Awesome Songs which Don't Appear on Set Lists

SomeNimrod97

This thread may have been done before but I'll run with it anyway. I've been thinking about what songs have Green Day recorded but have rarely, if ever, played live and do/could sound awesome when played live. To start the ball rolling, Panic Song. Recorded 20 years ago and there's nothing in their discography or on YouTube to show they've played it live, despite numerous people (not famous) have covered drums, guitar and bass.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the HoF, the start of Basket Case sounded like the start of Panic Song to me. Does that count?

At the HoF, the start of Basket Case sounded like the start of Panic Song to me. Does that count?

Not really since I would say, for it to count, it would have to be the entire song or at least a small bit of the lyrical section or the "melody" as full music bores would say.

I was fucking raging at that. They'd already played a bunch of rare stuff and I was so excited for Panic Song. Cunts.

Deadbeat Holiday

Blood, Sex and Booze

Castaway

Armatage Shanks

Walking Contradiction

Private Ale
The Grouch

Walking Alone

Dirty Rotten Bastards

Here is my list :

Having A Blast, Sassafras Roots, Emenius Sleepus, Tight Wad Hill, Walking Contradiction, No Pride, The Grouch, All The Time, Worry Rock, Uptight, Jinx, Haushinka, Reject, Prosthetic Head.

Bab's Uvula Who? is something which leads me to think that they only like 2 songs from Insomniac and they are the 2 songs which are 1 and were their best performing single off the album but No One Knows is an odd one and the name suggests why that classic isn't really played and Deadbeat Holiday is underrated. Another thing about Deadbeat Holiday is that the drums sounds a bit like Static Age.

I also thought there was a song on Bullet In A Bible that sounded similar to Panic Song. It was right before "Ole! Ole, ole ole!"

My list:

Having A Blast

Sassafras Roots

Westbound Sign

The Grouch

Misery

Church On Sunday

Macy's Day Parade (I did hear this in Detroit back in 2009 and it was beautiful)

Restless Heart Syndrome

Dirty Rotten Bastards

Here is my list :

Having A Blast, Sassafras Roots, Emenius Sleepus, Tight Wad Hill, Walking Contradiction, No Pride, The Grouch, All The Time, Worry Rock, Uptight, Jinx, Haushinka, Reject, Prosthetic Head.

They've definitely played all the Dookie songs, Walking Contradiction and The Grouch live. Not sure about the rest.

They've definitely played all the Dookie songs, Walking Contradiction and The Grouch live. Not sure about the rest.

Prosthetic Head, Worry Rock and Haushinka have all been played live.

Dirty Rotten Bastards, while nto a great song, would make an awesome live song because the sing-a-long nature of it. I cna imagine a crowd singing along to the "yeah, yeah. yeah yeah yea yeah" and the "Radda-dadda-dee" parts. It just seems like a song that was made for live shows, dont know why they dont play it

Prosthetic Head, Worry Rock and Haushinka have all been played live.

All of the songs 'cept Uptight have been played live :P

All of the songs 'cept Uptight have been played live :P

I'm doing the best I can, mate, not all of us have 130 versions of Welcome to Paradise in our iTunes. :P

Here is my list :

Didn't they do Tightwad Hill at House of Blues?

Have they ever played Static Age live? That would make me happy.

I really want to to hear more Insomniac and Nimrod songs !!!!!!!!!

Have they ever played Static Age live? That would make me happy.

Yeah, they did it a lot on the Breakdown tour. Seen it live twice myself, the additional sax solo in the bridge is fabulous.

I need Suffocate, Desensitized, You lied, I want to be on TV, Rotting, On the wagon, Scumbag, and mo Platypus n Blood sex and booze

Archived