Possible Release Date of New Album

SomeNimrod97

Anybody got an thoughts of when the new album will be released? If they go at their usual speed, it'll be released between October 2015 and February 2016 but with them saying that they could be taking their time, it could be 2017 before the new album comes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing indicates they've even started properly recording yet. Very much doubt we'll get one this year, gotta be another year at least.

Nothing indicates they've even started properly recording yet. Very much doubt we'll get one this year, gotta be another year at least.

No indication?

Nah, I don't think it will be 2017 tbh.

Not this year either because Billie said "he doesn't want to rush it", and like Ceadog said, they haven't even started recording yet, at least not that we know of.

I'm betting some time in 2016, maybe summer.

No indication?

Nothing. They've mentioned having 5 or so demos but that means nothing. Billie Joe never goes into studio anymore without at least 40 songs written, and a demo can be anything between a few acoustic chord progressions and a fully developed song. Most likely they'll go into studio this autumn after their show in Kentucky.

Yeah there's not really any indication of when a new album would be coming out so far, although hearing that they've been working on songs is promising! This being Green Day it's always possible that they'll be sneaky and surprise us with a side project album or something out of the blue any time though, so who knows.

Still waiting for Heart Like a Hand grenade...

And what the fuck happened to that easy bay punk doc?

Late 2016/ 2017 for the albums (even they will be released before HLAHG)

Late 2016/ 2017 for the albums (even they will be released before HLAHG)

Albums? Plural?

Yeah I feel like we won't hear any new material until at least mid-late 2016 or early 2017, considering the time there usually is in between two Green Day albums and the fact that the last album was actually a trilogy. I'm hoping for a new single by july or so of 2016 though

And what the fuck happened to that easy bay punk doc?

It is still in works.

If I had to guess, mid-2017 maybe?

Considering that there's been zero talk of a new album by Green Day, I wouldn't expect anything in the near future.

It'll probably come out on a day of a month in the future.

Can't get more accurate than that right now. Question answered :)

And how about a BREAKUP?

Seriously, I think there will be a new album sooner than later. My guess is the next year. Maybe fall/late summer. I don't think they want to make a large gap like the AI/21CB one; they can't afford that now. The band needs to move on from the void the Trilogy created. I doubt most of the public knows there was a release at all.

God, not again. Never again.

Coming this summer: Green Day's next project called "G R E E N D A Y"! An eight album set of the band's newest music. First up; "G" followed by the next album "R", and so on! "I'm super excited, there's not a stinker in the bunch" says producer Rob Cavallo.

I think we'll have single either very late this year or in the first quarter of 2016. As for the album? Hopefully a few months after the single :)

My prediction is new album in spring 2016 followed by summer tour.

I don't think it's worth trying to guess the release time quite yet. Billie has reportedly only written about 5 new songs which Rob Cavallo really likes. In terms of an album, Billie stated that he can't really say when it will come out because the band is not going to be finished until they make sure they have done the best work they can do. It could be mid 2016 or it could be sometime in 2020. It's all about the creative process and bringing out the best of what they have at the moment. From what I've heard it seems like they're working on something great, and it's best to let them do that so the next album, whether it gets released sooner or later, lives up to its potential and is the best that it can be. I'd rather have a great album that takes 10 years to make, rather than a mediocre or average album written in a year. Lucky for us Billie can write a lot of songs in a fairly short time so maybe we'll get lucky :)

And how about a BREAKUP?

Seriously, I think there will be a new album sooner than later. My guess is the next year. Maybe fall/late summer. I don't think they want to make a large gap like the AI/21CB one; they can't afford that now. The band needs to move on from the void the Trilogy created. I doubt most of the public knows there was a release at all.

I kind of agree that going without a large gap would be good for their career, but in order to have a potentially great album, they need to take their time. I think that's something that true Green Day fans value more than a quick release to please the general public. They've been at points in the past where they seem to be losing their mainstream presence in the music world but they've always come out of it stronger, and with a great album that makes a statement. With that, I have full confidence that however long the wait is, their next release will be great, from what I've heard they're at the top of their games right now and they're taking full advantage of it :)

I don't know what I want from the album, but to make a good album it will take time. However, I know what I don't want (Using examples of shite non-Green Day modern rock albums):
Hopefully the mixing won't be shite like on this thing:

Zeitgeist_cover.png

Zeitgeist? More like SHITEgeist

Hopefully it won't be slightly unoriginal like this thing (Hang on Foo fans, I actually kind of like this album):

Foo_Fighters_8LP_Sonic_Highways.jpg

And hopefully EVERYTHING won't suck like on this thing:

220px-Weezer-Raditude.jpg

Oh,and it's probably going to come out sometime next year. I don't care when it comes out as long as they take their time on it.

I don't know what I want from the album, but to make a good album it will take time. However, I know what I don't want (Using examples of shite non-Green Day modern rock albums):

Hopefully the mixing won't be shite like on this thing:

Zeitgeist_cover.png

Zeitgeist? More like SHITEgeist

Hopefully it won't be slightly unoriginal like this thing (Hang on Foo fans, I actually kind of like this album):

Foo_Fighters_8LP_Sonic_Highways.jpg

And hopefully EVERYTHING won't suck like on this thing:

220px-Weezer-Raditude.jpg

Oh,and it's probably going to come out sometime next year. I don't care when it comes out as long as they take their time on it.

You could have just said we don't want this.

Uno-Dos-Tre-green-day-32239735-600-200.j

Archived