[Rumor] Mike says new album is coming next year

DookieLukie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what was going through the guy's head before he realized that it was Mike.

2 minutes ago, Andres said:

That'll show him to talk to fans at a football game!

Raiders aren't bad this year!

Btw, as always, people should take this with a grain of salt. Unless the source is directly from them or a reputable publication, treat everything else as a rumor.

2 minutes ago, Andres said:

Btw, as always, people should take this with a grain of salt. Unless the source it directly from them or a reputable publication, treat everything else as a rumor.

Yeah definitely. Plus Mike might not ever be 100% sure even if he did say it.

It wouldnt surprise me if this was true. However, like with any other unconfirmed news you have to take it with a grain of salt. It wouldnt be abnormal to get a little excited from this though! 

I would like to think there will be a new album out next year because that thought makes me happy. :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

COME TO INDIA!! xD 

No, really, let's hope this is somewhat true.

this is got to be the 4th time this year alone I've seen a post make it big on some reddit page showing some guy posing with a band member and saying "new album guys 2016" 

It may be true, I may just be a rumour created by a guy looking to get upvotes, but it's not impossible and it's nice to think about :) 

Please be true! But why would Mike willingly say that to a fan? Isn't there some kind of privacy policy or confidentiality crap?

Would be nice! I mean since they're not very specific about what was said it could be that he really just said they're working on the album next year or they have some good new stuff or some other variation. Could be exaggerated or just made up. But it's a good sign anyway.

Why would Mike tell some arbitrary drunk guy at a Raiders game that the album is coming next year when they have been saying: "We don't want to rush it" for 8 months to the press?  Unless Mike was also a drunk guy at a Raiders game and was tired of politically correct answers. 

Or maybe he said something like "We're hoping to release a new album next year" and the guy took it what he put.

Thought it was pretty obvious a new album was coming next year? Relative quiet from the band, the trilogy being god awful. I think their record contract expired with the trilogy? Or did that count as one album from a legal standpoint. Either way there is going to be pressure to get something out next year

Not to sound like I'm being an ass about Mike but he has, more than a few times in the past, told fans and even given quotes to magazines like Kerrang that the band will tour (UK or Europe or a certain city or area) next year/ in six months or whatever and it never happened. It's like he wants to please everyone or be the good news guy. It's not unintentionally misleading or anything but it ends up hyping a ridiculous amount of people for something that never materialises. Maybe that's not the case in this situation but as people pointed out why would Mike reveal the projected release time and progress of the album to a random guy at a football game?! That's the kind of information Rolling Stone release in an official statement from the band or the band announce via their website etc. Seems a bit suspect to me.

Mike tends to kid sooo.. :P 

I'm not going to get too excited until there's an official announcement or until we know for sure they're recording. 

9 hours ago, Andres said:

Btw, as always, people should take this with a grain of salt. Unless the source is directly from them or a reputable publication, treat everything else as a rumor.

fuck grains, embrace the hype you fucking mexican

3 hours ago, Catbug said:

Or maybe he said something like "We're hoping to release a new album next year" and the guy took it what he put.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, he probably said something a lot more vague than "the new album is coming next year". Giving a very positive but vague answer when asked about Green Day's future plans is the standard thing to expect from Mike.

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

rgG9Ns4.jpg

oh

That isn't the OP saying it. Just some reddit asshole.

Also another redditor (PearlDrummer) is a proven friend of Green Day and also confirmed album coming next year.

When Mike speaks, it's scripture. Church.

(Except by "new album" it's just going to be the Greatest Hits from the Trilogy.)

Archived