Does Billie Joe look scary or mean?

Billie Hoe

Okay, I don't know if this question is important enough to be getting its own thread, but meh, I wouldn't know where else to ask, since people never really seem to reply to "Random Green Day Thoughts" posts :D

In my life I've encountered at least three different people, who weren't Green Day fans and couldn't have influenced each other in any way, who said that in their opinion Billie Joe looks like a mean, scary rockstar.

I was absolutely baffled by this because I know that he's not - I think he's more like a bunch of fatherly fluff, awkwardness and happiness. :D But whatever.

I wonder if he generally makes this impression on people how don't really know him that well.

Do you think that, if you didn't know him, he would have this impression on you?

Do you think you can objectively say if he looks like a mean, scary rockstar?

What are your friends' (who aren't GD fans obviously) impessions of him? :D

Just curious^^

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My seven year old nephew laughs and/or shakes his head and says he looks silly pretty much every time he sees a photo of him so I have to conclude that he's not scary or mean looking. Plus there's the fact that he clearly resembles an adorable puppy.

He's a big cuddle fluff that looks scary to Justin Bieber fans because he owned their idol :P He's never stricken me as scary or mean, in fact it's never crossed my mind.

Sometimes he gives schoolkids the creeps.

I heard that sometimes he gives himself the creeps

And on a great occasion, sometimes his mind plays tricks on him... :ninja:

My seven year old nephew laughs and/or shakes his head and says he looks silly pretty much every time he sees a photo of him so I have to conclude that he's not scary or mean looking. Plus there's the fact that he clearly resembles an adorable puppy.

Maybe he looks differently from below, since every middle schooler pretty much is at eye level with him :D

He's a big cuddle fluff that looks scary to Justin Bieber fans because he owned their idol :P He's never stricken me as scary or mean, in fact it's never crossed my mind.

Who hasn't ^^ Yeah, me neither, but that's because I know he isn't :D

I admit he looked a bit scary at iHeart, but these people told me that before the incident

hobbo billie joe is kinda scary, yes.

Really? :D I mean yeah, he looks like 10 years older than he his, but he looks funny :D

My parents think he looks like Satan and all things ungodly. I think he's adorable.

I think it just depends on what you find attractive. Billie is short, his face is not symmetrical, his teeth are crooked, his hair is generally a mess and he still wear clothes he wore in hs. For me, the whole package works because I find people's imperfections beautiful and interesting. It is one of the things that make a person unique. I personally am not attractive to the traditioral handsome man forexample, I find George Clooney boring looking and rob lowe looks like a doll. If you are attracted to people who are more "perfect" you might find Billie scary

and rob lowe looks like a doll.

Hmm a Rob Lowe doll... I've got some business to attend to haha

I think it just depends on what you find attractive. Billie is short, his face is not symmetrical, his teeth are crooked, his hair is generally a mess and he still wear clothes he wore in hs. For me, the whole package works because I find people's imperfections beautiful and interesting. It is one of the things that make a person unique. I personally am not attractive to the traditioral handsome man forexample, I find George Clooney boring looking and rob lowe looks like a doll. If you are attracted to people who are more "perfect" you might find Billie scary

Couldn't have said it any better :D There's something far more 'beautiful' and admirable in someone who is physically imperfect. :)

I just tried to look at him as scary, and I don't see it. I just see incredibly hot and adorable. I swear I tried hard to see scary. What is hobobilliejoe?

Actually, I have a Bille Joe appearance question - I wasn't sure where to post it. I watch a lot of You Tube concert videos of GD and stuff, and the comments always say things like "You can tell he was so drunk here" or insert "high" or "messed up" - I can NEVER tell a difference among any of the videos. Are people just being dumbasses? Or can you actually tell?

I just tried to look at him as scary, and I don't see it. I just see incredibly hot and adorable. I swear I tried hard to see scary. What is hobobilliejoe?

Actually, I have a Bille Joe appearance question - I wasn't sure where to post it. I watch a lot of You Tube concert videos of GD and stuff, and the comments always say things like "You can tell he was so drunk here" or insert "high" or "messed up" - I can NEVER tell a difference among any of the videos. Are people just being dumbasses? Or can you actually tell?

Hobo Billie Joe is when he's really unshaven and with unruly, extremely fluffy hair :) like he was when he played with the Replacements.

Tbh I think people are just overreacting all the time because he went to rehab and start to overanalyse every picture, message or video, looking for every little clue that he could have been high or drunk. Or messed up. Maybe they try to figure out how long this has been going on. Someone on Facebook wrote that he "clearly was drunk at his HOF performance" like seriously dude please leave the analysis in your English lit homework. This kind of behavior is so tiring, because OBVIOUSLY he is drunk 24/7 and has absolutely no control over himself. Christ.

Scary...? Hm... Maybe I was already too old to be scared by a tiny man with Emo hair and style when I first saw pictures of him, but scary... no way... First thing I heard was their music (AI was the first music by GD I got to know) was said to be punk, but, umm... I remember being very surprised by AI being punk, and BJ being a punkrock singer. Didn´t go together in my mind, he looked way too stylish, nice and pretty. Maybe that should have scared me... :)

Boooo

Too short to be scary.

What about Chucky? He was pretty short...

It might have something to do with his facial expressions when performing. Sometimes he looks pissed.

green-day-performing-live-03.jpg

08-whitejr.jpg

120727-billie-joe_0.png

I'm not going to post the iHeart photos.

tumblr_mkdfmmvJ3R1s1r35oo1_500.gif

^I can see how that might creep people out.

It might have something to do with his facial expressions when performing. Sometimes he looks pissed.

green-day-performing-live-03.jpg

08-whitejr.jpg

120727-billie-joe_0.png

I'm not going to post the iHeart photos.

tumblr_mkdfmmvJ3R1s1r35oo1_500.gif

^I can see how that might creep people out.

Haha yeah, that gif is kinda scary :D

Thanks for not posting these :rolleyes:

His facial expressions are the best! So over the top - rather funny than scary.

I don't think anybody I know thinks he looks mean and scary. He doesn't. In fact he has a nice guy type of face.

The AI video was the first thing I've ever seen of GD and I thought Billie was pretty cool with these black clothes, big eyes and pissed off attitude, but I wasn't scared. I've asked my mom, she has said he was scary around the AI era.

For example my friends, they're accustomed well-behaved, nice pop stars and y'know, they think he's mean, but just one was actually scared of him.

What about Chucky? He was pretty short...

Chucky isn't scary, he's also too short.

Archived