Happy Birthday ¡Dos!

Steven Seagull

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, but at the same, Green Day doesn't get away with Tubbies' stuff. It's silly and fun, but when Green Day play Fuck Time, it feels slightly out of character. I enjoy that song, but lines li ke "i wanna choke you till you're blue in face " are pretty cringey. Even when they're clearly tongue-in-a-cheek. 

Hermione said it perfectly, so I'm just going to second what she said.

I just want to add that in 30 ish years, when you and your hubby are celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary, I want you to remember this conversation about Fuck Time. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Hermione said it perfectly, so I'm just going to second what she said.

I just want to add that in 30 ish years, when you and your hubby are celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary, I want you to remember this conversation about Fuck Time. 

Hopefully, I'll grow up to be filthy enough so I can relate to it ;)

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Hopefully, I'll grow up to be filthy enough so I can relate to it ;)

Hang around me and you'll be fine.

I've been coming around on "Fuck Time" lately. While I agree with Jane that it can be a big cringeworthy, I think it can at least fun so I can't call it complete crap like the rest of the album. It seems like a good live track

But I still hate "Nightlife", so yeah.

1 minute ago, tacobellfan456 said:

I've been coming around on "Fuck Time" lately. While I agree with Jane that it can be a big cringeworthy, I think it can at least fun so I can't call it complete crap like the rest of the album. It seems like a good live track

But I still hate "Nightlife", so yeah.

I'm older and wiser, remember?  I win.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I'm older and wiser, remember?  I win.

No, "Nightlife" still sucks.

7 minutes ago, tacobellfan456 said:

No, "Nightlife" still sucks.

No I'm right.  At least you have been converted to Fuck Time.  I will take credit for it.

2 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

No I'm right.  At least you have been converted to Fuck Time.  I will take credit for it.

"Fuck Time" is a religion?
I'm in.

37 minutes ago, tacobellfan456 said:

"Fuck Time" is a religion?
I'm in.

It took you long enough to figure it out.

I actually think when you see what happened with Billie and his drink problem DOS becomes quite sad to listen to, in a good way i mean. You listen to songs like Lazy Bones and Amy and it actually cuts pretty deep. I know im gonna get torn apart for this opinion but i enjoy it so whatever.

3 hours ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

I actually think when you see what happened with Billie and his drink problem DOS becomes quite sad to listen to, in a good way i mean. You listen to songs like Lazy Bones and Amy and it actually cuts pretty deep. I know im gonna get torn apart for this opinion but i enjoy it so whatever.

With or without knowing about the real life drink problems I agree, the album explores the good and bad sides of giving in to excess, ending very much on the bad side. There's fun stuff but also dark stuff (and even some of the fun stuff becomes dark in that context), that's why I like it so much. Don't really know how it can be seen as just fun/trivial.

10 hours ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

Yeah, I feel about it that way as well. I wonder if I'd feel the same if I didn't know the story behind it. Fair enough, some of those lyrics have a very sincere nature to them and really create the atmosphere. 

Archived