Rock and Roll Hall of Fame live thread

Fuzz

Use this thread to talk about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony as it airs tonight on HBO (8pm EST).

Post any live streams you find as well, for the poor people who can't afford HBO.

• Like 2

Is there a stream? Is there an announcement?? Are they breaking up??????

Well I'm really looking forward to that jam (?) they did between When I Come Around/Basket Case. Sounded really good and fresh.

Anyone else hearing nothing when using the live stream?

Stream 3 works for me but I can't hear a thing

5 has sound

5 has sound

5 doesn't do anything. No sound, no video. I'm using chrome. Do i need to use another browser or something?

So people who are watching it, how much are they cutting out? I've been wondering how much HBO cut out since they've reduced a show that took 6 hours to 3 hours. Joan Jett and company played 3 songs, but it sounds like they only showed one on the special.

So people who are watching it, how much are they cutting out? I've been wondering how much HBO cut out since they've reduced a show that took 6 hours to 3 hours. Joan Jett and company played 3 songs, but it sounds like they only showed one on the special.

They showed all 3 songs.

5 doesn't do anything. No sound, no video. I'm using chrome. Do i need to use another browser or something?

Works for me on Chrome. Just have to refresh it every few minutes because it stops (ads and shit)

I love how the runtime on this is two hours and 53 minutes. The whole ceremony lasted about six hours. I do not envy the editor(s) for this.

• Like 2

i'm not paying super close attention but it seems like they cut out about half of miley's speech.

They did. They cut out the entire part where Miley talked about how Joan Jett is the only woman to pray on the male side of some wall in the Middle East. Can't think of the specific name, but it's a really neat story.

They also didn't show two of the other members of The Blackhearts to speak. I knew there would be cuts, but they are taking out some big chunks.

Anyone know how long into it until they show Green Day and/or the order of inductees?

Green Day came after these guys if I remember correctly
  • Like 1

Green Day came after these guys if I remember correctly

Green Day came after Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Edit: They are showing these out of order. Bill Withers was towards the end of the night. No idea when Green Day may be up.

• Like 1

Dropped a couple tears when I was listening to Joan's speech :'(
I'm now anxious to hear what Green Day has to say.

Green Day came after Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Edit: They are showing these out of order. Bill Withers was towards the end of the night. No idea when Green Day may be up.

Thanks everyone!