What's the band up to?

Thisnamehasnoreason

I havent been on for awhile so I was hoping to be caught up on what Green Day have been up too! Social events? Album hints? Nervous breakdowns? 

Didn't you hear? They broke up back in May. :(

To actually believe that, your name would have to be Gullible. They were planning on playing in Kentucky until they were NiFucked.

Didn't you hear? They broke up back in May. :(

You sir are a throbbing cockle 

I can not understand that time they are giving ... After the awards in the hall of fame I expected at least a tour :(

This is actually a good question. I was away for the most part too, so I don't know what happened with the whole NiFi thing. From what I understand they were supposed to headline, the festival was cancelled, and fans got mad. Is this accurate because I don't know any of the details such as who else was playing, where the show was, etc. 

Random tidbits of Green Day information:

1. The Nifi Festival was supposed to be the last weekend of August in Kentucky, featuring washed-up rock bands, decent country artists and a bunch of other bands nobody has ever heard of... until it was cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. Shocking.

2. They're going to release an album eventually. Rob Cavallo stated in an interview (with Kerrang, I believe) that Billie Joe has written five songs or so, but they're taking their time.

3. The Hall of Fame weekend in Cleveland was fucking amazing.

4. Billie Joe went to an ocean conservation event this week and looked hot as fuck, sporting short blonde hair.

5. He also played a surprise show in New York City with Norah Jones earlier this summer, and played a majority of the "Foreverly" album with her.

That's all we know right now. Just sit tight and be patient. There's no sense in speculating, because that just makes people anxious, upset and defensive about the band breaking up, etc. Totally pointless.

Jeff Matika said I am an idiot

He's not much of a seagull lover, you could always change your name to Peter Pigeon.

Please can someone fix the typo in the thread title, it's making my arse ache.

According to who?

According to the band, more specifically Billie and Rob Cavallo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived