALBUM" "RELEASE NEW MUSIC". Its crazy. Like im 23 almost so maybe this'll sound like a "BACK IN MY DAY" thing but i remember when we had a 4-5 year wait between albums in a lot of cases, at the very least a 3 year gap or so most of the time. People are just impatient nowadays i feel and its kinda hurting the industry when most bands do almost yearly releases, it makes the albums more forgettable because by the time you can form an opinion on the record, the next one's already coming out.

Yeah I noticed this too and I totally agree. It makes me think back to when fall out boy released a new album in 2013 I think and people we're like "I SURVIVED THE FALL OUT BOY HIATUS!" Itd only been three years since they released an album. I was like calm the fuck down. Three years is pretty standard between albums. Meanwhile QOTSA were getting ready to release their first album in six or seven years and you didn't see nearly as much exaggeration about it.

• Like 1

WhiteTim
1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

Yeah I noticed this too and I totally agree. It makes me think back to when fall out boy released a new album in 2013 I think and people we're like "I SURVIVED THE FALL OUT BOY HIATUS!" Itd only been three years since they released an album. I was like calm the fuck down. Three years is pretty standard between albums. Meanwhile QOTSA were getting ready to release their first album in six or seven years and you didn't see nearly as much exaggeration about it.

Six years is nothing Tool is releasing their new album in August their first one in 13 years 

• Like 2

Jirachi
5 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Yeah, they're rushed way too much. I think thats why a lot of bands are doing 10 song albums that are barely 30 minutes and such, because they HAVE to do an album every other year. Imagine Dragons, though i hate their music, did the same thing where they released an album in 2015, said they're taking a hiatus, then they released the first single of their next album in late 2016 :P Thats not even a full year. People need to be more patient and deal with stuff like Green Day taking 4-5 year breaks a lot and stuff.

• Like 1

kaylubd

I actually don't mind albums with only 10 songs. I feel like we're getting what the band considers the best of the best. Sometimes when you have really long tracklistings many of the songs are filler or just forgettable. 

DadBod

1:10 am and I now remember why i said I would never drink multiple glasses of my aunts margaritas in one night. 

Tomorrow morning is going to be hell. Hangover central. 

(Ps they were delicious margaritas, as always.)

• Haha 1

fukingcounterstrike
7 hours ago, DadBod said:

1:10 am and I now remember why i said I would never drink multiple glasses of my aunts margaritas in one night. 

Tomorrow morning is going to be hell. Hangover central. 

(Ps they were delicious margaritas, as always.)

Way too good of typing to be any sort of drunk, you'll be fine :P

• Haha 1

DadBod
54 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Way too good of typing to be any sort of drunk, you'll be fine :P

😂 it’s a struggle today. Ngl 

WhiteTim

So all the abortion laws going on I came up with an idea that’ll either ban abortions and guns or abortions being granted freely

lets start performing abortions with shotguns I mean pro lifers don’t mind kids being gunned down since they refuse to do ANYTHING to stop all these school shootings so abortions performed with shotguns either pro lifers will then call for banning of guns (and abortions) or they’ll change their tune and support abortions 

• Like 1

pouty bitch

My local supermarket used to keep the shopping trolleys right next to the disabled parking spaces and directly in front of the entrance to the store so it was super convenient for disabled people, but now they've moved the trolleys right to the other end of the car park for literally no reason, so if disabled people park in a disabled space they then have to go all the way across the car park to get a trolley and then come all the way back to go into the shop (and they're expected to put the trolley back when they come out of the shop, so they have to go right across the car park two more times. Not to mention it's a pretty big car park), and I just can't understand why anybody would think that was a good idea. I mean, I know humans are really fuckin' stupid, but this feels like a special kind of dumb.

maryjanewhatsername
2 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

My local supermarket used to keep the shopping trolleys right next to the disabled parking spaces and directly in front of the entrance to the store so it was super convenient for disabled people, but now they've moved the trolleys right to the other end of the car park for literally no reason, so if disabled people park in a disabled space they then have to go all the way across the car park to get a trolley and then come all the way back to go into the shop (and they're expected to put the trolley back when they come out of the shop, so they have to go right across the car park two more times. Not to mention it's a pretty big car park), and I just can't understand why anybody would think that was a good idea. I mean, I know humans are really fuckin' stupid, but this feels like a special kind of dumb.

That is some next level stupidity right there. Why would they put carts/trolleys on the other side of the lot/car park? It makes no sense.. "let's inconvenience these people who already have life shitting on them daily!" :lol: luckily most of the parking lots in supermarkets around here have the handicap spots closer to the cart return, but not as close to the door as they should be.

Random ass rant on an unrelated note: I'm sick of my Facebook feed being how shitty Alabama is with abortion laws, James Charles/Tati memes, and TikTok advertisements 😂 someone please kill me. At least @walking_c0ntradicti0n has my back with the sicc SpongeBob memes 🙏

• Love 1

walking_c0ntradicti0n
15 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

At least @walking_c0ntradicti0n has my back with the sicc SpongeBob memes 🙏

At last my life has a purpose :wub:

• Love 1

The Blayr
On 5/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, WhiteTim said:

So all the abortion laws going on I came up with an idea that’ll either ban abortions and guns or abortions being granted freely

lets start performing abortions with shotguns I mean pro lifers don’t mind kids being gunned down since they refuse to do ANYTHING to stop all these school shootings so abortions performed with shotguns either pro lifers will then call for banning of guns (and abortions) or they’ll change their tune and support abortions 

How would that work if we perform abortions with shotguns? Would that not also kill the moms?

WhiteTim
4 hours ago, The Blayr said:

How would that work if we perform abortions with shotguns? Would that not also kill the moms?

Hence why it’d either get guns banned or they’d leave abortions alone since gun nuts don’t seem to care when out of the womb kids are killed daily at schools and such 

• Thanks 1