Green Day to Release Limited Black Friday Vinyl Edition of Grammy-Winning Album 'American Idiot'

desertrose

So I've been comparing the CD to vinyl packaging and so far have seen some interesting things.   Kathleen Hanna's name is on both, but on the vinyl it doesn't mention that "she appears courtesy of whatever".   Other credits have the city and state on one and not the other.  Management has changed from MMG to PMC (MMG on disc, PMC on vinyl).  Here's some other differences:

Vinyl is missing hand holding the grenade pin.   

Vinyl has the rage/love hands

Vinyl missing "Day schedule artwork"

Lyrics are written very differently.  Look at the scratched out words, arrows beside words, etc.  

(okay, just pulled out the book-version and my head has started hurting.  ALL three are different!  different management, different lyric pages!  DID Billie Joe hand write every copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm about to go look at my other copy of the standard version and see if it's different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So.....the vinyl basically has the same lyric sheets as the book-version, different than the standard version.  It has a few of the pictures from the book version, but not all.  On a side note, it appears as if Green Day's management team has changed at least twice between 2004 and and 2009.   What does that mean?  I don't freaking know.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

So I've been comparing the CD to vinyl packaging and so far have seen some interesting things.   Kathleen Hanna's name is on both, but on the vinyl it doesn't mention that "she appears courtesy of whatever".   Other credits have the city and state on one and not the other.  Management has changed from MMG to PMC (MMG on disc, PMC on vinyl).  Here's some other differences:

Vinyl is missing hand holding the grenade pin.   

Vinyl has the rage/love hands

Vinyl missing "Day schedule artwork"

Lyrics are written very differently.  Look at the scratched out words, arrows beside words, etc.  

(okay, just pulled out the book-version and my head has started hurting.  ALL three are different!  different management, different lyric pages!  DID Billie Joe hand write every copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm about to go look at my other copy of the standard version and see if it's different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So.....the vinyl basically has the same lyric sheets as the book-version, different than the standard version.  It has a few of the pictures from the book version, but not all.  On a side note, it appears as if Green Day's management team has changed at least twice between 2004 and and 2009.   What does that mean?  I don't freaking know.  

They have the same management Or at least still have Pat whose been with them since the mid 90's Pat started his own company probably after AI 

Hannah probably not listed as courtesy as she's not on the label she was on during the time of AI release 

15 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

They have the same management Or at least still have Pat whose been with them since the mid 90's Pat started his own company probably after AI 

Hannah probably not listed as courtesy as she's not on the label she was on during the time of AI release 

Yes, Pat is listed on all four copies I have of American Idiot, but the the company changes with each one.   :)

18 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Yes, Pat is listed on all four copies I have of American Idiot, but the the company changes with each one.   :)

The PMC one is his own thing so he may have went from one agency and then started his own 

I don't even own a turntable yet I felt compelled to buy this (ugh, I gave in to Black Friday hype) and start my GD vinyl collection? :huh:

17 hours ago, Mar said:

I don't even own a turntable yet I felt compelled to buy this (ugh, I gave in to Black Friday hype) and start my GD vinyl collection? :huh:

I've been buying the odd record every now and then for years, only to buy a record player last year.  

Archived