Where do you personally think Green Day should go sonically with their next record?

CrimsonArk

37 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah acoustic music is cool but I don't want to see a whole album of it. Like honestly, how many good acoustic songs have Green Day made? 3? Their other songs sound good acoustic, but that's not something they'll ever do. 

Also, when has Green Day EVER written about hope and faith? It's just not their topic of interest. The Trilogy wasn't angsty, it was just immature. Green Day will make an album about a subject that inspires them, and certain things usually do over others.

I hear ya, and I doubt they'd ever do an entire album acoustic. But, I'd say they've done at least an albums worth of acoustic themed songs, and have a good amount of songs about hope and faith (Hold on, Waiting etc..) and the trilogy had a quite a few angsty songs (Loss of control, lazy bones etc..).

I'm sure whatever they come out with, if anything, will be 100x better than anything else their genre has to offer today :)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Also, when has Green Day EVER written about hope and faith? It's just not their topic of interest. The Trilogy wasn't angsty, it was just immature. Green Day will make an album about a subject that inspires them, and certain things usually do over others.

More midlife crisis than teen angst or immaturity imo. But I think they've written quite a lot about hope and faith, on Warning, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown in particular they wrote about the dark side of things but often also the hope/faith that things will change for the better or the "light at the end of the tunnel" (eg 21st CB ending with See The Light). Even the trilogy ends on a hopeful note ("Don't look away from the arms of tomorrow/Don't look away from the arms of love"). I can't imagine a whole album of just that stuff from them but I'm sure they'll continue to include bits of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Next album should be an Octalogy (8 albums).  Each album would tell a story from different viewpoints and then the last disc would tie them all together in one big epic train-wreck....oh and every song is minimum 7 minutes.   The last song is 27 minutes long and has multiple parts to it.  Some parts will be performed by 'other bands', like Foxboro Hot Tubs, the Network, Rodeo Queens, Dead Mermaids, Pinhead Gunpowder, the Frustrators and Billie Joe and Norah.  The song will span numerous genre's but each group will not be playing their own sound.  The tubs will be playing bluegrass.  Billie and Norah - Death metal.  The Frustrators will play the grunge section, title "We the Dreadful".  And Green Day of course will be playing a mixture of their signature sound combined with turbine engines, classical tuvan throat singing, Hunting Songs of the Mbuti and white noise.  

Oh and Whatshername kills herself.  

Oh and the Album is called Cheese Paper Anthology XII:  Sui-slut-ul.  

Oh and all the band members wear diapers and nothing more while promoting this thing.  

It will be a total failure.

The album cover will be a picture of the Joker in an odd position with Robin.  It will shock and outrage everyone on the planet and the band will re-release the album with dookie covering the picture.

Sorry guys.  I was bored.  Stranger things have happened, right?   

I think there will be songs like Wake me up when september ends related mike's wife, and jason. Also some politics stuff like holiday. I'm hope it will be an album like american idiot. maby they can use a Christian and Muslim characters that falling in love, and find out that religion does not matter at all. an album with a message.

Billie joe said he will do another concept album, so i guess. maby they could do a greatest hits album, and a tour with concert film including a full concert. after that  a new album.

i'm not a big fan of the triology, and just falled in love with american idiot again after seeing hearts like a hand grenade. 21st century breakdown was a little bit too much i think.

8 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

Next album should be an Octalogy (8 albums).  Each album would tell a story from different viewpoints and then the last disc would tie them all together in one big epic train-wreck....oh and every song is minimum 7 minutes.   The last song is 27 minutes long and has multiple parts to it.  Some parts will be performed by 'other bands', like Foxboro Hot Tubs, the Network, Rodeo Queens, Dead Mermaids, Pinhead Gunpowder, the Frustrators and Billie Joe and Norah.  The song will span numerous genre's but each group will not be playing their own sound.  The tubs will be playing bluegrass.  Billie and Norah - Death metal.  The Frustrators will play the grunge section, title "We the Dreadful".  And Green Day of course will be playing a mixture of their signature sound combined with turbine engines, classical tuvan throat singing, Hunting Songs of the Mbuti and white noise.  

Oh and all the band members wear diapers and nothing more while promoting this thing.  

The album cover will be a picture of the Joker in an odd position with Robin.  It will shock and outrage everyone on the planet and the band will re-release the album with dookie covering the picture.

10/10 would definitely buy

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

I consider this a fanfic, right? 

No concept album. It's been done to death. Just make an album of good songs, that's all I want. Stop trying to be "epic", just be Green Day.

On 05.12.2015 13:19:24, Wouter1994 said:

I think there will be songs like Wake me up when september ends related mike's wife, and jason. Also some politics stuff like holiday. I'm hope it will be an album like american idiot. maby they can use a Christian and Muslim characters that falling in love, and find out that religion does not matter at all. an album with a message.

Billie joe said he will do another concept album, so i guess. maby they could do a greatest hits album, and a tour with concert film including a full concert. after that  a new album.

i'm not a big fan of the triology, and just falled in love with american idiot again after seeing hearts like a hand grenade. 21st century breakdown was a little bit too much i think.

This story reminded me of soap-operas in my country. But here,it's very melodramatic and boring. I hope they will make it exciting and both of them will survive.

My idea for the story is a young boy gets a guitar when he is 10, he names the guitar after it's color and puts lots of stickers on it.Years later, he plays that guitar on hall of fame.They can fill the middle with good or bad incidents but that's the story i want.And the album is called "Blue".

On 12/5/2015, 6:19:24, Wouter1994 said:

There's a lot political turmoil this time around.  Lots of hot button issues and Green Day are the men to play Rock N Roll about it.  The Rebel Flag and race relations, politicians, gun control and the lack thereof, cops shooting innocent people, gay marriage.  It's a perfect time to make a bold statement like American Idiot did in 2004.  And what's a great album without an iconic cover?  A burning rebel flag perhaps?

23 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

There's a lot political turmoil this time around.  Lots of hot button issues and Green Day are the men to play Rock N Roll about it.  The Rebel Flag and race relations, politicians, gun control and the lack thereof, cops shooting innocent people, gay marriage.  It's a perfect time to make a bold statement like American Idiot did in 2004.  And what's a great album without an iconic cover?  A burning rebel flag perhaps?

a Isis guy with a anonymous mask. with beard.

2 hours ago, Wouter1994 said:

a Isis guy with a anonymous mask. with beard.

Rebel Flags, Islam, Starbucks cups, Cops killing innocent people, race relations, transgender and gay rights, all the garbage we've been force fed by the media in 2015.....they could make a dookie-style collage but with all these deep issues being illustrated.   

1 hour ago, thatdude03 said:

Rebel Flags, Islam, Starbucks cups, Cops killing innocent people, race relations, transgender and gay rights, all the garbage we've been force fed by the media in 2015.....they could make a dookie-style collage but with all these deep issues being illustrated.   

Yeah! dat would be even better.

just fuck all that kinds of bull shit with a sense of humor.

the Monkey's of Dookie trowing shit on all of it.

6 hours ago, Céadóg said:

Thank fuck none of you have creative control over Green Day.

Oh and as I've mentioned a million times before - Mike Dirnt should take over lead vocals.  Tre and Jason can sing lead on a handful of tracks, but NO MORE BILLIE!!!  He's sang lead on like....96.90 percent of Green Day's music.  I should totally be in creative control of Green Day.

10 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Oh and as I've mentioned a million times before - Mike Dirnt should take over lead vocals.  Tre and Jason can sing lead on a handful of tracks, but NO MORE BILLIE!!!  He's sang lead on like....96.90 percent of Green Day's music.  I should totally be in creative control of Green Day.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and no.

Unless Billie gets to sit on my lap instead, then it's ok.

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and no.

Unless Billie gets to sit on my lap instead, then it's ok.

OMG such a fangirl but I agree no, no, no - imagine Mike singing brutal love no, no, no.

3 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

OMG such a fangirl but I agree no, no, no - imagine Mike singing brutal love no, no, no.

Biggest Billie fan, or did you forget

7 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

No more guitars.  Just drums.  Mike, Jason and Billie should all play drums on the next record, alongside Tre.  Also, they should pick one word (Alligator) and that be the only lyric throughout each track.  Until they get to Brutal Love '16, Where Mike and Tre sing lead.  

Alligator.  Alligator.   

Alligator.             Alligator.

Alligator. Alligator.   Alligator.   Oooh.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Crocodile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just go for a politically charged album with a 17-minute long track has Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason and maybe even Jason Freese singing lead for segments that they all wrote i.e. Like Homecoming but with more bits, longer and have an orchestral element at the end. And the name...Politically Incorrect.

On 09.12.2015 at 2:47 AM, thatdude03 said:

No more guitars.  Just drums.  Mike, Jason and Billie should all play drums on the next record, alongside Tre.  Also, they should pick one word (Alligator) and that be the only lyric throughout each track.  Until they get to Brutal Love '16, Where Mike and Tre sing lead.  

Alligator.  Alligator.   

Alligator.             Alligator.

Alligator. Alligator.   Alligator.   Oooh.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Alligator.  

Crocodile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We might be a little out of our minds sometimes, but we're fucking smart." -Tre Cool

On 12/8/2015 at 1:10 PM, Céadóg said:

Thank fuck none of you have creative control over Green Day.

Yeah if fans had control, Billie Joe might think 99 Revs is the best song he's ever written! Oh wait...

On 12/6/2015 at 11:15 PM, PleasedToMeetMe said:

No concept album. It's been done to death. Just make an album of good songs, that's all I want. Stop trying to be "epic", just be Green Day.

Well AI is an "epic" and a concept record, and it is considered signature Green Day.

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah if fans had control, Billie Joe might think 99 Revs is the best song he's ever written! Oh wait...

Actually, Billie didn't say 99 Revolutions was the best song he has written.  He said it was one of the best songs he has ever written.  So, if he was comparing maybe the top 200 songs he has written that statement would be accurate.  

7 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Actually, Billie didn't say 99 Revolutions was the best song he has written.  He said it was one of the best songs he has ever written.  So, if he was comparing maybe the top 200 songs he has written that statement would be accurate.  

Oh god - not this again...

Archived