Awesome Songs which Don't Appear on Set Lists

SomeNimrod97

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

Why? Both are good songs, both could've enhanced the album. The only reason not to is they wouldn't have followed the 'opera'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? Both are good songs, both could've enhanced the album. The only reason not to is they wouldn't have followed the 'opera'

I felt like Favorite Son fit pretty well into the Broadway show.

I felt like Favorite Son fit pretty well into the Broadway show.

Exactly, both fit the album

Which, by itself, is more than reason enough to leave them off.

I can understand Favourite Son, but Governator or Too Much Too Soon could've been an angry St Jimmy

Too Much Too Soon is the only one I can see working, but in the same vein as She's a Rebel. It'd be a fun, but weaker track. However, Letterbomb already serves as a sort of "breakup song" and is clearly stronger, which is why the band probably executed some self control (for once) and cut it.

Favorite Son and Governator are political, sure, but I'll always argue American Idiot really isn't a political album in the first place. I just don't think they're of the same caliber as the rest of the album, and they'd also feel out of place in the storyline.

Any of the American Idiot B-sides should be played live (Governator and/or Favourite Son should have been in the album)

Green Day doesn't play ANY non-album songs live....I know the majority of people wouldn't know them, but if they heard them live, they would! Play all the hits, and sprinkle in fan favorites and rarities. Like I said earlier, the band has SO many songs that will probably never be heard live and it's sad. Really sad. Maybe at Green Day's final concert (hopefully years and years away) they will end with Haha You're Dead and smash their guitars. Haha!

Maybe at Green Day's final concert (hopefully years and years away) they will end with Haha You're Dead and smash their guitars. Haha!

Don't even say it.

it's probably a good idea to set aside some dollars for Green Day's final concerts. Wouldn't want to miss those :P

it's probably a good idea to set aside some dollars for Green Day's final concerts. Wouldn't want to miss those :P

:fuckyou:

Don't even say it.

I know. Good Riddance will almost definitely be the final song Green Day ever performs. Followed by Platypus.

• 2 weeks later...

Nimrod never really gets as much attention as it should . Tracks like Prosthetic Head - Worry Rock - Uptight - All The Time - Jinx ; should be played more ! :(

Archived