Possible Release Date of New Album

SomeNimrod97

Tbh, if they have one ready for late this year but they save it until next autumn/fall, it would still be interesting since if they release it then and it's politically charged, like AI, they would probably try and do that just to help get yet another big wave of popularity after what can be called a trilogy of demos.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, I will be happy as long as it is not an album of standards.

Pretty sure that since the time Rob talked about those 5 demos, atleast 5 more must be ready by now. Billie Joe tends to be rather inactive during breaks but once he gets started, he writes,composes and demos the material quickly.

Pretty sure that since the time Rob talked about those 5 demos, atleast 5 more must be ready by now. Billie Joe tends to be rather inactive during breaks but once he gets started, he writes,composes and demos the material quickly.

My thoughts exactly. He says he's not going to rush it and he's going to take his time but that just means composing a track in 3 days rather than 20 minutes like I'm sure there was at least one song which was written in the time from driving from his house to the studio before.

I would say mid summer 2016 or April/May of 2017.

I hope it will be something like 21st CB or AI kinda thing, but I actually don't mind the trilogy stlye. I think there's some good songs there

You could have just said we don't want this.

Uno-Dos-Tre-green-day-32239735-600-200.j

I can't help it, I just love to shit on Zeitgeist.

Realistically I see it being a little over a year.

June through November spent writing.

December through February planning the recording.

March through May recording, mixing, mastering.

June through August promotional tour.

Release the album in September. I'm gonna say September 20th, 2016.

I'm really basing all of that off of zero knowledge... But seems likely. While they want to take their time and make something truly wonderful. Time unfortunately isn't on their side. Green Day has been testing the limits of the fountain of youth for a while now. They're probably eager to bang out more records while they still have all that energy. A fall 2016 release date will be just under 4 years since they're last record. They'll tour for roughly all of 2017 and limited shows throughout 2018. Hell, I'll even say their next next album will be released on March 17th 2021. OK... what am I doing.... Bye!

I love how so many people have so much insight into what Billie Joe "typically" does during the songwriting process/before producing an album. :lol:

I love how so many people have so much insight into what Billie Joe "typically" does during the songwriting process/before producing an album. :lol:

This will be an atypical cycle for him, since he won't be getting drunk or high while writing the songs. Fortunately for us, unlike his live performances, Billie Joe's songwriting when sober ranges from below average to pretty good, and his writing when drunk is pretty much shit (see: the Trilogy).

I don't care when it's released as long as it's good.

"Don't you think those guys are making the music?! No, it's the producers." - my guitar teacher

Just noticed that mistake haha, I don't think they'll bother with more than one at a time again

In my opinion this is going to be another revival album similar to American Idiot in regards to "hype", not sound. They just were inducted in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, and I believe they know there is a lot of pressure to live up to that expectation they have achieved. They haven't had extreme commercial success since 21st Century Breakdown, not to say Uno dos tres flopped, but from a mainstream standpoint, it was more for the fans of Green Day rather than for radio success and album sales. I can't give any predictions on what sound or style they are going to create, but I 100% believe Green Day's next album is going to have mass promotion, and atleast 3 hit singles. I don't think its going to be their last album, but this is probably the last great opportunity they have from a marketing standpoint to make a statement. This isn't because they suck or anything, trust me I love Green Day! Its more or less because Green Day is reaching their mid-40's, and its realistically the best opportunity for this band to make one last HUGE album push on a major label. With this all being said, here are my date predictions.

One Prediction:

-Pre-Production will begin by January of 2016

-Recording will take place roughly around March.

-Marketing and promotion will come out in the spring and summer of 2016.

-Album release date will be anywhere from Fall to Winter of 2016. (Just in time for grammys in 2017)

-Green Day will tour all of 2017.

-If album is successful, they will do another leg in 2018.

What I would like from Green Day 12:

Something original.

Something darker than usual, but with that hope that is ever-present in every Green Day track.

At least one song from Mike, Tre or even Jason. They wrote some fan-favs over the years, and while I know it's Billie's band, I'm sure Mike and Tre have ideas that are at least album worthy. And Jason has never had lead vocals, except for the rare live performance.

While they may go in another direction I do really like Billie Joe's idea of an album in the vein of American Idiot, but raw and "shitty sounding". I believe that with his recent struggles, St. Jimmy is due another visit. That album was sort of a coming of age story, and a sequel could delve into how those struggles have continued in his modern life.

Also, something else I would enjoy is more screaming....not screamo, but "She", "Makeout Party", "Letterbomb" just to name a few had some really powerful screaming in them.

While I'm not one of those fans who wants them repeat anything they've already done, if I had to pick two albums to combine and make the perfect album.....perhaps Insomniac and American Idiot.

Obviously Billie and the guys will secretly record this album in secret so as to suprise us, being so addicted to music he has already written one trillion songs (Tre wrote one about monkeys attacking cars but that may not make it on the album...). The album will be previewed at NiFi and released ten minutes later. Oh and an announcement will be made about all this every time they appear in public for the forseeable future :)

please note: none of this was sarcasm :P

Obviously Billie and the guys will secretly record this album in secret so as to suprise us, being so addicted to music he has already written one trillion songs (Tre wrote one about monkeys attacking cars but that may not make it on the album...). The album will be previewed at NiFi and released ten minutes later. Oh and an announcement will be made about all this every time they appear in public for the forseeable future :)

please note: none of this was sarcasm :P

also #ringgate

Realistically I see it being a little over a year.

June through November spent writing.

December through February planning the recording.

March through May recording, mixing, mastering.

June through August promotional tour.

Release the album in September. I'm gonna say September 20th, 2016.

I'm really basing all of that off of zero knowledge... But seems likely. While they want to take their time and make something truly wonderful. Time unfortunately isn't on their side. Green Day has been testing the limits of the fountain of youth for a while now. They're probably eager to bang out more records while they still have all that energy. A fall 2016 release date will be just under 4 years since they're last record. They'll tour for roughly all of 2017 and limited shows throughout 2018. Hell, I'll even say their next next album will be released on March 17th 2021. OK... what am I doing.... Bye!

Starting this July, all albums will have a standard release date of Friday. So, pick between the 16th and the 23rd :)

i would honestly rather just have another trilogy than have them fuck up the perfection of american idiot by trying to make a sequel to it.

They already tried... it's called 21st Century Breakdown. :P

They already tried... it's called 21st Century Breakdown. :P

Excuse you???? :o 21st Century Breakdown is fucking awesome!

Edit: or should I say it's awesome as fuck? :D

21 CBD is so underrated in my opinion hahaha

21 CBD is so underrated in my opinion hahaha

I'm actually not sure whether I like American Idiot or 21st CB more :D

Also I said it before in the Instagram thread, but it's more fitting here.

I kind of think that the next album will be more politically influenced and more socio-critical, much like AI and 21st CB.

Billie has been pretty vocal on his social media about the events in the last year or so, so I think he's going to vent his frustration in his music..

At least I hope so :D

i would honestly rather just have another trilogy than have them fuck up the perfection of american idiot by trying to make a sequel to it.

A sequel to the shitrilogy might be the only GD-related idea I've ever heard that's worse than the intent behind 21CB.

It wouldn't be American Idiot II, it would just deal with issues in the same way, St. Jimmy obviously being the destructive side of Billie Joe. Whatshername is long gone, and Jesus, Jesus know what happened to Jesus (haha). It could be something as simple as a line like "St. Jimmy's back in town / So what / Oh F*ckin' Well"

Archived