First Green Day album that you owned/ first album you heard

Ztt84

Technically, the first album I owned was, well actually Dookie, Insomniac, Warning, and UNO, because I bought them at the same time, and the first album I heard was the compilation album "International Superhits!" still have it today, and I guess I own it now.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did it shock you?

Well, I don't speak for his name, but Nimrod shock me too, unlike previous albums, which were fast, erratic and wild, Nimrod had songs like "Time Of Your Life" and it was a lot softer than previous albums.

Dookie. Then I went back and heard their older stuff and loved it!

When I got married, hubby had a Dookie cassette, so I guess I became a fan by marriage. :)

When I got married, hubby had a Dookie cassette, so I guess I became a fan by marriage. :)

Then why won't he go see Heart Like a Handgrenade?  :(

My hubby had Dookie too.  :)

Well, I don't speak for his name, but Nimrod shock me too, unlike previous albums, which were fast, erratic and wild, Nimrod had songs like "Time Of Your Life" and it was a lot softer than previous albums.

Wasn't Nimrod supposed to be the mature album, since they became fathers around that time? I think Tre was the first father, or was it Mike, I can never remember.

Dookie. Then I went back and heard their older stuff and loved it!

Yeah, I think their older stuff is awesome, and thanks to the release of the "Studio Albums 1990-2009" I can now listen to almost every Green Day, I bought Shenanigans and downloaded the rest of the CDs I don't own

Then why won't he go see Heart Like a Handgrenade?  :(

My hubby had Dookie too.  :)

He lost interest as I became obsessed. :lol: 

But seriously he said we could go. It's just that he usually works past the time it starts so I don't know how to make it work. It might be a last minute thing.

He lost interest as I became obsessed. :lol: 

But seriously he said we could go. It's just that he usually works past the time it starts so I don't know how to make it work. It might be a last minute thing.

I hope you get to go.

My hubby is a bit different, he won't admit he likes them.  He will just ask me, "what is that song you are listening too"  I will tell him, he will go Oh, and add it to his ipod.   He doesn't know I can check!!!:lol: 

Wasn't Nimrod supposed to be the mature album, since they became fathers around that time? I think Tre was the first father, or was it Mike, I can never remember.

Yeah, I think their older stuff is awesome, and thanks to the release of the "Studio Albums 1990-2009" I can now listen to almost every Green Day, I bought Shenanigans and downloaded the rest of the CDs I don't own

Tre was the first father.

First album I heard was American Idiot and first album I owned was 21st Century Breakdown :D the second album I owned was Kerplunk :ninja: 

Tré was first with Ramona, Billie was second with Joey and Mike was third with Estelle :lol: 

Dookie followed by Kerplunk followed by 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours followed by Warning 5 years later. 

I don't know, if we are judging by this father thingy, Insomniac should also be a parenting-thingy album.

Imagine if Insomniac would talk about paretning... "Stuck With Diaper", "Geek Stink(y) Diaper"... :lol::lol:

Nimrod. First heard it because of my sister getting me to listen to it and the first album I owned myself was 21CB.

First song: Holiday (2005)
First "album": a CD my friend burned me of JOS, BOBD and Holiday (2005)
First legit album owned: about 4 months after ^ my dad got me American Idiot and International Superhits together. (2006) 
And then from 2006 - 2008 I basically collected and memorized everything to do with green day ever. The rest is history. 

Archived