Happy 15th Warning

Christian's Inferno!

Warning is 15 years old today! While some consider this a weaker Green Day album, it's my favourite and it's the album that started them in the direction of American Idiot.

What do you think of Warning?

Anyone who thinks Warning is a weak album is a moron. Top 3 easy :happy: The album was popular at the time I got into Green Day, so it will always be one of my favorites.

Also has one of the best lines in music :lol: "Wake up, the house is on fire, and the cat's caught in the dryer"

Anyone who thinks Warning is a weak album is a moron. Top 3 easy :happy:

I agree

Warning is one of my favorites.  I also consider it a stepping stone towards American Idiot.  It was their transition from young punks to more serious subjects.  However, it may not have been a huge commercial success at the time, but I don't think it is considered a weak album.  Just because an album is commercially successful doesn't mean it is good and vice versa.  I think alot of people consider this one of their best.   

Warning is one of my favorites.  I also consider it a stepping stone towards American Idiot.  It was their transition from young punks to more serious subjects.  However, it may not have been a huge commercial success at the time, but I don't think it is considered a weak album.  Just because an album is commercially successful doesn't mean it is good and vice versa.  I think alot of people consider this one of their best.   

I think some people do consider it weak because it's "less punk", "more mainstream" etc. but I absolutely love it so idc about those people

I think some people do consider it weak because it's "less punk", "more mainstream" etc. but I absolutely love it so idc about those people

You are never going to find an album that everyone likes.  But, I think in hindsight Warning is not considered weak.  Maybe it is less punk than their previous but part of the reason they have survived so long and are in the rock hall is their ability to adapt and change.  Warning is one of the albums that show that.    

I honestly think some of the songs on Warning may be the most "punk" songs they've done, when you consider the album's lyrical content and themes, as well as its departure from their usual style. And that's coming from an AI fangirl.

I honestly think some of the songs on Warning may be the most "punk" songs they've done, when you consider the album's lyrical content and themes, as well as its departure from their usual style. And that's coming from an AI fangirl.

Regardless of whether it's punk or not, it's GD and this is an awesome album. Yes, I do agree there's punk in this album too

Damn, I'm sad this topic has so few replies :(

Warning is amazing. I didn't have a chance to listen to it yesterday but will definitely do so today. The music on there is so different from anything else they've done and as I always say around this time of year, it has some of Billie Joe's best songwriting ever. 

Damn, I'm sad this topic has so few replies :(

Warning is amazing. I didn't have a chance to listen to it yesterday but will definitely do so today. The music on there is so different from anything else they've done and as I always say around this time of year, it has some of Billie Joe's best songwriting ever. 

I agree this is when they matured in their songwriting. I think in terms of songwriting, Warning, AI and 21CB are their bests

Love Warning! When I was a kid I memorized the album's lyrics in one day.

Deadbeat Holiday is probably my favorite but Jackass unfortunately goes under the radar way too often. And Hold On is great because anything Beej uses a harmonica for is automatically gold. 

One of my personal favorites. It was the album that got me back into Green Day in junior high. I came home from school and put on TRL and low and behold it was the world premiere of the Minority video and I was like "yeah!". 

A couple weeks later I watched that "First Listen" thing on MTV and remember being blown away by Blood, Sex and Booze. On the 3rd I got done with 7th hour health class, hopped on my bike and went to my local shithole mall to pick up a copy.

Also remember staying up late to watch "Live Without Warning" and taping all their late night TV appearances. Good times.

I was 14 when Warning came out. I used to play it through my TV using my Sega Dreamcast, hahaha. I loved it. All my friends and peers hated it. I could tell how it was going to lead the band to grow and evolve to something greater, musically.

Warning and Dookie are, in my opinion, Green Day's finest albums.  I was 16 when it came out and I remember driving to Best Buy immediately after school to buy it on release day.  Ah memories.

I actually think Insomniac-Nimrod-Warning are the build-up to the peak of Green Day's career, where the guys just really started branching out and showed their versatility and stuff. (AI would be the climax.) So no, totally not a 'weak' album at all. It was not the album that's shit - the public reception at the time was.

I actually think Insomniac-Nimrod-Warning are the build-up to the peak of Green Day's career, where the guys just really started branching out and showed their versatility and stuff. (AI would be the climax.) So no, totally not a 'weak' album at all. It was not the album that's shit - the public reception at the time was.

I don't see it as weak, it's my favourite gd album. I'm just saying that some fans and critics consider(ed) it weaker than other albums.

Minority the best track from Warning - only Green Day can make it a 8-9 minute song live :)

Forgot to mention that the Warning tour was the first time I saw Green Day live. It was my present for my 15th birthday. It was August 5th, 2001 at the Bill Graham Civic in San Francisco. Great concert. I remember that Billie Joe took a large flashlight and shined it into the balcony shouting "STAND UP!!! STAND UP YOU A**HOLES!!! THIS ISN'T F*CKING TELEVISION!!!" Ahhh... Warning will forever have a special place in my heart.

Forgot to mention that the Warning tour was the first time I saw Green Day live. It was my present for my 15th birthday. It was August 5th, 2001 at the Bill Graham Civic in San Francisco. Great concert. I remember that Billie Joe took a large flashlight and shined it into the balcony shouting "STAND UP!!! STAND UP YOU A**HOLES!!! THIS ISN'T F*CKING TELEVISION!!!" Ahhh... Warning will forever have a special place in my heart.

I'd love to see Green Day live. Hopefully I'll get the chance on their next tour

Warning is why I stated listening to Green Day. It's an absolutley fantastic album. I love the more acoustic sound to the songs and that they did a bit of experimenting wit their sound on the brilliant Misery. Classic tracks, Blood Sex and Booze, Castaway, Waiting, Minority. I also love Fashion Victim, Deadbeat holiday and Jackass. Brilliant album, definitley one of my favourite Green Day albums, maybe even my favourite, and the album I would recommend to a non green day fan.

Archived