Wake up Billie Joe!

Liam

Seriously, Facebook?

23u6jb5.png

:lol: Amazing

No, I don't believe he said anything about that, it's probably just annoyed GD fans trying to get people to stop with the annoying WMUWSE jokes. He might have said it, but I don't believe he did.

Yeah he hasn't said anything about it. I think Green Day's twitter or something has even made a joke about it before, there's no evidence to suggest he's bothered by it.

And I think the fact that the band is happy for Tre to complete the last line of JAR, a song about a friend dying, by shouting "SUCK BIG TITTIES!" when they play it live indicates they're probably not that sensitive about jokes based on serious songs.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Billie secretely hates us. 

Why would he?  He is a multi-millionaire because of us.

Why would he?  He is a multi-millionaire because of us.

He's a ungrateful cunt! No, haha jk. Lots of fans tend to see him as someone who's very touchy about everything anyone says about him and I think it's literally impossible because the guy would have already given up if he were so oversensitive and secondly, he lives a normal life. He's not nearly as obsessed with Green Day as we are :D I believe he keeps a good distance from us and isn't bothered by jokes. 

He's a ungrateful cunt! No, haha jk. Lots of fans tend to see him as someone who's very touchy about everything anyone says about him and I think it's literally impossible because the guy would have already given up if he were so oversensitive and secondly, he lives a normal life. He's not nearly as obsessed with Green Day as we are :D I believe he keeps a good distance from us and isn't bothered by jokes. 

He probably secretly thinks we're creeps. Or maybe we give him the creeps? Anyone get that Basket Case joke? Anyone? No?

Does this mean we get 6 more weeks of September?

... Why?

... Why?

Because Billie didn't wake up and see his shadow. That's how this works.

Because Billie didn't wake up and see his shadow. That's how this works.

Does his black eyeshadow count?

I'm pretty sure Billie secretely hates us. 

The fucker gave us the trilogy. That's an obvious sign that he does.

tell me this is fake

Also, I don't know if it was here or on tumblr somewhere (probably both) but people said that Billie Joe said multiple times that these September jokes annoy him and that people should stop. Did he really? oO I've never seen anything about him saying that. Anybody know when and where he could have said this?

I can't recall Billie ever saying anything himself but I do remember seeing a screencapture someone put on instagram from his nieces twitter (you know the one Paris whom he and Joey were living in NYC with last year...which evidently encouraged fans to stalk her twitter) which ranted about how insensitive the joke was and how much it hurt. 

I would like to point out that the majority of people who make the joke have zero clue what the song is about and duh it lends itself to an obvious pun. It's one of their biggest selling singles they've had and he's a multi millionaire Rockstar (thanks to same people making the jokes)...I'm sure he can ignore an annual joke that actually is a reminder of how huge their band was (EVERYONE knows the lyrics to that song) because he's also old enough to understand that random people who hear a song on the radio (repeatedly!) still won't automatically know the writers meaning behind the lyrics unless they are REALLY straightforward.

Also would people fuck off with that dickhead story some twelve year old fanfiction writer invented about Billie running home after the funeral and hiding in his room and saying wake me up when September ends. I literally want to slap everyone who mentions that. 

The fucker gave us the trilogy. That's an obvious sign that he does.

How dare he give his fans 3 albums worth of music!

How dare he give his fans 3 albums worth of music!

That's the thing, it was 1 album worth, spread across 3 albums with a fair amount of filler.

That's the thing, it was 1 album worth, spread across 3 albums with a fair amount of filler.

Some of the tracks that you dislike or see as filler might be other people's favourite tracks. It's your opinion. And just because you may have liked 1 albums-worth of the trilogy, doesn't mean it wasn't 3 albums worth of music. Plenty of people like all 3 albums

Some of the tracks that you dislike or see as filler might be other people's favourite tracks. It's your opinion. And just because you may have liked 1 albums-worth of the trilogy, doesn't mean it wasn't 3 albums worth of music. Plenty of people like all 3 albums

You could've become VERY popular kids if you came here in 2013. :P

I can't recall Billie ever saying anything himself but I do remember seeing a screencapture someone put on instagram from his nieces twitter (you know the one Paris whom he and Joey were living in NYC with last year...which evidently encouraged fans to stalk her twitter) which ranted about how insensitive the joke was and how much it hurt. 

I would like to point out that the majority of people who make the joke have zero clue what the song is about and duh it lends itself to an obvious pun. It's one of their biggest selling singles they've had and he's a multi millionaire Rockstar (thanks to same people making the jokes)...I'm sure he can ignore an annual joke that actually is a reminder of how huge their band was (EVERYONE knows the lyrics to that song) because he's also old enough to understand that random people who hear a song on the radio (repeatedly!) still won't automatically know the writers meaning behind the lyrics unless they are REALLY straightforward.

Also would people fuck off with that dickhead story some twelve year old fanfiction writer invented about Billie running home after the funeral and hiding in his room and saying wake me up when September ends. I literally want to slap everyone who mentions that. 

Oh, I actually had no idea he and Joey were living in NYC together with his niece.... xD But I get that it hurt the niece, it was her grandpa after all too... 
I actually can't imagine that he would say something about it either. He just doesn't seem like the type who says "stop making fun of me!! that's so mean! :(".
He may be mad or annoyed about it and roll his eyes in private but I doubt he would make a statement to stop them.

I think most of the people who joke about it only know the title of the song and have maybe heard it a few times but don't know the lyrics, because it's pretty obvious that it's about his father's death ("like my father's come to pass, twenty years have gone so fast..."). But yeah, insensitive asses exist so there's no point in convincing them to be better. :P 

God, I hate that goddamn story. It's so obviously fake that I wonder how people can actually fall for it. The fact that it's about his father dying of cancer when he was a kid should be enough to convince decent people to stop cracking the same old joke again and again, they seriously don't need to romanticize it into a cliché sob story to make people feel sorry for him. 

lol good one 

lol good one 

Some Green Day fans on a Green Day forum like a Green Day album. How shocking and hilarious :P 

Some Green Day fans on a Green Day forum like a Green Day album. How shocking and hilarious :P 

as long as the forum is gdc, it's at least bizarre :P 

change like a Green Day album to 'The Trilogy' and you're bang on, even through my Rose tinted (Green tinted?) spectacles I can tell the trilogy sucks 

I don't think it makes any difference if someone knows what the song is about or not, the joke is purely about the title and is in no way related to the subject of the song so it isn't "joking about his father's death" in any way shape or form. The only offensive thing about it is how corny it is. I'm not sure why so many fans assume Billie would be easily offended by a joke (when all the evidence suggests he likes near the knuckle/potentially offensive humour) or thinks it's their job to be offended on his behalf about something he's never even taken the time to comment on.

change like a Green Day album to 'The Trilogy' and you're bang on, even through my Rose tinted (Green tinted?) spectacles I can tell the trilogy sucks 

I think you've already mentioned you think it sucks :P, it's still quite absurd to make fun of someone for liking a Green Day album on a Green Day forum.

Well they're not fans, they are fanboys and fanboys get buttmad for every little shit.

Archived