Where do you personally think Green Day should go sonically with their next record?

CrimsonArk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are starting to be middle aged men now, so it could be something more....adult! :shy:

Soon they're all granparents! But still with a twist!! I'm growing up with them too, i was 18 when American Idiot came out, next year i'm 30. Things have changed, but still the same rebel inside. :)

I think Billie said in his rehab interview he wanted to do something like a rock opera again but with more of a low fi sound. I'd be pretty excited to hear something like that. 

They should make a childrens album with all of the kid friendly songs such as

Longview

East Jesus Nowhere

F*ck Time

King For A Day

Platypus (I hate you)

christians Inferno

All By Myself

and last but not least a cover of Blink-182's song 'Family Reunion'

Musically, I don't really care what they do. There are not a lot of Green Day songs that I'm not content with musically. I'd love stuff that had an older rock and roll vibe like Foxboro Hot Tubs, but I'd also be entirely content with classic pop punk Green Day - however you generalize that. What I do hope for are meaningful lyrics. One of the biggest issues I had with the trilogy was that I didn't feel that much of the songs had a lot of character behind them. American Idiot was great not just because of the music, but because of the story and meaning behind it. Warning was very personal and as I've said before, it's like poetry. With the exception of Lazy Bones, I didn't feel a real connection to the trilogy. So that's what I'm hoping for.

On 11/15/2015, 3:41:16, Wearethewaiting837 said:

They should make a childrens album with all of the kid friendly songs such as

Longview

East Jesus Nowhere

F*ck Time

King For A Day

Platypus (I hate you)

christians Inferno

All By Myself

and last but not least a cover of Blink-182's song 'Family Reunion'

:lol: i died. i want this now

Wait how did Christian's Inferno make that list? At least half of Green Day's songs are less child friendly than that :P 

I was quite put off by the lo-if sound of the trilogy. For a lot of songs, it sounds like you're listening through tin can headphones or speakers. This kind of sound worked for FBHT due to the nature and idea of the band.

I love how American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown sounded. Personally, it's much easier for me to repeatedly listen to music if it's sonically pleasing. If the trilogy sounded like that, it would still be in my rotation. Demoliicous kind of recaptured this sound, which makes some of those songs more enjoyable than the album versions.

Mix it did in American Idiot 21st Century Breakdown is going to be perfect anything in this line . My opinion!

On 10/23/2015, 5:27:07, Céadóg said:

They're way ahead of you.

When did this happen?  

I want lead vocals by Mike, Tre and Jason.  American Idiot had Mike and Tre singing and look how well it did, haha!  But seriously.  I want a serious song sang by tre cool, or anything sang by Mike and Jason.  That's all I want. 

13 hours ago, GugsGreenDay said:

Mix it did in American Idiot 21st Century Breakdown is going to be perfect anything in this line . My opinion!

Hey could you use the default font when posting? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Céadóg said:

About a year ago, if I remember correctly. Pretty sure I'm their only fan.

https://soundcloud.com/roarkrevival/dead-mermaids-fish

I'm sad nothing else happened with that! Would've been interesting to hear some more songs or see a show.

Speaking of which another Foxboro album/tour or another new side project in between now and the next album wouldn't go amiss. Always entertaining and if anything it seems to help inspire them and move along the creative process on the Green Day side of things.

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Hey could you use the default font when posting? Thanks.

I'm sad nothing else happened with that! Would've been interesting to hear some more songs or see a show.

Speaking of which another Foxboro album/tour or another new side project in between now and the next album wouldn't go amiss. Always entertaining and if anything it seems to help inspire them and move along the creative process on the Green Day side of things.

Rodeo Queens.  Must.  Make.  An. Album.   Green Day and Jesse Malin.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Rodeo Queens.  Must.  Make.  An. Album.   Green Day and Jesse Malin.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please no.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎05‎:‎37‎, Matt. said:

I was quite put off by the lo-if sound of the trilogy. For a lot of songs, it sounds like you're listening through tin can headphones or speakers. 

The trilogy was overproduced, if anything.

5 minutes ago, Clayish said:

The trilogy was overproduced, if anything.

No it wasn't... 

6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

No it wasn't... 

Wasn't the trilogy supposed to be stripped back and raw? Almost every song is overproduced in my eyes because the songs lack zero punch and just sound way too clean (every song has the same damn guitar tone). It works on songs like Brutal Love, but fails badly elsewhere, especially Dos.

Not sure how they screwed it up, because the production on Foxboro Hot tubs is great. I'd take another one of those albums as well.

18 minutes ago, Clayish said:

Wasn't the trilogy supposed to be stripped back and raw? Almost every song is overproduced in my eyes because the songs lack zero punch and just sound way too clean (every song has the same damn guitar tone). It works on songs like Brutal Love, but fails badly elsewhere, especially Dos.

Not sure how they screwed it up, because the production on Foxboro Hot tubs is great. I'd take another one of those albums as well.

They recorded the album with clean tones nothing really to do with production it's not like they recorded it loud and distorted like with AI and then in pro tools converted it to clean doesn't work that way trilogy is the fake "live in studio" album 

On November 18, 2015 at 12:06:51 AM, Hermione said:

Wait how did Christian's Inferno make that list? At least half of Green Day's songs are less child friendly than that :P 

replace it with troublemaker then :p

On 11/19/2015, 2:19:29, Céadóg said:

Please no.

Well I know how they said it was the 'drunkest' thing they ever did, so next time around would be much different.  and sober.

4 hours ago, Wearethewaiting837 said:

replace it with troublemaker then :p

Acceptable :D 

Wherever they feel like going. After twenty-plus years of being a fan, there is no single song or album I hate. Surprise me!

I personally would love to see a more acoustic based album of 12-14 songs. They are well into their 40's now and chill songs about hope and faith would definately be welcomed after a trilogy of songs that captured Billie in an epic manic episode! Something kind of Warningish minus the Italian Mafia style of Misery. (Songs like: Church on Sunday, Hold On, Waiting, Macy's Day Parade).

I think Green Day got the last of their teenage like angst out on the trilogy (which 70-80% of was amazing and should have been divided into a second Foxboro record and a superb Green Day record).. But hey.. A trilogy was a pretty fresh idea, and things like that make Green Day fans the most fortunate of any other band around today, if you ask me!

54 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

I personally would love to see a more acoustic based album of 12-14 songs. They are well into their 40's now and chill songs about hope and faith would definately be welcomed after a trilogy of songs that captured Billie in an epic manic episode! Something kind of Warningish minus the Italian Mafia style of Misery. (Songs like: Church on Sunday, Hold On, Waiting, Macy's Day Parade).

I think Green Day got the last of their teenage like angst out on the trilogy (which 70-80% of was amazing and should have been divided into a second Foxboro record and a superb Green Day record).. But hey.. A trilogy was a pretty fresh idea, and things like that make Green Day fans the most fortunate of any other band around today, if you ask me!

Yeah acoustic music is cool but I don't want to see a whole album of it. Like honestly, how many good acoustic songs have Green Day made? 3? Their other songs sound good acoustic, but that's not something they'll ever do. 

Also, when has Green Day EVER written about hope and faith? It's just not their topic of interest. The Trilogy wasn't angsty, it was just immature. Green Day will make an album about a subject that inspires them, and certain things usually do over others.

Archived