Green Day discography advices

nuno_c

Hello!

I want to buy a full Green Day studio discography (except for Uno! Dos! Tré! since i already have the box set) and i want to know if you guys think i should buy the albums individually or the box set of studio albums.

Not just because of the price, but also because of booklets and sound. I'm only interested in remastered versions, and i don't know if the box set albums are remastered or not. What do you guys think is the overall best option? Individual albums or the box set?

Thank you!

I would definitely recommend buy them individually. While the box set gets you the same quality and masters of the music, the packaging is lack luster. From what I've heard, each album only comes in a little cardboard sleeve.

If you go individual route, you'll get the plastic cases, the booklet, and whatever else that comes along with it. For collection purposes, I think this is the route to go.

Also if I got the boxsetset I'd feel like all the job is done, you know? I don't know if you're the same, but I like to buy albums slowly and getting excited with each of them :P

If the price is not a huge issue I would recommend buying them individually. 

I don't know if in the boxset the first albums are remastered but I'd say they are? As the boxset came out recently, when they had already put out the remastered versions of the first albums.

Also if I got the boxsetset I'd feel like all the job is done, you know? I don't know if you're the same, but I like to buy albums slowly and getting excited with each of them :P

If the price is not a huge issue I would recommend buying them individually. 

I don't know if in the boxset the first albums are remastered but I'd say they are? As the boxset came put recently, when they had already put out the remastered versions of the first albums.

Thank you!

Btw, do you know what is the year of the remasters?

The boxset has the 2007 remasteres of 1039 and Kerplunk. If you're buying for listening purposes over collecting, it's convenient as fuck. Especially in the car.

Buy them individually on CD and then buy them again on vinyl like I did :) It's so hard to pass up all of the artwork and colored vinyls!

And what albums were remastered in 2007?

1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours compilation and Kerplunk. American Idiot was remastered in 2012 but not released on CD, just on vinyl and digitally through HD Tracks.

I'd agree it's well worth buying them individually. The booklets are really cool to have for the excellent artwork and lyrics (especially Kerplunk with the My Adventure With Green Day story in it), and you don't get them with the boxset.

On the other hand, albums from the box set are pretty cute, they look like miniature vinyls :D And Warning has extra track - 86 live from Prague. I think it's cool to have separate albums and the box set... But I'm a collector, so I'm a little bit crazy about GD stuff :lol:

On the other hand, albums from the box set are pretty cute, they look like miniature vinyls :D And Warning has extra track - 86 live from Prague. I think it's cool to have separate albums and the box set... But I'm a collector, so I'm a little bit crazy about GD stuff :lol:

not all of the boxsets have the bonus track, I believe that's just for the Euro and/or Japanese release. The regular version of Warning for whatever countries also have the bonus track

Agreeing with the buy them individually crowd. Most time, box sets look too ugly and miss out on a lot of art.

not all of the boxsets have the bonus track, I believe that's just for the Euro and/or Japanese release. The regular version of Warning for whatever countries also have the bonus track

I think I didn't see Japanese box set. Do you have any link/pic? 

If your collecting i wouldnt go remastered, i have a remastered warner version of smoothed out slappy hours and i dont even listen to it because i have the original cds the songs came on, and if your collecting look for a good quality large file size media player that way you can keep your cds in a case and wont get warn from use idealy dont open them idealy dont get cds get vinyls idealy get autographed copies but thats just my opinion man

• 3 weeks later...

Individually for sure I'm a huge sucker for album art and having the CDs in their respectable jewel cases.

Archived