What is #ringgate?

The Great Divide

I've been seeing this hashtag in a lot of places around the site and I was wondering what the hell it even means because no one has provided an explanation for it thus far so an explanation would be great :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been seeing this hashtag in a lot of places around the site and I was wondering what the hell it even means because no one has provided an explanation for it thus far so an explanation would be great :)

It's a joke that started after people noticed Billie wasn't wearing his wedding ring at the House of Blues show I think. Not real funny to me, but I'm sure it means a lot more to the people that attended the show :lol:

It was funny for like a day, then people started to have really annoying and unnecessary conversations about him getting divorced. I get that 99% of the people doing it are being ironic, but it's still soooo stupid.

#enoughalready

It was funny for like a day, then people started to have really annoying and unnecessary conversations about him getting divorced. I get that 99% of the people doing it are being ironic, but it's still soooo stupid.

#enoughalready

I'm pretty sure literally everyone who does it on here has only ever done it as a joke/to make fun of the idea that there's people who would actually freak out or form theories over Billie not wearing his wedding ring or other trivial things like that. But yeah, I don't really see the appeal of making the same joke hundreds of times.

But yeah, I don't really see the appeal of making the same joke hundreds of times.

Classic Hermione

But yeah, I don't really see the appeal of making the same joke hundreds of times.

Do you even GDC? :P:D

To some people #ringgate is a sign that the world is ending. Everything they have ever believed in is dead and they can't go on breathing. "What is this LIFE?!"

For others #ringgate is a fun way to rub these folks the wrong way just by dropping "#ringgate".

#ringgate is a phenomenon

Maybe I have a sick sense of humor, but I thought #ringgate was pretty funny. As others have said, you have to laugh at the idiots.

People have really shitty sense of humor these days

People have really shity sense of humor these days

GIF-bored-boring-disinterest-doesnt-care

I can't answer what "#Ringgate" is but I just wanted to state that:

Not wearing his wedding ring isn't such a big deal...it doesn't mean he's getting a divorce!
Maybe it's because the ring snags his guitar strings?

Patrick Stump from fall out boy openly took off his wedding ring during an acoustic performance of "Young volcanoes"

and openly stated to/showed the crowd that the ONLY reason was because it snagged his guitar and made the awful sound when he played with it on...

People these days are so hooked onto the media and so quick to judge and spread useless and pathetic rumors.

:rolleyes::whistle

I can't answer what "#Ringgate" is but I just wanted to state that:

Not wearing his wedding ring isn't such a big deal...it doesn't mean he's getting a divorce!

Maybe it's because the ring snags his guitar strings?

Patrick Stump from fall out boy openly took off his wedding ring during an acoustic performance of "Young volcanoes"

and openly stated to/showed the crowd that the ONLY reason was because it snagged his guitar and made the awful sound when he played with it on...

People these days are so hooked onto the media and so quick to judge and spread useless and pathetic rumors.

:rolleyes::whistle

You said it yourself...you don't know what #ringgate is!

Billie wasn't wearing his ring for about a month before the HOB show and he wasn't doing gigs. He also wasn't wearing it afterwards.

It has nothing to do with protecting the ring...it has everything to do with #ringgate ;p

Other #ringgate investigations show Lady Fucking Cobra was at the HOB show. I mean at that point there is no further need for us to try to even pretend he's even married anymore :D

Oh well , I haven't really researched green day for a long time to be honest :ermm:

So sorry if i come across as not paying attention...lol

Well that does seem a little strange...maybe he just doesn't need to wear it... :runaround:

Oh well , I haven't really researched green day for a long time to be honest :ermm:

So sorry if i come across as not paying attention...lol

Well that does seem a little strange...maybe he just doesn't need to wear it... :runaround:

The irony of this is that those of us that use the term #ringgate really don't care about Billie's marriage or ring but enjoy the terror the use of the term inflicts on those who do. So maybe Billie loves #ringgate too and that's why he doesn't wear it! Yay. Billie loves #ringgate. :D

:lol::D

Now that would make sense

(I'm new to hashtagging malarky that isn't "exactly what it says on the tin") ;)

#ringgatepoetry

#ringgate is why I get up in the morning

#ringgate is why I live

#ringgate is why I breathe

#ringgate is why we have hashtags on gdc

my phone can spell #ringgate automatically now. Oh God.

Edit: still can't believe we have a thread for this. I'd suggest turning this into a spam, but I can't risk a suspension and a withdrawal resulting from it :(

"#ringgate is the air that I breathe, it's the blood that pumps through my veins" - Billie Joe Armstrong

"#ringgate is the air that I breathe, it's the blood that pumps through my veins" - Billie Joe Armstrong

#ringgate is my DNA

Edit: still can't believe we have a thread for this. I'd suggest turning this into a spam, but I can't risk a suspension and a withdrawal resulting from it :(

Don't turn it into a spam. That will only end the discussion prematurely.

Archived