First Green Day album that you owned/ first album you heard

Ztt84

Song: Basket Case, Album: Dookie (got it for my 9th birthday back in '95), It was a cassette copy!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered Nimrod and instantly fell in love.  Then......international super hits and Shenanigans.  Then immediately went out and bought every released up to that point, which was 2002.  From American Idiot and forward, I take the release day off of work just to get my copy as soon as a record store opens up.  I'll don't think I'll ever be as excited about buying a cd as I was when American Idiot came out.    I was literally shaking as I went into Best Buy.   

American Idiot when I was in fourth grade when it first came out. It was the first cd I ever bought and it was what got me into music in general.

I'm gonna be original here and say that the first full GD album I heard was Bullet in a Bible. I'd heard a Green Day song on the radio and had looked up some songs on Youtube, and I wanted to hear more so I went to the library to see whether they had any GD CD's and they only had BIAB available at that moment. So that was the first album I heard. Also one of the first GD albums I bought, I bought AI and BIAB at the same time. 

There's definitely something to be said for my first listened album being a live album. Guess it shows how good they are live :P So weird though when I heard AI for the first time, I'd gotten used to all the crowd interaction and hey-oh's in the songs. 

Hmm...I think I bought a few singles from American Idiot back in 2005 (crazy how it's been 10 years) and then I researched all of their previously released albums. I would literally spend the majority of my time listening to every album thanks to the Green Day Radio station on AOL. :lol: I remember falling in love with 1039 SOSH so that was the first full album that I owned. Although American Idiot was influential in getting me into the band, 1039 Smooth was THE album that I absolutely loved the most and the first album I had of theirs. Good times.

I was a kid and my sisters owned Dookie (they seemed to own all their music in some kind of joint ownership arrangement...no idea how that worked out when they moved out ?) so I used to steal it etc. The first album I had to buy myself was AI because I was in college. Then I got the entire back catalogue for Christmas because it sucked not having access to my sister's old collection.

Like most people my age that are Green Day fans, I first heard Wake Me Up When September ends. My badass rocking cousin showed me the guys when I was 8.

More uniquely (I guess) the first song I bought was Whatsername (I used to buy individual songs on iTunes)

Dookie/Dookie

Do you stutter now?

Ditto/Ditto

The purchase came after I starred at the Longview video for ages. 

Do you stutter now?

Ditto/Ditto

The purchase came after I starred at the Longview video for ages. 

I want to make a reference about dookie and old age but I will not;)

WICA is far superior....

First album I "owned" was 21st century breakdown ?...but really listened to basically all of their records before this because my dad was a fan since Dookie?.  I still remember listening to American Idiot and thinking this is the best thing I've ever heard in my life (even though I was like 10 ?).  

After "borrowing" that cd and listening to it over and over again, I still remember the moment I realized that my dad had like 4 other of their albums and asking him if I could listen to them ?.  He approved, but warned me about some of the language.  Ever since then, they've been the most influential band in my life.  I still remember hearing a preview of Know Your Enemy on ITunes when it was just released and thinking it sounded awesome ?✊ Green Day forever ✊

The first song I heard was WMUWSE, then American Idiot (which I didn't like much), but I decided to download an album by them anyway, with this new programme that my uncle had put in my computer. Well, somehow, with my brilliant downloading skills at the time, I managed to download 1039/SOSH :lol: So that's the first album I heard believe it or not :lol: I was only able to download that one and I thought it was their latest album. It was only weeks (or months?) after that I learnt that their latest album was actually AI (this was 2008), and from then I downloaded songs from different albums (actually on my iPod I still have Nimrod and Warning with songs all over the place, no order, different volume, etc). 

The first album I owned was American Idiot, on my birthday 2008 :)  

the first one i ever bought myself was uno but i have absolutely no idea what the first i ever heard was since my parents listened to green day even when i was a baby

Archived