Favorite song from Insomniac ?

YoungBlood

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panic Song, I love that intro and the lyric is so pessimistic, 100% Punk Rock.

86 and Stuart and the Ave. are my favorites. I do like this album, an underrated one for sure.

Panic Song would make an awesome opener. In my dreams, they start with that song and it's a BAMF!

Probably Westbound Sign, Bab's Uvula Who, Panic Song, or Do Da Da (real stuck with me) if that counts since it was supposed to be on there lol

1) 'Stuck with Me' - just an amazing energy, great lyrics and Mike's bass lines are killer!

then 2) 'Brain Stew' - nice lyrics and a very cool song, especially because it's simple :)

But in general, I'll get a boner everytime they play something from the record, other than 'Brain Stew' and/or 'Jaded'

Everyone knows it's Walking Contradiction

I know!

It feels kind of wrong to pick it because it's probably the most different and un-Insomniac-sounding song on the album, but it is my favourite song on there because I just love the funny, clever and sarcastic lyrics so much. The more full on pessimistic and angry Insomniac style Armitage Shanks and Bab's Uvula Who? are also completely amazing though.

I know!

It feels kind of wrong to pick it because it's probably the most different and un-Insomniac-sounding song on the album, but it is my favourite song on there because I just love the funny, clever and sarcastic lyrics so much. The more full on pessimistic and angry Insomniac style Armitage Shanks and Bab's Uvula Who? are also completely amazing though.

The video adds to the smart-arsed, sarcastic and fun of it and yet it was the single which performed the worst of all from the album.

The video adds to the smart-arsed, sarcastic and fun of it and yet it was the single which performed the worst of all from the album.

Yes definitely, perfect video for the song! I'm surprised to hear it did the worst, would've thought the video alone would've made it more popular.

Hmmmm that's a tough one. Insomniac is my favorite at the moment so I listen to it a lot. I'm really liking Brat, and Walking Contradiction right now but overall i like every song. I really can't say any song on that album is bad.

Yes definitely, perfect video for the song! I'm surprised to hear it did the worst, would've thought the video alone would've made it more popular.

That being said, it didn't even chart as it was a promo. I guess you could say they said it was a space filler before Nimrod.

Walking Contradiction is so very fun to sing, also just a good song.

2nd fav is Geek Stink Breath, currently my phone's ringtone (works great!), also the song played at the beginning of their Rock and Roll HOF intro video.

In general I really love Insomniac, gets lost sometimes between Dookie and Nimrod.

I find Insomniac too short and dont like the sound mixing, but overall like it enough. fave is No Pride probably.

• 1 month later...

My second favorite Green Day album for sure. Its perfect from top to bottom in my opinion. My favorite song is a toss up between Brain Stew and Stuart And The Ave.

Stuart & the Ave is one of Green Day's best songs. It's fucking criminal they don't play it live more often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walking Contradiction, Brain Stew, 86, Bab's Uvula Who, Stuck With Me

No Pride is probably one of my all-time favorite GD songs, followed closely by Stuart & the Ave and Westbound Sign. 

I think it's actually easier to pick out a least favorite than a favorite, because this album has a lot of greats (I say that about every album though so who knows). 

Random fact, when I was 12 and just getting into Green Day, the first time I listened to Walking Contradiction I thought the lyrics were "my wallet's fat and so is my aunt" and I fucking lost it. :lol: 

Archived