Rock and Roll Hall of Fame live thread

Fuzz

Their induction, their 3 songs, their intro and they played Boys with Ringo and were in the finale.

Also, when Joan Jett thanked Green Day and they panned to BJ smiling. :lol:

FACING EAST: Reactions to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions

Green Day was inducted and I don’t know why—they are relatively “young” and I feel that haven’t really trudged through the decades. But maybe their Idiot Nation petitioned for them.

http://www.parkerpioneer.net/opinion/article_c7a35b5a-089f-11e5-97a9-ebc44c6f3392.html

11168531_10152903011558412_1814290770401

I am extremely #honored and #humbled to have been invited by @treleparc & the #GreenDay camp to celebrate with them being inducted into the #RockAndRollHallOfFame #ClassOf2015. I will forever be grateful for my dear friends @bigdrums #MattSorum, #MikeClink, #JerryFinn #RIP, & #RobCavallo who helped me early on when I started working in the studio. Here's Tre's new @sjcdrums for his drum duet with #RingoStarr last night.

Just got around to watching the telecast. It was so beautiful!

My eyes were wet during Joan Jett's induction, she is so cool and so inspirational!

Green Day's induction was so emotional and so touching. The way the place exploded when Green Day started playing was amazing!\

I love them so much. Mike's speech, Billie's speech and Tre's speech summed up how they felt perfectly.

And when you see Paul McCartney and Joan rocking out to your favourite band, you know you have made the right choices in life!

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching the performance portion of this on YouTube... damn. I still don't believe I actually witnessed this in-person.

I still say When I Come Around was an odd song choice, but Billie Joe looked so starstruck while playing it, I don't really mind now. Also, was he mouthing "hey, that's me" during the solo? In all fairness, the backdrops were fucking amazing. :P

Basket Case was definitely the best though. Absolutely amazing.

I still never get tired of hearing him say "Cleeevelaaand!" either, in case anyone wondered... :wub:

Finally got around to watching the performance portion of this on YouTube... damn. I still don't believe I actually witnessed this in-person.

I still say When I Come Around was an odd song choice, but Billie Joe looked so starstruck while playing it, I don't really mind now. Also, was he mouthing "hey, that's me" during the solo? In all fairness, the backdrops were fucking amazing. :P

Basket Case was definitely the best though. Absolutely amazing.

I still never get tired of hearing him say "Cleeevelaaand!" either, in case anyone wondered... :wub:

I loved the backdrops - I would disagree with WICA - still one of the most recognisable gd songs - well it is here.

• Like 2

WICA is definitely one of their most known songs, but I found it an odd choice because idk if it's one of their defining songs?

WICA is definitely one of their most known songs, but I found it an odd choice because idk if it's one of their defining songs?

I would actually say that it is. I saw an article the other day that said it was the best song written in the 1990's. Now that is bit of a stretch, maybe. But I think it is a song that has held up more than almost every other song on Dookie. Thing 2 and I sing it together all the time, she loves it.

• Like 1

OK, maybe it's not an iconic song? idk, compared to Basket Case or Longview, it's definitely as successful as those songs, but I don't know if it's as generation-defining as Basket Case and American Idiot.

I think I'm just confused because I was never a big fan of the song and while it's much better live IMO, I'm still not the biggest fan of it. :ninja:

Is there any download of the speech? Somebody recorded it?

HBO isn't airing it here yet; I don't know what they're waiting for... I'm sooo disappointed :(

Is there any download of the speech? Somebody recorded it?

HBO isn't airing it here yet; I don't know what they're waiting for... I'm sooo disappointed :(

Yep is somewhere a few pages back.

Yep is somewhere a few pages back.

ok. thanks

No videos available anymore :rolleyes:

Edited by Laly

When I Come Around is one of my favorite songs by them. I was at the House of Blues show and that seemed like it was one of the 4 songs from the older era that everyone knew all the words to, not just the hardcore fans. Basket Case, Longview and She were the other ones, ironically all from the same album.

I was also at the induction ceremony and I felt the same way. Everyone there around me were dancing and singing along. The video doesn't compare to how loud the crowd actually was. When my friend that I went with and I were guessing which songs they would play we thought of one song from each of the better known albums (Dookie, American Idiot, and 21st Century Breakdown). We were hoping for Welcome to Paradise or Basket Case, American Idiot or Holiday, and East Jesus Nowhere or 21 Guns.

I also liked how they had Jason Freeze play piano on all 3 songs.

• Like 2

For those in the U.S. with cable, HBO and its sister channels are free this weekend on most cable platforms. They usually turn it on at 6 a.m. Friday morning and it lasts until Tuesday morning around the same time.

The induction ceremony is on HBO on Demand (which is also free during this preview), but if you want to DVR it and watch it after the trial ends, here's the schedule for airings this weekend, according to their schedule:

• Fri, Jun 19, 9:00AM ET - HBO EAST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 9:00AM ET - HBO LATINO EAST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 12:00PM ET - HBO WEST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 12:00PM ET - HBO LATINO WEST
  • Sun, Jun 21, 11:30AM ET - HBO2 EAST
  • Sun, Jun 21, 2:30PM ET - HBO2 WEST

Note that two of the airings are on the Latino channel, which means spoken audio may be dubbed in Spanish and subtitles may be on the screen.

For those in the U.S. with cable, HBO and its sister channels are free this weekend on most cable platforms. They usually turn it on at 6 a.m. Friday morning and it lasts until Tuesday morning around the same time.

The induction ceremony is on HBO on Demand (which is also free during this preview), but if you want to DVR it and watch it after the trial ends, here's the schedule for airings this weekend, according to their schedule:

• Fri, Jun 19, 9:00AM ET - HBO EAST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 9:00AM ET - HBO LATINO EAST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 12:00PM ET - HBO WEST
  • Fri, Jun 19, 12:00PM ET - HBO LATINO WEST
  • Sun, Jun 21, 11:30AM ET - HBO2 EAST
  • Sun, Jun 21, 2:30PM ET - HBO2 WEST

Note that two of the airings are on the Latino channel, which means spoken audio may be dubbed in Spanish and subtitles may be on the screen.

The audio is english on the Latino one watched it on there the other night

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Watch Paul McCartney's Backstage Antics at Rock Hall Ceremony
Paul McCartney has shared with Rolling Stone an exclusive, behind-the-scenes video from this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony in Cleveland,

Billie Joe at 4:07

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-paul-mccartneys-backstage-antics-at-rock-hall-ceremony-20150714

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’ve got [Green Day singer] Billie Joe Armstrong’s complete outfit from Woodstock ’94. He started this mud fight with the chant, “I don’t care what you do. I don’t want to be a mud hippy like you.” [Bassist] Mike Dirnt lost three teeth. We have Billie Joe’s tie, which has a shadow of mud on it. The shoes we kept in a bag.

http://audiokorner.com/?p=32982

11986948_1195833730442327_73812234085794

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...