Favorite song from Insomniac ?

YoungBlood

I think Insomniac is Green Day's must underrated album mainly because of the huge success of Dookie that overshadowed it .

It would be great if they played the whole album live next month

My favorite is 86 because of the lyrics relating too 924 Gilman and they played it live on Letterman :).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now my favorite is Stuck With Me. It's fun to play on guitar, and I still don't even know all of the lyrics haha.

In my opinion it's their best album. Stuart and the avenue is the best off it, so glad they played it at house of blues and at gilman more recently

86 and Brain Stew and that's about it. Insomniac is a good example of "trying to hard" to look punk

Stuck With Me :)

It's fun to play on the guitar :P

And Aramatage Shanks and No Pride are runner ups :P

86 and Brain Stew and that's about it. Insomniac is a good example of "trying to hard" to look punk

Bab's Uvula Who is a good example of trying too hard maybe, but I disagree about the rest of the album.

Stuart and the ave or westbound sign. Both so relatable for me and I love the little bass riff at the start of Stuart. Walking contradiction is probably my 3rd favourite, I remember first hearing it when I was about 11 or 12 on International Superhits and feeling so badass :P

I think Geek Stink Breath is a bit like a 2 and a quarter minute long public service announcement about the disadvantages of being a meth head.

Gahh thats tough it fluctuates between Brat, Bab's Uvula Who, and Tight Wad Hill

It's my favorite album! Westbound Sign is probably my favorite, and probably considered one of my favorite Green Day songs off any album. But other than that, it's hard to narrow down my other favorites off the album, i just love it from start to finish :)

I really like it from start to finish too, if I was gonna pick a favorite it'd probably be "Armatage Shanks". :P

I've got to say Stuart and the Ave. it's just so god damn catchy. Plus, I can relate to the lyrics as well.

I really like Armature Shanks and Stuart and the Ave, and other than that I would say Westbound Sign and Brat

Stuck With Me and Armatage Shanks <3

86 :D I also love Westbound Sign and Armatage Shanks, really the lyrics are one of the most twisted and dark of Green Day's catalog, which makes it unique and different.

Armatage Shanks, Panic Song, Westbound Sign are tied.

I kind of like Westbound Sign and Brat, and that's about it. Insomniac is good album, but not great. Why the hell would one need Insomniac if there's Dookie?

Oh dear... I think it would be a tie between Geek Stink Breath and Walking Contradiction, maybe Jaded too

Insomniac is one of my favorites! I also believe it's an underrated album. My favorite song is probably Brat.

Three-way tie amongst Stuart and the Ave., Panic Song and Brain Stew/Jaded.

Archived