Billie joe singing high notes

brutal-xkid

Ive seen you guys saying that Billie sings a high note in 21 guns and when he sings nobody likes you. NOPE Its not even close to be high notes. His highest singing is when he screams at the crowd like in Missing you Rock m ring live, when he sings "It gets so hard when IM MISSSSINNG YAA.

Cool story bro, don't get too brutal on me

If you don't have anything useful to add to this topic don't post in it

Cool story bro, don't get too brutal on me

Also when he screams right at the end of the 21 gins AAF MMKAY? Heeeelllooo

Hmm I think highest sung note and highest note of any kind (eg screamed) are two different things really. His highest notes sung on an album are in 21 Guns and Restless Heart Syndrome I think? Be interesting to know the highest sung live and the highest screamed live though.

Also even though it wouldn't be as interesting as this one :P, it'd be cool if there was one of these things for Billie:

So Hermione won't get mad, he actually gets to A5 in makeout party

Hmm I think highest sung note and highest note of any kind (eg screamed) are two different things really. His highest notes sung on an album are in 21 Guns and Restless Heart Syndrome I think? Be interesting to know the highest sung live and the highest screamed live though.

well Hi. And yeah in 21 guns and restless heart syndrome he uses a different pitch I believe its called head voice, but even for the head voice it wasnt high. When he usually screams at the crowd its not considered screaming, its more like hitting high notes with a cruspy voice or whatever its called. Billie Joe screams in Make out party for example but sings in High way to hell. 

Also even though it wouldn't be as interesting as this one :P, it'd be cool if there was one of these things for Billie:

BTw I love British people YAY. 

So Hermione won't get mad, he actually gets to A5 in makeout party

Much better :P. What part is that?

As I recall, Zac (Tree) worked out all of BJ's range and posted it in the Q&A thread about a year ago. The search function is fucked though so I can't find it.

The highest note reached by him with a normal voice I would say was here

As I recall, Zac (Tree) worked out all of BJ's range and posted it in the Q&A thread about a year ago. The search function is fucked though so I can't find it.

The whole site is and the admins are as well

According to singersavenue.tumblr Billie Joe is a baritone with a range from F2 to E5. Not sure how creditable that is, but I definitely agree with him being a baritone.

Depends if we're talking full-voice or head-voice/falsetto. I've never seen that She's a Rebel clip but DAMN, he really was at his best during that time period. That is likely the highest I've heard him in full-voice (which is far more impressive to me than most falsetto anyway). 

His full-voice has always been lower in range, but has steadily gone up it would seem, with 21CB era being where he hit the highest notes. Though as I've mentioned on GDC before, his voice was higher in Cleveland than I've really heard it (at least speaking voice was). With some good vocal training (or rest, whichever works) I could see him hitting higher full-voice notes with more accuracy. 

His full-voice has always been lower in range, but has steadily gone up it would seem, with 21CB era being where he hit the highest notes.

I would say some of the pre-Dookie stuff is pretty high (no pun intended), at least for him, then it goes back down, then in the later stuff he hits high notes, but in head voice.

According to singersavenue.tumblr Billie Joe is a baritone with a range from F2 to E5. Not sure how creditable that is, but I definitely agree with him being a baritone.

Rotting does all the way down to C2!!!

Okay I'm going to post this in a few spots and get out of here. Yes I'm actually Stephen Michaels in case u listen to my show but anyways Green Day is losing to Pearl Jam right now in Loudwire poll!!

You Green Day fans can not let this happen. Do whatever u can but make sure Green Day wins! There is only a few hours left!!!

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-green-day-best-live-band-quarterfinals/

Rotting does all the way down to C2!!!

That has to be the lowest as well, it's the only song with notes too low for me to reach :lol:

Okay I'm going to post this in a few spots and get out of here. Yes I'm actually Stephen Michaels in case u listen to my show but anyways Green Day is losing to Pearl Jam right now in Loudwire poll!!

You Green Day fans can not let this happen. Do whatever u can but make sure Green Day wins! There is only a few hours left!!!

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-green-day-best-live-band-quarterfinals/

The thread you made is fine, no need to post this in random places 

It depends on what his range is. You may not think it's a high note but if his range is lower it's a high note to him.

Either way, if he can do the "high notes", more credit to him for being a good vocalist :P

Playing Billie Joe in my cover band and singing pretty much every song and having experience in music theory and vocal ranges, the songs that have the highest notes in normal voice are American Eulogy, the second key change of The Static Age, Homecoming, Jesus of Suburbia, and 21st Century Breakdown. Those are the top 5 I would say in no order. 

Archived