Fuzz

Random Thoughts

Mar
20 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Ah, good ol' Catholic school... that was what we had, too!

It must have been the same religious group that came in to talk to my school! Fucking gross, especially for someone like me who has such an aversion to spit.

Same diocese, at least! :lol: I had a dream about high school again last night (a recurring one in which I do high school like I did, 3 years Catholic and then my senior year public, but then I return to my Catholic school for a 5th year for some reason, and everything's weird), gotta love those anxiety dreams!

kaylubd
1 hour ago, Mar said:

We had the spit glass -- everyone spits in the glass and the last person is expected to drink it, symbolizing how it would be have sex with someone who isn't a virgin 😶

WHAT?!?!?! 

Emilie

We had the same thing but they waxed a students leg! Every wax strip represented someone they had sex with, then when they finally meet “the one” they had no leg hair left to wax 

:’’’’(

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

pouty bitch
On 4/6/2019 at 7:10 AM, pouty bitch said:

So I watched this TV show last night about sex education in UK schools (because it finally becomes compulsory next year). I literally only watched it because one of my favourite comedians was on it, but after seeing it, it's got me thinking a lot about how poor the sex education (or lack thereof) in the UK actually is and how that could potentially result in people coming to harm (hopefully that will improve with it being made compulsory, but I still can't see it being ideal).

Episode 2 aired tonight and I watched it to see if LGBT+ issues and/or rape were mentioned at all.

There was a section on rape/consent, but honestly it was pretty pathetic. All they really did was show people a very very old sex ed video that implied it's the woman's responsibility to avoid being in a situation where they could get raped rather than teaching men to not rape.🙄 Another problem with said video is that it was also very vague about what rape is (which I mentioned as a problem about the teaching of consent/rape awareness in my original post). Obviously I don't expect them to be super explicit when teaching this stuff to kids, but I feel like most of the time they're way too vague about it/don't really imply sex, and it just feels like they're glossing over it instead of explaining it to kids properly so that they're aware of it and therefore less vulnerable. Also, there was very little discussion about rape/consent in comparison to all of the other topics they had discussed on the show, which adds to the feeling that they're glossing over it, and that's really worrying.

Same-sex relationships were mentioned in this episode during a section about religious attitudes towards sex, but only very very very briefly. A gay guy pointed out that all of the videos they were shown were only about sex between a man and a woman, and then a bit later a catholic parent said that the church teaches that sex and marriage should only be between a man and a woman, and that was literally all that was said about LGBT+ stuff. No LGBT+ issues were brought up, no discussion on it, nothing. Pretty disappointing in this day and age tbh (unless they talk about it more in the next episode).

• Like 1

Montclare

Fuck you, food poisoning.

• Sad 1

The Insider
2 hours ago, Montclare said:

Tis the worst - feel better soon..

• Thanks 1

lizziebix
On 4/14/2019 at 5:23 PM, Montclare said:

Oh no.  Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

So what/where did you eat?

• Thanks 1

Montclare
5 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Oh no.  Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

So what/where did you eat?

Thanks!  Much better today than yesterday.

My first thought was ice cream since I'm lactose intolerant and didn't take any lactaid first, but I've never had that strong of a reaction to it before.  My other guess is a 6 day old piece of quiche (home made).

• Sad 1

lizziebix
11 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Thanks!  Much better today than yesterday.

My first thought was ice cream since I'm lactose intolerant and didn't take any lactaid first, but I've never had that strong of a reaction to it before.  My other guess is a 6 day old piece of quiche (home made).

:(  Whichever, just glad you're feeling better today.

• Like 1

Wretched & Divine

I need to stop being so indecisive about finding a second job. I'm okay with the hours I'm getting with my job right now, meaning it's enough for me to get by. And it gives me a lot of free time, which I personally really enjoy as an introvert homebody. But it's certainly not going to be enough for any significant international travel plans, and I want to do a fair bit of that. I don't know if I'm in a massive rush though? Ugh.

Emilie

Why does anyone think it’s at all okay to hack up phlegm in public???? Especially in a quiet place? I feel like I’m gonna vomit if I hear it again in this library 

maryjanewhatsername
25 minutes ago, Emilie said:

Why does anyone think it’s at all okay to hack up phlegm in public???? Especially in a quiet place? I feel like I’m gonna vomit if I hear it again in this library 

Ewwww :bad:

Emilie
42 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Ewwww :bad:

I’ve literally never come down to study in this library without having to listen to gross men phlegm and cough and ufhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate it. But I have to be here 

can’t it be law you’re not allowed at uni or on public transport if youre sick. Its disgusting 

• Like 1

The Insider
1 hour ago, Emilie said:

gross😷

Snows
On 4/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, Emilie said:

WTF ewww 🤢

maryjanewhatsername

Today was a day of celebration - the most annoying dumbass that works with us put in his two weeks notice :runaround: he came in and I asked if he needed his tip money (tips are split among the whole shift and kept in the safe), and he was like "I'm here on other business matters!" All rude and snapping at me :lol: i was living for it. I knew at that point his ass was quitting. And he is going to the sketchy ass McDonald's across the street :lol: I'M SO HERE FOR THE SHADE! :lol: 

• Haha 2

Beerjeezus

Facebook is so disgusting. A while ago a friend of mine talked to me on whatsapp about an illness they've been diagnosed with, now Facebook is recommending me an event about the illness that's taking place at a venue I spent approx an hour last month. Thanks I hate it.

maryjanewhatsername
7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Facebook is so disgusting. A while ago a friend of mine talked to me on whatsapp about an illness they've been diagnosed with, now Facebook is recommending me an event about the illness that's taking place at a venue I spent approx an hour last month. Thanks I hate it.

That's stalkerish. Thanks, Mark Zuckerberg! 

Beerjeezus
1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

That's stalkerish. Thanks, Mark Zuckerberg! 

Yeah, moreover I'm sure I didn't google it so the algorithm definitely picked it up from my messages.

• Haha 1

The Blayr
1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, moreover I'm sure I didn't google it so the algorithm definitely picked it up from my messages.

Creepy. Makes me skeptical about using FB

Edited by The Blayr

Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, The Blayr said:

Creepy. Makes me skeptical about using FB

FB sucks. I only use it because of school related stuff people post there and to find out about events. I want to get rid of it and anything related, but I'm afraid it would cut me off.

The Blayr
35 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

FB sucks. I only use it because of school related stuff people post there and to find out about events. I want to get rid of it and anything related, but I'm afraid it would cut me off.

I just use it to keep in touch with my extended family. I hardly ever post or even check it tbh

• Like 1

Libertine Angel

I use it a lot but simultaneously hate it because it's a creepy corporate surveillance vehicle, it advertises things to me my GF has talked about aloud that I've never actually looked for.

• Like 1

She-Loves-Him
11 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I was talking about nudist resorts with people at school last week (don’t ask hahah) and I mentioned one by name, then had an ad for it when I opened Facebook shortly after.

• Sad 1