Nimrod with E-flat Tuning

DookieLukie

hitchin a ride sounds pretty cool and heavy, if only the voices didn't sound so dumb but nothing you can do about that

shit, it does sound live though. Idk, I wouldn't say it was any better or worse, just not what my ears are used to listening to after 10 years lol. 

Wow that's weird :lol:, sounds a lot "tougher". Very interesting to hear, the original way is obviously better but it is pretty cool.

Wow, I can't decide if I hated that or not.  I do agree that some of the faster, more upbeat songs, such as Hitchin' A Ride  and Scattered sound fine, but songs like Redundant and Walking Along sound awful.  I think what bothers me most is that at this point in their career they were looking to take some chances and step out of their comfort zone.  I think they did a great job with that on Nimrod.  They still had some more "traditional" type songs, but the tuning made them slightly different.  Then they had very different songs such as Good Riddance, Redundant and Walking Alone.  I think changing the tuning changed the effect of the whole album.  It seemed less of a change, of a move forward.    

• 2 years later...

I decided to listen to this today and i have 2 problems with this:

1. They used the demo of Good Riddance instead of the album version.

2. They tuned Uptight down half a step despite already being in Eb tuning although to be fair all of these half step down albums don't consider how songs are recorded in different tunings, such as how the International Superhits half step down video has the E songs in Eb and the Eb songs in D.

Anyways, i thought i'd rank each song into one of 3 categories:

Better in Eb:

Hitchin' A Ride

Jinx/Haushinka

Take Back

Equal:

Nice Guys Finish Last

Scattered

All The Time

Worry Rock

Platypus (I Hate You)

Last Ride In

Better in E:

The Grouch

Redundant

Uptight (originally in Eb, sounds better in Eb than D)

Walking Alone

Reject

King For A Day

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Prosthetic Head

It appears that all of the videos of Nimrod are being taken off YouTube including the ones in Eb so here's a playlist i made using all of the songs i tuned down to Eb.

Also, here's a playlist where it's a mix of E and Eb for those of you like me who prefer some songs in Eb and others in E.

I sure wish that these full album videos weren't being taken down as that usually means that a band's going off YouTube.

Archived