Sign in to follow this  
BetterThanAir

Mac DeMarco/Makeout Videotape

BetterThanAir

As you guys have probably seen, I've been recently obsessed with Mac DeMarco and his former band, Makeout Videotape, for quite a while now!  He is a twenty-five year old Canadian indie-rock artist, and I think he is absolutely incredible. I love his personality and his music. It isn't normally my taste, but I've become obsessed with him. He had a concert in Toronto, which I sadly couldn't go to, but I'm hoping to see him live someday. 

This is probably my favourite song by him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_ou4CZlNQ

I'm hoping someone else out there likes him...or at least wants to listen to him so I have someone to talk to!

• Like 1

inthehallwaynow

Mac demarco is a legend and also did one of my top 5 favorite covers

• Like 1

ghesboro

I had never heard of Mac DeMarco before. Indie rock is not my cup of tea, but this guy can pull it off. The cover art for Ying Yang is the cherry on top :lol:

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

LOL He's so cute. :wub: His speaking and singing voice are so beautiful. Also, I haven't seen this, OMG it's so good!!!

I had never heard of Mac DeMarco before. Indie rock is not my cup of tea, but this guy can pull it off. The cover art for Ying Yang is the cherry on top :lol:

Same here and I totally agree. He's super talented and can win over so many people. AND YES LOL He drew that cover when he was super bored...it's so depressing he and Alex Calder had a falling out, otherwise, Makeout Videotape would still be a thing. :cry: One of the best songs on that album (apart from Future Boy and Island Groovies) is Terry Paranych, and I think it's so funny because they made that song about a real estate agent in Edmonton who they said had very annoying commercials/advertisements LOL

Here it is. :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWL5mtVOvwA

• Like 1

ghesboro

Same here and I totally agree. He's super talented and can win over so many people. AND YES LOL He drew that cover when he was super bored...it's so depressing he and Alex Calder had a falling out, otherwise, Makeout Videotape would still be a thing. :cry: One of the best songs on that album (apart from Future Boy and Island Groovies) is Terry Paranych, and I think it's so funny because they made that song about a real estate agent in Edmonton who they said had very annoying commercials/advertisements LOL

Here it is. :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWL5mtVOvwA

I don't know why but Makeout Videotape reminds me of Mudhoney somehow, especially Terry Paranych. Good stuff :toocool: And thank you for the link! 

BetterThanAir

I don't know why but Makeout Videotape reminds me of Mudhoney somehow, especially Terry Paranych. Good stuff :toocool: And thank you for the link! 

They have the same style as Ty Segall...not sure if you know of him! And of course. :toocool:

OMG I think I might have found someone to go see him with me!

• Like 1

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Going to see him at a sold out show at ABC here in Glasgow at the start of September, really looking forward to it. He seems like a great guy and easy to get on with, there's a bar called Nice N Sleazys you always see bands in after shows here, hopefully will get to meet him after.

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

Going to see him at a sold out show at ABC here in Glasgow at the start of September, really looking forward to it. He seems like a great guy and easy to get on with, there's a bar called Nice N Sleazys you always see bands in after shows here, hopefully will get to meet him after.

OMGGG You are so lucky! :wub: If you do get to meet him let me know what he's like and take lots of photos. Hopefully I get to see him in a few weekends. He's so lovely and amazing. :wub: 

• Like 1

youngreendayvet

When I saw this video it kind of bugged me. Mac seems like a good guy, but he really didn't treat that song with the reverence it deserved in the intro. If it wasn't for Weezer Mac wouldn't have a career.  

inthehallwaynow

When I saw this video it kind of bugged me. Mac seems like a good guy, but he really didn't treat that song with the reverence it deserved in the intro. If it wasn't for Weezer Mac wouldn't have a career.  

dont agree with that one bit

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

I am agreeing with Matt. Mac's personality is really chill and funny, and his success did NOT by any means relate to anything Weezer has done, or what he has done in reference to Weezer. 

• Like 1

The Great Saiyaman

Gotta love his face during those "spoken word" parts.

youngreendayvet

He kind of mocked it for being simple. Maybe I'm just hyper sensitive when it comes to one of my favorite bands/songs.

BetterThanAir

I like Weezer quite a bit and knowing his personality I don't think he mocked it. He acts this way with everything he likes, and he even does this kind of stuff to himself.

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

I am uploading picture and some cut videos of my amazing show I was at yesterday on my Instagram so if you want to see them my username on there is faithlesseye

He is even more beautiful in person and so cute and funny and brb dying *swoooon*

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

Makeout Videotape's only "formal" album received it's first physical release on vinyl yesterday! :wub: The copies are limited to only 1,200 copies. My favourite Mac song ever is on that album too...Future Boy! 

Here is the site which they are for sale on. You can also view the photo gallery and see the pretty cute shirts for sale, too. :P http://thursdayfriday.club/

On another note, Mac finished his four day New York City set and these are my two favourite pictures from those shows.

mac-demarco-44.jpg

mac-demarco-4.jpg

EDIT: Adding more omg :wub:

mac-demarco-7.jpg

mac-demarco-11.jpg

Here are the rest LOL: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/08/mac_demarco_wra.html

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

King

• Like 1

So yeah, Mac live is absolutely sublime. Everything just works. Great atmosphere.

• Like 1

BetterThanAir

So yeah, Mac live is absolutely sublime. Everything just works. Great atmosphere.

His sense of humour is literally mine to a T. He's perfect. :wub:

• Like 1

Also found out Kevin Parker, the main man from Tame Impala, arrived in Glasgow a day early ahead of tonight's gig that I am literally leaving in ten minutes to go to, and was also at the Mac show! And then they met each other and hung out! Kevin Parker and Mac DeMarco hanging out in Glasgow is just the most beautiful thing.

BetterThanAir

BetterThanAir

SLAYYYYY

BetterThanAir

This song was released a few days ago! It's a B-side to his album 2. It keeps getting deleted everywhere it's uploaded, so if you want to listen to it before it gets deleted again, now's a good time. :lol: 

• Like 1