Green Day to play NiFi Music Fest - CANCELLED

Sanity Loan

I just really want a post on Green Days website or their instagrams or whatever about it so I can work oSameut what the hell I'm going to do

Same.

I'm seeing that Riot Fest is on that weekend in Denver. Who wants to email them asking them to hire Green Day? :P

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same.

I'm seeing that Riot Fest is on that weekend in Denver. Who wants to email them asking them to hire Green Day? :P

Dream.

I dont believe we are not going to get any information from green day about this at all. But tbh it's looking like they aren't going to say anything! I don't know what to do at all hahahahaha ha.

I get the feeling Green Day are somewhat embarrassed to post anything about it since it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. It wasn't just them on the bill obviously but as one of the headliners it looks shitty...like they couldn't draw a big enough crowd and the festival was cancelled. I guess they want to avoid the asshole comments on facebook/twitter etc but tbh they owe their fans at least one post given the fact that they posted so much about it before this and so many ppl were looking forward to it.

I'm gonna be pissed if they just pretend it never happened.

Canceled with one L is actually the preferred Associated Press spelling for news stories... :P

Yeah, but you lot also think that "dumpster" should be capitalized, so...

My friend who is/was/(I don't even know any more) going with Fran and I to this thinks that maybe they closed their social media so they don't have to keep paying staff to manage them.

Public relations consultants are usually covered by contracts which specify a retainer amount and an hourly rate above and beyond the retainer. It's possible that NiFi's consultants had already hit their retainer, and there was no point continuing to pay them. I mean, it would be really stupid to set such a low bar on a retainer amount given that things don't really get expensive until after you cross that threshold, but hey, this is NiFi we're talking about...

Dream.

I dont believe we are not going to get any information from green day about this at all. But tbh it's looking like they aren't going to say anything! I don't know what to do at all hahahahaha ha.

Probably won't. Maybe a note on the band's page that NiFi has been cancelled (canceled?!) and refund details, but really, what are they going to say that NiFi hasn't already said to everyone with a ticket?

I'm gonna be pissed if they just pretend it never happened.

Why? What difference does it make, really, whether Green Day posts a five-page condemnation of NiFi, a one-paragraph note about the cancellation or nothing at all? NiFi's already said all that it needs to to ticketholders, so there's not really anything for GD to add.

as much as i wish they would play another show in the area i really don't see it happening :( it just doesn't make sense for them to play a random show in the midwest/south when they aren't even touring. i'm not surprised they haven't said anything about the cancellation either, it's not like they were really hyping it up or doing a lot of promotion for it.

i knew that green day actually playing close to me was too good to be true -_-

I second this. When I found out I was so happy, like "COULD IT BE? AN HOUR FROM MY HOUSE, AGAIN?!"

But no, no it could not be, sadly. Not really surprised, though. There's been a Cincinnati/NKY Green Day drought for years now, it was much too good to be true. And NiFi had me so fooled into $80-something that it wasn't, I sort of feel like a disappointed kid on Christmas hahaha

I got an email a few hours ago confirming my refund. Looks like the fees were refunded as well.

I second this. When I found out I was so happy, like "COULD IT BE? AN HOUR FROM MY HOUSE, AGAIN?!"

But no, no it could not be, sadly. Not really surprised, though. There's been a Cincinnati/NKY Green Day drought for years now, it was much too good to be true. And NiFi had me so fooled into $80-something that it wasn't, I sort of feel like a disappointed kid on Christmas hahaha

Ohio was left in the dark for a decade and then we got that incredible weekend in April.

Watch them not refund any money to anyone now that no one has a way to complain publicly about them.

goddammit Jardy you ruined my joke.

I am just the worst.

Why? What difference does it make, really, whether Green Day posts a five-page condemnation of NiFi, a one-paragraph note about the cancellation or nothing at all? NiFi's already said all that it needs to to ticketholders, so there's not really anything for GD to add.

I dunno man I disagree.

Yes, they can't really add anything and the issue itself isnt anything to do with them, I still feel they owe at least a paragraph directly to the fans.

It's not as if this is one show of a massive tour that has been cancelled. It was a one off, and while nifi would have been shit, I feel that deserves at least recognition.

I know a lot of people have spent a lot of money on this and were looking forward to it. As one of those people I would appreciate some direct communication between the band and the fans rather than a little post from NiFi before they remove all social media pages and act as if it was never a thing to begin with.

As a festival where they where playing was cancelled, they should say something about it on their website. It was their only show also.

I dunno man I disagree.

Yes, they can't really add anything and the issue itself isnt anything to do with them, I still feel they owe at least a paragraph directly to the fans.

It's not as if this is one show of a massive tour that has been cancelled. It was a one off, and while nifi would have been shit, I feel that deserves at least recognition.

I know a lot of people have spent a lot of money on this and were looking forward to it. As one of those people I would appreciate some direct communication between the band and the fans rather than a little post from NiFi before they remove all social media pages and act as if it was never a thing to begin with.

Eh, agree to disagree. It'd be nice if the band said something, but there's really nothing they can add other than, "Gee, that sucks." They have nothing to apologize for. NiFi's the bunch that couldn't get their heads out of their asses and sell tickets.

But it'd help to hear something from them to maybe get a hint of what's happening next.

Miranda Lambert has done exactly the same. The date is not on her website and no message.

Most bands still have the date on their tour section.

Checking the rest......

I blame The Orwells for all of this.

I blame the Orwells for that stupid Apple commercial song making me think their album was worth spending 40 minutes of my life on. MISTAKE.

The moment when fans realize they aren't owed explanations from bands... Lol

With the other acts though NiFi wasn't their only show. I really doubt they had many fans specifically travelling and spending money on that one show.

The fact it was the only Green Day show is the reason I want some sort of communication tbh. If they had other shows lined up that would be grand and I would have avoided NiFi anyway.

It is weird that no acts have mentioned it. I dunno if NiFi just wants to be forgotten or what.

I blame the Orwells for that stupid Apple commercial song making me think their album was worth spending 40 minutes of my life on. MISTAKE.

You let Apple influence your music listening?

Wow what a drone you are letting a awful corporation like Apple tell you who to listen to...

Posted from Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Worst band I've ever seen live. This was from their dumpster fire of a show last year.

The moment when fans realize they aren't owed explanations from bands... Lol

If a band cancells a concert they should notify it, end of story. I don't need a "we are so sorry blablabla" post. It would be nice, but you're right, they don't owe us that. A notification, that's all.

Every band site I've visited so far didn't announce it on their news/principal page on their website. I'd bet NiFi told them not to post it on their front page so their fuck up didn't get to many people.

If a band cancells a concert they should notify it, end of story. I don't need a "we are so sorry blablabla" post. It would be nice, but you're right, they don't owe us that. A notification, that's all.

Every band site I've visited so far didn't announce it on their news/principal page on their website. I'd bet NiFi told them not to post it on their front page so their fuck up didn't get to many people.

They taken down the date that is the notification...

You wouldn't see that unless you went to the tour section on purpose. Idk you have you opinion and I have mine... I just don't like it that you are referring to us as "people who think bands owe fans explanations and are realising they don't", I just think it's the correct thing to do, not on a sentimental level if you know what I mean but on an official procedure.

This. Even recognition as an instagram comment or something. Much better than pretending nifi didn't exist.

No it's not. You can't see it unless you look for it. That's not notification.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived