Green Day to play NiFi Music Fest - CANCELLED

Sanity Loan

lolol 300$ my ass! such a shitty lineup. Kings of Leon is another band that I could add to the overrated list. :P

this comment matches your avatar so perfectly.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a terrible photo, at least its in action though. None of the "recent" photoshoots are any good imo.

MyT6wxh.png

pretty damn accurate for jason, givin he'd be 42 in november :lol:

Awesome! Seems like they're itching to play shows, hoping there'll be more to come.

the only way i consider 300 for a fest is if 5+ good "known" bands and or 10 or more really good bands.

the only way i consider 300 for a fest is if 5+ good "known" bands and or 10 or more really good bands.

I agree, I wouldn't go to a festival unless the lineup was good. The only exception would be if I was going with a big group of friends, then the bands wouldn't matter as much.

I don't know what I'm more afraid of: the fact that I'm willing to spend $245 to see Green Day at a mostly COUNTRY music festival, or the fact that Brandon REALLY wants to go and is OK with us spending $245 each to see Green Day (and all these country acts he likes, apparently).

Fuck my bank account. It's so fucked. Totally fucked. But I'm probably going to go... because I'm me. :P

Also, for some reason this made me laugh...

PAYMENT PLAN BUY

Life is full of tough choices, but going to NiFi shouldn't be one of them. Don't think you can afford it right this second? Relax. No need to start selling your belongings. We've put together a payment plan to give you and your wallet the flexibility needed to get you to NiFi.

Tickets are paid in several easy installments. Your first payment will secure your ticket(s) and you will be sent email reminders for the remaining payments on the date payment is due. We won't be automatically charging you, so keep an eye on your email! Applicable fees and shipping will be added to first payment upon checkout.

PAYMENT PLAN TICKET SALES END ON June 30, 2015 AT 5PM EST OR WHEN SOLD OUT.

I agree, I wouldn't go to a festival unless the lineup was good. The only exception would be if I was going with a big group of friends, then the bands wouldn't matter as much.

yeah that's why i usually stick with the festivals that mostly are good, like carnival of madness. lolla, this one green day is attending (which is gonna suck, not green day tho), warped (some good bands, but too many shitty emos. :lol: )

I don't know what I'm more afraid of: the fact that I'm willing to spend $245 to see Green Day at a mostly COUNTRY music festival, or the fact that Brandon REALLY wants to go and is OK with us spending $245 each to see Green Day (and all these country acts he likes, apparently).

Fuck my bank account. It's so fucked. Totally fucked. But I'm probably going to go... because I'm me. :P

Also, for some reason this made me laugh...

PAYMENT PLAN BUY

Life is full of tough choices, but going to NiFi shouldn't be one of them. Don't think you can afford it right this second? Relax. No need to start selling your belongings. We've put together a payment plan to give you and your wallet the flexibility needed to get you to NiFi.

Tickets are paid in several easy installments. Your first payment will secure your ticket(s) and you will be sent email reminders for the remaining payments on the date payment is due. We won't be automatically charging you, so keep an eye on your email! Applicable fees and shipping will be added to first payment upon checkout.

PAYMENT PLAN TICKET SALES END ON June 30, 2015 AT 5PM EST OR WHEN SOLD OUT.

Good luck! I hope you can go. I love that Brandon is such a Green Day fan now :lol:

too many shitty emos

^^ :lol:

Yayyyyyy another concert spam thread opertunity! :happy:

FUCK I HATE YOU ALISSA. I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

I called him and every time I read an artist he was like "FUCK, I love them!" and I got happier... :D We're gonna try to make a final decision tonight.

I think he really wants to go, I just feel bad that I'm the financial liability with a car payment, loans, low-paying job, etc. that always limits what we can do from a financial standpoint. :( Honestly, if I felt better about this new job prospect it'd be a no-brainer since I know I'd be getting a raise. I know we'd do the payment plan thing, since we probably couldn't afford the $500 outright at the moment.

I'm sure it'd be easier if we went in a group since we could split costs, but I understand other people not going. It's a lot of money, not counting hotels, travel, etc. I doubt any of us would want to camp, right? Fuck that. :P

Also, fuck this festival for not giving us more time to plan! :mad: Is it confirmed there aren't day passes?

Good luck! I hope you can go. I love that Brandon is such a Green Day fan now :lol:

He always has been, just not as outwardly. He was actually a fan before me... he got into them around the Warning era, I believe. We have very similar music tastes, except his are WAY more diverse than me, because he also enjoys a lot of oldies, rap and country. He's always begged me to go to country shows and I refuse, so this lineup would be a decent compromise for both of us. :happy: Money is really the only factor. :(

That's a very sound financial decision.

So glad you have become your active / sarcastic old self :wub:

I called him and every time I read an artist he was like "FUCK, I love them!" and I got happier... :D We're gonna try to make a final decision tonight.

I think he really wants to go, I just feel bad that I'm the financial liability with a car payment, loans, low-paying job, etc. that always limits what we can do from a financial standpoint. :( Honestly, if I felt better about this new job prospect it'd be a no-brainer since I know I'd be getting a raise. I know we'd do the payment plan thing, since we probably couldn't afford the $500 outright at the moment.

I'm sure it'd be easier if we went in a group since we could split costs, but I understand other people not going. It's a lot of money, not counting hotels, travel, etc. I doubt any of us would want to camp, right? Fuck that. :P

bitch I would love to camp out. Might do a bobo and come hang out if enough people I like decide to attend. Let it be noted that I am only coming out because I want to see everyone again, not because I want to wait around hoping that green day magically appears and lets me into the venue :P

bitch I would love to camp out. Might do a bobo and come hang out if enough people I like decide to attend. Let it be noted that I am only coming out because I want to see everyone again, not because I want to wait around hoping that green day magically appears and lets me into the venue :P

Wait, you would? Fuuuuuck, you told me you'd never camp at a Green Day event again! Doesn't this count, since it's ACTUAL camping? :P

... I really don't know what to do though. Like, rational me says to save the money and pay for bills. Irrational me says "bitch, you work 50 hours a week, you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!"

think i'm gonna wait and see if there are day passes and if not i'll just buy the 3 day ticket. it's only around a 2 hour drive for me so i really have no choice but to go :P

:wub: EEEEEEEEEEEEK I HAVE TO GO NOW

Do you think the tickets will sell quickly? That's what I'm wondering. Plus, my problem is Brandon wants to see a lot of these other performers, and if they're not playing the day Green Day is playing, he'd be pissed and probably would want the three-day pass anyway. Because unless they release a schedule early, we won't know what bands are playing what days till pretty late. And by then who knows how many tickets will be available.

Ugh, I don't know what to do. Thank God we don't have kids or actual responsibilities right now. We'd be terrible parents. "Sorry kids, can't buy you clothes or food this month! WE GOTTA GO SEE GREEN DAY!!!!!!"

Wait, you would? Fuuuuuck, you told me you'd never camp at a Green Day event again! Doesn't this count, since it's ACTUAL camping? :P

... I really don't know what to do though. Like, rational me says to save the money and pay for bills. Irrational me says "bitch, you work 50 hours a week, you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!"

Your husband actually WANTS to go. What is there to decide???

Fuuuuuck, you told me you'd never camp at a Green Day event again!

:o :O :o :O :o

Your husband actually WANTS to go. What is there to decide???

Whether or not...

giphy.gif

Whether or not...

Doesn't freakin' matter. If my husband said he wanted to go, those tickets would be purchased so fast it would make his head spin. I would deal with the repercussions later. There are always ways to make it up to him that he falls for every time.

What I want to know is why Kentucky??? Not New York or LA or Chicago, but Kentucky?? I live in the NYC area, I'm used to getting everything!!

Doesn't freakin' matter. If my husband said he wanted to go, those tickets would be purchased so fast it would make his head spin. I would deal with the repercussions later. There are always ways to make it up to him that he falls for every time.

What I want to know is why Kentucky??? Not New York or LA or Chicago, but Kentucky?? I live in the NYC area, I'm used to getting everything!!

Because that's where they own and operate Nascar racetracks.

i hope this is part of a tour, even if it's a small festival tour. This as a one off show would be awful.

:wub: EEEEEEEEEEEEK I HAVE TO GO NOW

Do you think the tickets will sell quickly? That's what I'm wondering.

I imagine the $245 early bird passes will sell quickly. the pricier ones may go a little slower.

This is awesome news! I was trying to find another way to see built to spill because I couldn't go out west when my parents are visiting my brother, but now I could get to see them, Joy Formidable, Weezer, and Green Day!!! Holy crap, I'm pretty sure I now have an excuse for family members to take me to see Green Day! Yea!!!!!!!

Ugh, I'm torn. It's a 4 and a half hour drive for me which isn't bad at all. I'd also really like to see Weezer and Bleachers and Flogging Molly is always fun...but I'm conflicted with that ticket price. I have no interest in seeing the other two headliners. Also, The Orwells were the WORST band I've ever seen live.

I guess I'm only going if I can convince a few of my friends to go. Would be a fun mini vacation this summer.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived