Happy Third Birthday ¡Uno!

Steven Seagull

I didn't say I think AI is shit. AI is shit :D by GD standards. It's a fact.

Well obviously it's not since it's their 2nd best selling album and probably their most well known album. Also you stating AI is shit as if it's a fact because of your opinion makes you seem like a douche... But I still don't understand. How can you like Uno but not like AI? What is it that makes Uno (or the trilogy in general) reign supreme over AI

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well obviously it's not since it's their 2nd best selling album and probably their most well known album. Also you stating AI is shit as if it's a fact because of your opinion makes you seem like a douche... But I still don't understand. How can you like Uno but not like AI? What is it that makes Uno (or the trilogy in general) reign supreme over AI

I am a douche :P I am a fan of old green day sound and the trilogy returned to that while AI and 21CB were way to complex and awful in general. 

I am a douche :P I am a fan of old green day sound and the trilogy returned to that while AI and 21CB were way to complex and awful in general. 

Well... Being a douche wouldn't be something i'd be proud to be but whatever works for you... Alright, it's fair enough if you didn't like the complexity rock opera style of AI and 21CB but you can't deny that both albums are musically and lyrically genius

Well... Being a douche wouldn't be something i'd be proud to be but whatever works for you... Alright, it's fair enough if you didn't like the complexity rock opera style of AI and 21CB but you can't deny that both albums are musically and lyrically genius

Yes I can

Yes I can

.... So you're telling me that you think the lyrics of the trilogy are better than AI or 21CB lyrics? I love the trilogy but it has some cringeworthy lyrics. "I like your BM-excellent tits with a tattoo of a pig sniffin' glue"

.... So you're telling me that you think the lyrics of the trilogy are better than AI or 21CB lyrics? I love the trilogy but it has some cringeworthy lyrics. "I like your BM-excellent tits with a tattoo of a pig sniffin' glue"

I never cared about lyrics too much. I like things simple that's why I like Dookie and Nimrod. I don't need 7+ minutes bullshit songs.   The only exception on AI is WMUWSE. That song is great the others are meh. Good for modern music standards but shit for GD standards.

I never cared about lyrics too much. I like things simple that's why I like Dookie and Nimrod. I don't need 7+ minutes bullshit songs.   The only exception on AI is WMUWSE. That song is great the others are meh. Good for modern music standards but shit for GD standards.

... Ok, I'm done with you

.... So you're telling me that you think the lyrics of the trilogy are better than AI or 21CB lyrics? I love the trilogy but it has some cringeworthy lyrics. "I like your BM-excellent tits with a tattoo of a pig sniffin' glue"

"this line is BMX-cellent" - Hermione 

I believe that was the line that got Billie voted one of the 100 best songwriters of all time.

I believe that was the line that got Billie voted one of the 100 best songwriters of all time.

I'm sure it was...

I love how the trilogy's lyrics are apparently all so terrible but only one deliberately silly joke line is ever given as an example :D 

We all agree that Kill The DJ was awesome! :D Actually there's not a single bad song on the album, they're all just so catchy and awesome.

*Cough* Fell for you, *Cough* Loss Of Control, *Cough* Troublemaker

Go away, fell for you is perfect!!!

I actually agree with you!  Well almost perfect, I didn't need to hear that he thought he pissed the bed, other than that, perfect!!!

I actually agree with you!  Well almost perfect, I didn't need to hear that he thought he pissed the bed, other than that, perfect!!!

Billie once wakes up with a cold sweat and sleeps over his own vomit, and now he wakes up with a pool of sweat and thinks that he pissed on his bed. All I know is if I lived with Billie, I definitely wouldn't want to share my bed with him.

Troublemaker is kind of good. Angel Blue is just unlistenable.

Billie once wakes up with a cold sweat and sleeps over his own vomit, and now he wakes up with a pool of sweat and thinks that he pissed on his bed. All I know is if I lived with Billie, I definitely wouldn't want to share my bed with him.

#menstuff

I agree. An if Loss of Control didn't have such a tame sound it would be pretty entertaining, too.

This album would have definitely benefited from heavily distorted guitars. Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Carpe Diem, Angel Blue, Rusty James and Oh Love could all have been so much biggers sounding. That said I really enjoy Oh Love, Kill The Dj, Stay the Night and Nuclear Family.

Archived