Libertine Angel

Buzzcocks

Libertine Angel

Any other fans of the pride of the north? Few bands are able to go 40 years sounding exactly the same and still make consistently great albums (aside from Modern, let's forget about that).

• Like 1

The Insider
On 11/16/2015, 9:11:18, Darth Seditus said:

Any other fans of the pride of the north? Few bands are able to go 40 years sounding exactly the same and still make consistently great albums (aside from Modern, let's forget about that).

Seen them once & seeing them again early next year.

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
18 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Seen them once & seeing them again early next year.

I saw them once in the summer, easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to (even though I was the only person there under 40 and didn't really know any lyrics), hopefully they'll play London again on the 40 tour. Also Steve Diggle's just put his new solo album up on PledgeMusic (went up a few hours ago), I really need to listen to some of his previous stuff because one of the pledge rewads is a gig where you can meet him. I listened to some Flag of Convenience and they were too new wave for me though, so I don't know what to expect.

The Insider
1 hour ago, Darth Seditus said:

I saw them once in the summer, easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to (even though I was the only person there under 40 and didn't really know any lyrics), hopefully they'll play London again on the 40 tour. Also Steve Diggle's just put his new solo album up on PledgeMusic (went up a few hours ago), I really need to listen to some of his previous stuff because one of the pledge rewads is a gig where you can meet him. I listened to some Flag of Convenience and they were too new wave for me though, so I don't know what to expect.

haha sadly I was not one of those under 40 the first time I saw them :ermm:

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
10 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

haha sadly I was not one of those under 40 the first time I saw them :ermm:

Ha, they've been around for long enough it's excusable :P Though what was cool (read: utterly fucking awesome) was that I was stood on the barrier right in front of Steve the whole time and during Ever Fallen In Love so many people were jumping around on me he actually gave me a worried look and saluted me at the end.

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
8 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

http://sidestory.co/the-buzzcocks-steve-diggle-and-the-story-of-punk-soho/

there is a gd referenence but it's more appropriate posting here?

Awesome, I'd seen he'd done that but hadn't got round to checking it out.

Also I found this post by someone that talks about I Believe and really puts it in a light I'd never seen it in before, it's truly a work of genius.

• Like 1

Jack [DF]

Brilliant interview. I can't help but snicker at the way that classic punk bands always seem to regard new punk as copycatting, but it's nonetheless an interesting look at music in the '70s compared to today.

Libertine Angel

Got tickets to see them at a small/mid-sized venue in October, fuck yes.

• Like 1

ghesboro

I saw them last night at a small club (like 500/600 people, probably less). Surprisingly, it wasn't packed. They were amazing, so full of energy. Steve and Chris shook hands with us at the end of the concert, I though that was so nice.

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
9 hours ago, ghesboro said:

I saw them last night at a small club (like 500/600 people, probably less). Surprisingly, it wasn't packed. They were amazing, so full of energy. Steve and Chris shook hands with us at the end of the concert, I though that was so nice.

Awesome, what was the setlist like?

ghesboro
14 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Awesome, what was the setlist like?

Pretty cool, they opened with Boredom, than they played Fast Cars, Autonomy, People are Strange Machines, Why She's a Girl From the Chainstore, I Don't Mind, What Ever Happened To?, Sick City Sometimes (which was the highlight of the show for me, that song is probably my favorite), You Say You Don't Love Me, Promises, Moving Away for the Pulsebeat, Nothing Left, Love You More, What Do I get?. Orgasm Addict, Ever Fallen in Love, and they closed with Harmony in my Head. These are the ones I remember, they haven't uploaded the setlist yet. It was weird being there though, me and my friend who's turning 19 this year were probably the youngest people in the crowd ahah. Reminded me of when I was 15 and saw Megadeth and Slayer and everyone was at least 20.

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
9 hours ago, ghesboro said:

Pretty cool, they opened with Boredom, than they played Fast Cars, Autonomy, People are Strange Machines, Why She's a Girl From the Chainstore, I Don't Mind, What Ever Happened To?, Sick City Sometimes (which was the highlight of the show for me, that song is probably my favorite), You Say You Don't Love Me, Promises, Moving Away for the Pulsebeat, Nothing Left, Love You More, What Do I get?. Orgasm Addict, Ever Fallen in Love, and they closed with Harmony in my Head. These are the ones I remember, they haven't uploaded the setlist yet. It was weird being there though, me and my friend who's turning 19 this year were probably the youngest people in the crowd ahah. Reminded me of when I was 15 and saw Megadeth and Slayer and everyone was at least 20.

Awesome, quite similar to last year but not quite, I'm really looking forward to October now. I love What Do I Get? and the other classics obviously, but I want to hear Pulsebeat live because it's a really interesting song what with the drum solo and all. And yeah, I totally get the age thing, I saw Bruce Foxton last week and it was a bit awkward being the only person who could sing "we're gonna tell ya about the young idea" and actually mean it :P

trikey
On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 11:11 PM, Libertine Angel said:

Yep, quality toons, saw them back in 79 ish, superb.

• Like 3

Libertine Angel
Just now, trikey said:

Awesome, I'd have loved to be around back then.

ghesboro
13 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Awesome, quite similar to last year but not quite, I'm really looking forward to October now. I love What Do I Get? and the other classics obviously, but I want to hear Pulsebeat live because it's a really interesting song what with the drum solo and all. And yeah, I totally get the age thing, I saw Bruce Foxton last week and it was a bit awkward being the only person who could sing "we're gonna tell ya about the young idea" and actually mean it :P

I can imagine ahah. Pulsebeat is great live, it's a quite unique song. 

10 hours ago, trikey said:

That must've been so great! I'm honestly so glad they're still around.

• Like 1