WBWC broadcasting Green Day music for 18 hours

JardyOfSuburbia

Hey, one of my buddies just let me know that Baldwin Wallace's radio station is broadcasting Green Day music for 18 hours today. Apparently they do a different band every week and today it's Green Day.

You can check out the website here (I believe they are streaming) http://wbwc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=632:2015-summer-marathon-schedule-is-here-&catid=2:music&Itemid=20

Give them a listen if you are in the mood!

How fabulous! I wonder if they'll play their whole discography? They could probably fill most of the time just playing each song they've recorded once if they wanted to, they have so many.

How fabulous! I wonder if they'll play their whole discography? They could probably fill most of the time just playing each song they've recorded once if they wanted to, they have so many.

Before the House of Blues show, there was a restaurant (either Jimmy John's or Noodle Cat?) right by the venue playing their entire discography in order. It was odd to hear Governator coming through the speakers.

In other news, WBWC will be bleeping out roughly nine hours of audio today.

Ha! Most likely.

DJ: This song is called "Platypus"!

*BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Two minutes and twenty-one seconds later...

DJ: And that one was "Platypus", off Green Day's 1997 album, "Nimrod".

*BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Lousy FCC...always going in and having to NiFi things.

I always imagined what it would be like if all their discography was played straight through on a station.

I gotta hand it to Ben, we haven't had a nice page ruiner in awhile.

Hahahaha, that one definitely, Kill The DJ, too, if they don't play the radio edit :lol: Half that song's lyrics are 'fuck' 'fucking' 'fucker' and BJ threw in a 'mother fucker' just mix things around a bit :P This is awesome, the one and only time so far I've ever heard GD on the radio, it was Wake Me Up When September Ends at like ten at night, and I had to second guess it, thinking "Naw... This station isn't that cool." Turns out, they were. :D

Fun fact, they aren't censoring anything. They're playing Knowledge right now and "It's looking fucking narrow!" was quite loud.

Edit: They are censoring...they just missed it in Knowledge. :)

Fun fact, they aren't censoring anything. They're playing Knowledge right now and "It's looking fucking narrow!" was quite loud.

It's a college station. Just noticed that. For whatever reason, college stations are generally exempt from decency rules. It was explained to me once, but I can't remember the logic behind it.

It's a college station. Just noticed that. For whatever reason, college stations are generally exempt from decency rules. It was explained to me once, but I can't remember the logic behind it.

I was a DJ in college and we only had an Internet presence, but we still had to censor shit. It was annoying. I hosted a few Green Day shows and I would just turn it down right when they would drop an F-bomb.

I was a DJ in college and we only had an Internet presence, but we still had to censor shit. It was annoying. I hosted a few Green Day shows and I would just turn it down right when they would drop an F-bomb.

You weren't able to obtain already censored versions?

You weren't able to obtain already censored versions?

I mean, we had the singles, but I would bring in all of the deep tracks and didn't have a chance to censor them.

I always imagined what it would be like if all their discography was played straight through on a station.

Probably about like it would be if you played it straight through on iTunes, only with an annoying DJ every couple of songs and four commercial breaks an hour.

This is so cool! I turned it on a few minutes ago and heard St. Jimmy and Green Day. Now it's Brain Stew and Jaded.

Archived