Billie Joe on the list of "100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time" by Rolling Stone

ThranaM

The fact Jay Z is ranked higher than Marvin Gaye Sam Cooke and Curtis Mayfield alone invalidated the list to me

1 person disagreeing with him being on the list, 1 person agreeing with his position, 1 person saying he should be higher and 4 people writing off the list completely. Oh GDC :lol:

I'm with the lists are stupid crowd. They don't mean anything. It's just one person's opinion.

I'm surprised that in that little blurb about Billie, they mentioned the trilogy instead of, well, any other album they have made. Don't get me wrong, I love the trilogy, but calling it a "mastery of styles throughout rock and roll history" is a bit of a stretch.

I'm surprised that in that little blurb about Billie, they mentioned the trilogy instead of, well, any other album they have made. Don't get me wrong, I love the trilogy, but calling it a "mastery of styles throughout rock and roll history" is a bit of a stretch.

perhaps they are drumming up some business - when a casual fan scans the article they may think trilogy - i didnt know GD made 3 albums:dry:

How can they leave Freddie Mercury out of the list? ...

Because it's a shitty Rolling Stone list that a bunch of balding 30 year old alcoholics threw together in 3 hours to justify their paycheck.

Archived