Wake up Billie Joe!

Liam

Well they're not fans, they are fanboys and fanboys get buttmad for every little shit.

They're newbies. As soon as they find out the only way to survive here  (unless you're Hermione) is to pretend you're too cool to actually like Green Day, they will start. Everyone does. (and fanboys secretly.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Billie wrote WMUWSE because I always know when it's the first day of October! :) 

I don't think it makes any difference if someone knows what the song is about or not, the joke is purely about the title and is in no way related to the subject of the song so it isn't "joking about his father's death" in any way shape or form. The only offensive thing about it is how corny it is :lol:. I'm not sure why so many fans assume Billie would be easily offended by a joke (when all the evidence suggests he likes near the knuckle/potentially offensive humour) or thinks it's their job to be offended on his behalf about something he's never even taken the time to comment on.

I think you've already mentioned you think it sucks :P, it's still quite absurd to make fun of someone for liking a Green Day album on a Green Day forum.

I see your point, but it's quite unpopular on here :P

I see your point, but it's quite unpopular on here :P

No it's not. Just because a lot of people dislike it, still just as many people (if not more) could like the trilogy. If you go onto the official music videos for the singles on YouTube, there are quite a few dislikes but the majority are Likes

No it's not. Just because a lot of people dislike it, still just as many people (if not more) could like the trilogy. If you go onto the official music videos for the singles on YouTube, there are quite a few dislikes but the majority are Likes

I said it was unpopular on here, not generally :D . There are good songs in the trilogy, the songs with music videos are the better songs, however there are a lot of filler songs, paticularly on dos.

I said it was unpopular on here, not generally :D . There are good songs in the trilogy, the songs with music videos are the better songs, however there are a lot of filler songs, paticularly on dos.

No, just because the people who dislike the trilogy voice their opinions about it here more than the people who do like it, doesn't mean more people dislike the trilogy. I think in general, they're probably the most "hated" gd albums or the least favourites but still, more of the gd fans like them than dislike them

No, just because the people who dislike the trilogy voice their opinions about it here more than the people who do like it, doesn't mean more people dislike the trilogy. I think in general, they're probably the most "hated" gd albums or the least favourites but still, more of the gd fans like them than dislike them

I'm speaking from experience :)

Yeah pretty sure this is true, when the albums came out most people were saying they liked them. Not many people's all time favourite Green Day albums or anything but I think it is only a vocal minority who actually dislike them.

Oh, I actually had no idea he and Joey were living in NYC together with his niece.... xD But I get that it hurt the niece, it was her grandpa after all too... I actually can't imagine that he would say something about it either. He just doesn't seem like the type who says "stop making fun of me!! that's so mean! :(".
He may be mad or annoyed about it and roll his eyes in private but I doubt he would make a statement to stop them.

I think most of the people who joke about it only know the title of the song and have maybe heard it a few times but don't know the lyrics, because it's pretty obvious that it's about his father's death ("like my father's come to pass, twenty years have gone so fast..."). But yeah, insensitive asses exist so there's no point in convincing them to be better. :P 

God, I hate that goddamn story. It's so obviously fake that I wonder how people can actually fall for it. The fact that it's about his father dying of cancer when he was a kid should be enough to convince decent people to stop cracking the same old joke again and again, they seriously don't need to romanticize it into a cliché sob story to make people feel sorry for him. 

Yes Joey posts A LOT on social media and answers fans and confirmed that they (Joey, Billie and his niece) were living in NYC and posted a lot of pics of himself with Billie hanging out there. He and Seb (from Swimmers or whatever way they spell it now!) also posted pictures of themselves with Billie and his niece from their NYC apartment on Thanksgiving that were posted on here last year. To be honest I can see how Billie would be pissed that people would make a joke about something like a song about his dead dad except that 90% of people don't have a clue it's about that like I said so he probably brushes it off. He probably deserves to be more pissed at people who think iHeartRadio is hysterical and there are loads. He more than likely accepts the simple fact that being a public figure means you automatically attract ridicule and criticism and the majority of people can't wait to see you crash and burn for their sick amusement but the reward for that fame/status is the ability to do what you truly love and inspire generations of people with your art and talents. In short I really believe he doesn't give a fuck.

Well not really our problem he didn't name the song "Don't Wake Me Up When September Ends"

95% of people have fucking terrible taste in music, with that percentage rising to 99% in Green Day fans. This explains how The Trilogy sold more than 17 copies. Put together.

Yeah pretty sure this is true, when the albums came out most people were saying they liked them. Not many people's all time favourite Green Day albums or anything but I think it is only a vocal minority who actually dislike them.

Yeah, I actually talk shit about the trilogy while listening to it non-stop. I'm just professionally hatin'.

(Granted, I do think that they're not up to the standards of most of the earlier records, but they're not totally unlistenable, and they're not as crappy as haters make them out to be. Okay, maybe except for The Forgotten. :p)

Archived