Happy Birthday ¡Dos!

Steven Seagull

On 11/11/2015 1:12:04, bollard_11 said:

Dos. More like Gross. The only good thing from this album was Stray Heart. All filler, no killer

Stray Heart is a Mother Mary rip-off and Mother Mary is a Lust For Life rip-off. I can't really call that the best thing on Dos. Lazy Bones is at least actually a new song. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like quite a few songs from Dos, surprisingly enough. I fell in love with "Amy", I love "Lazy Bones" and I think the guitar to "Wow! That's Loud" is really catchy.
The only songs I really can't stand are Fuck Time and Nightlife. :P 

4 hours ago, Juste Bro said:

I actually like quite a few songs from Dos, surprisingly enough. I fell in love with "Amy", I love "Lazy Bones" and I think the guitar to "Wow! That's Loud" is really catchy.
The only songs I really can't stand are Fuck Time and Nightlife. :P 

I like all the ones you  mentioned especially Fuck Time and NIghtlife:happy:

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I like all the ones you  mentioned especially Fuck Time and NIghtlife:happy:

Fuck Time is perfect and I will fight anyone that thinks otherwise

18 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

fucking fight me

14 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Sweetie it is never ugly when I win

But all the blood-

59 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

But none of it was mine

It's from my ears after listening to Dos.

23 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Live it is studio version is boring no soul at all

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Live it is studio version is boring no soul at all

and an embarrassing song to put under the Green Day name, along with Night Life.

6 hours ago, Clayish said:

and an embarrassing song to put under the Green Day name, along with Night Life.

I love them both, so I disagree.  Not embarrassing at all.  Both songs are fun.   

Actually, Fuck Time and Foxboro Hottubs gigs are on the edge of embarrassing. FBHT is meant as a fun side project mostly for die-hard fans - everyone knows it's no serious business. When they play the same song as Green Day, people suddenly see it as inappropriate while it's still the same, silly joke. I enjoy the live version, but the lyrics make me cringe at the same time. Fuck Time is as silly when it's performed by Green Day as it is when FHT play it and just as embarrassing. 

I agree that the album version is kinda butchered, but the whole trilogy has the same flaws. It's not any worse than the rest. 

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Actually, Fuck Time and Foxboro Hottubs gigs are on the edge of embarrassing. FBHT is meant as a fun side project mostly for die-hard fans - everyone knows it's no serious business. When they play the same song as Green Day, people suddenly see it as inappropriate while it's still the same, silly joke. I enjoy the live version, but the lyrics make me cringe at the same time. Fuck Time is as silly when it's performed by Green Day as it is when FHT play it and just as embarrassing. 

I agree that the album version is kinda butchered, but the whole trilogy has the same flaws. It's not any worse than the rest. 

You are not in a stage of life to understand but the opening line of "oh drop your laundry and slam the door"  is brilliant.   

I do have to disagree with you, I don't think Tubbie shows are anywhere near embarrassing.  Just because they are a fun side project does not mean it is silly or embarrassing.  I don't think Billie takes anything not seriously.  I think that its not that the Tubbies should not be taken seriously but that they are amusing and playful and fun.  There is a big difference between being fun and silly and not being serious.   

6 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

You are not in a stage of life to understand but the opening line of "oh drop your laundry and slam the door"  is brilliant.   

I do have to disagree with you, I don't think Tubbie shows are anywhere near embarrassing.  Just because they are a fun side project does not mean it is silly or embarrassing.  I don't think Billie takes anything not seriously.  I think that its not that the Tubbies should not be taken seriously but that they are amusing and playful and fun.  There is a big difference between being fun and silly and not being serious.   

Yeah, but at the same, Green Day doesn't get away with Tubbies' stuff. It's silly and fun, but when Green Day play Fuck Time, it feels slightly out of character. I enjoy that song, but lines li ke "i wanna choke you till you're blue in face " are pretty cringey. Even when they're clearly tongue-in-a-cheek. 

33 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, but at the same, Green Day doesn't get away with Tubbies' stuff. It's silly and fun, but when Green Day play Fuck Time, it feels slightly out of character. I enjoy that song, but lines li ke "i wanna choke you till you're blue in face " are pretty cringey. Even when they're clearly tongue-in-a-cheek. 

I don't think it's that out of character, they've done plenty of songs with tongue in cheek/risque lyrics before (eg Blood Sex and Booze, King For A Day, any Tre song), and on stage Billie's always said and done silly, sexual and provocative stuff. Of course there's more of it with Tubbies/Dos but I think if anything having a couple of songs like that on an album is more in keeping with Green Day's character than not, it's there on most of their older albums and has always continued to be there in their live shows even when albums became more serious. 

Archived