Wake up Billie Joe!

Liam

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Sarcasm locked this topic
  • Sarcasm unlocked this topic

YOU HEARTLESS BITCH! !! HOW DARE YOU HURT MY BAE??? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HOW DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD FEEL IF SOMEONE JOKED ABOUT YOUR DAD DYING? HOW EVEN FUCKING DARE U? I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE AS UNEMPHATIC AS KAY WITH HER ONE MINUTE THREAD BUT NOW YOU Have SHOWN your TRUE COLORS! I'M ASHAMED OF THIS FORUM!!!

Give him one fucking minute to wake up, he's not Justin Bieber motherfucker.

This thread was locked? Why is it open again? Looks like the mods want a shitstorm...

63060963.jpg

This thread was locked? Why is it open again? Looks like the mods want a shitstorm...

I don't even know who closed it or reopened it :lol:. Doubt there's much chance of a shitstorm over a silly joke that Liam makes every year though.

haha this is funny because of that wake me up when september ends song.

Oh hahahah. Now I get it. That is funny. Hahahah

I don't even know who closed it or reopened it :lol:. Doubt there's much chance of a shitstorm over a silly joke that Liam makes every year though.

You have a mole on the team :ninja:

YOU HEARTLESS BITCH! !! HOW DARE YOU HURT MY BAE??? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HOW DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD FEEL IF SOMEONE JOKED ABOUT YOUR DAD DYING? HOW EVEN FUCKING DARE U? I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE AS UNEMPHATIC AS KAY WITH HER ONE MINUTE THREAD BUT NOW YOU Have SHOWN your TRUE COLORS! I'M ASHAMED OF THIS FORUM!!!

Ugh. This is the type of shit I see on the Defend Pop Punk Group via Facebook. But these folks are super cereal about it & discuss the times they delivered pizza to his mother.

ThanksUgh. This is the type of shit I see on the Defend Pop Punk Group via Facebook. But these folks are super cereal about it & discuss the times they delivered pizza to his mother.

hks

I closed it but then I felt bad

The amount of messages I've received from people just this morning telling me to wake up Billie Joe is overwhelming. 

I closed it but then I felt bad

Good to know someone cares about poor Liam's feelings

I can't wait until this is no longer a thing. Which will probably be never. :lol:

Hey Everyone,

With Labor Day signifying that summer has come and passed, and that the beginning of the Autumnal month known as September has arrived, I’m here to ask you: Don’t wake me up until the end of the month.

I don’t quite know what it is that makes me hate this month so much. Maybe it’s the rapidly shortening days. Maybe it’s all of the bright and colorful foliage contrasting with my black eyeliner. Maybe it’s the fact that my dad died in September 33 years ago. It’s probably the foliage. Whatever the reason, I’d really rather not be awake this month – and I ask that you kindly leave me be in my month-long almost-coma.

And I know what you’re thinking: “Billie, there’s no way you can just sleep through these next 30 days. It’s humanly impossible.” That’s where you’re wrong. Let me lay this out for you: Ever since 2004, I have been perfecting a system – a system so intricate, so complicated, that even the slightest interference could leave the entire neighborhood where I live in burning desolation. I have hooked up a contraption of various tubes and systems that will give me exactly what I need to survive peacefully, healthfully, and – most importantly – asleep for the next four weeks. I have an IV drip of Lunesta that keeps me on the border of asleep and “in a coma.” I have a feeding tube filled with a mix of kale, tofu, Twinkies, and black coffee to make sure I’m fulfilling my punk rock nutritional needs. I have a sonic transmission broadcast machine stimulating my brain with a mash-up of Beethoven’s Fifth and London Calling. I have everything I need.

There’s no talking me out of it this time. Every year for the past eleven years, I asked and begged and pleaded for you people to just let me rest for a mere 720 hours – and every goddamn year you insist on keeping me awake. You say spending a month in a Lunesta-induced dream state is “bad for me” and “fundamentally incongruous with what the human body is supposed to do,” but this year you’re not stopping me. You can’t – because I’m already asleep.

Yes, as of midnight, I have been peacefully dreaming about little puppies covered in mascara singing Everly Brothers songs to me. I am asleep, and it will be impossible to wake me up until the end of the month. Like I said, my sleep system is highly volatile. If you attempt to shut it off or wake me up, the entirety of Piedmont, California will look like the cover of Dookie. It’s too late now, so you need to just accept that this is how things will be.

I’m happy like this. This is what I need. My memory is resting, and in 30 days I’ll be ready to ring the bells again, like we did when spring began.

So please, please – just wake me up when September ends.

Sincerely,
Billie Joe Armstrong

Archived