Where Is Billie, Mike and Tre on the Dookie cover art?

Insomniac85

I remember Billie saying that the band was on the Dookie album cover. I been looking and never found them. Anyone know where they're located?

I remember Billie saying that the band was on the Dookie album cover. I been looking and never found them. Anyone know where they're located?

As far as I know they're not on there. Could you be thinking of Insomniac? That cover has three "hidden" (but not really) skulls on it, apparently the band has said they represent the three band members.

Actually I'd like to know if it's definitely true that the band themselves said that about the skulls, if anyone knows? Seems kind of silly :P

And of course if I'm wrong about Dookie and they did say that I'd like to know that too!

Yeah I read a piece that was on Wikipedia where Billie said they're hidden on there. I don't think they are though because I strained my eyes looking for that shit lol.

Here's the piece that Billie said they were in the artwork: I wanted the art work to look really different. I wanted it to represent the East Bay and where we come from, because there's a lot of artists in the East Bay scene that are just as important as the music. So we talked to Richie Bucher. He did a 7-inch cover for this band called Raooul that I really liked. He's also been playing in bands in the East Bay for years. There's pieces of us buried on the album cover. There's one guy with his camera up in the air taking a picture with a beard. He took pictures of bands every weekend at Gilman's. The robed character that looks like the Mona Lisa is the woman on the cover of the first Black Sabbath album. AC/DC guitarist Angus Young is in there somewhere too. The graffiti reading "Twisted Dog Sisters" refers to these two girls from Berkeley. I think the guy saying "The fritter, fat boy" was a reference to a local cop.[24]

I think when he said "there's pieces of us buried on the album cover" he didn't mean that there's literally drawings of them on there. I think he meant the things he described afterwards represent the place and scene they're from, and therefore represent them. The guy who took pictures at Gilman and the graffiti about two girls from Berkeley etc are the "pieces of us".

Did you guys know that there was another Dookie cover art that was supposed to be the cover art with the American flag ?

Can't find the pic .

Archived